• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Polluted Planet - Built By Team Technic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I looked at this map and even got a few other opinions on it because I was a bit torn on it. After a long debate and analysis, this is my conclusion. From a pvp perspective, the map is great. There are a lot of flat areas with open space that would be good for pvp. It doesnt seem over or underdetailed while pvping, and overall the slime and pit make for interesting elements to pvp on. When viewed from a builders perspective, is where it gets a bit tricky. The clouds are nice while pvping, and the detail is nice, yet they still stand out as two-dimensional and flat. In many places the border just hits the ground and is not blended or smoothed. I understand you want to keep players in the center of the map, but the terrain going up (even if it is blended / smoothed) will naturally do that without it being a wall. The sludge pit I fell into while mock pvping someone, and I noticed it was almost completely square. Not everyone will notice that, but it definitely could detract from the map. The terrain looks decent, but almost too random. Had there been a few paths, or something to break the monotony of the ground it would have really helped. I understand that I may be very nit-picky about some things, especially on pvp maps. As I said though, I had a very tough time deciding on this one as there are many pros and cons which weigh against eachother. Im very sorry, but I am going to decline this map.

Status
Not open for further replies.