• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Declined Polluted Planet - Built By Team Technic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I think its a good start to the improvements, but more still needs to be done. The sludge river is nice, especially now that players can be knocked in. It adds an extra challenge to the map. The slabs also really smoothed the map out and made it feel more natural! EPICMATT88 also touched on a few points that I agree with after looking more closely at the map.
The toxic tubes look clunky and odd, in the updated version of the map; the small stack of smoke looks odd going up to the dome of it, and imo I would completely use a different block scheme for the ground and the hills. (I would make the ground brown colors and make the hills a dull gray) Because as of right now I think that is the biggest flaw of the map; the orange and black don't look that great together, it's a huge contrast in color and brightness.
I agree with pretty much everything said in that quote. The stone brick stairs contrast with the white clay and just add a clunky look to the tubes. The smoke dome is odd. The red theme almost reminds me of mars, which with the black border is a bit of a stark contrast.

joexxx6

Updated Screenshots:

2017-08-02_19.31.21.png
2017-08-02_19.31.28.png
2017-08-02_19.31.37.png
2017-08-02_19.31.41.png
2017-08-02_19.31.50.png
2017-08-02_19.32.04.png

Trenly

Admin
Admin
There have been improvements, but the border blends too much with the ground now, and the netherrack slabs seem out of place

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The border looks nice now, but still something seems odd about the map. I'm not exactly sure what it is.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
The border looks nice now, but still something seems odd about the map. I'm not exactly sure what it is.
It's the ground imo; I personally think u should change it to a mix of browns to give it an overall "dead" feel. The brown floor i think would look better when with the stone hills as well instead of the current situation.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I think it almost looks good enough imo. I'd add podzol to the brown mixture and maybe some actual stone to the hill but that's about it

pofoproud

Trusted Member
also i honestly don't see the need for anymore of these 1v1 pvp maps as they are easy to make and small and + this map is taking weeks to edit and its just a bad theme if it takes this long

note theres no bad themes people just badly execute them

joexxx6

also i honestly don't see the need for anymore of these 1v1 pvp maps as they are easy to make and small and + this map is taking weeks to edit and its just a bad theme if it takes this long

note theres no bad themes people just badly execute them

Sorry that I don't just work on one map 24/7, I have other stuff to do aswell you know.

joexxx6

i wasn't focusing on the time it takes u to make i was focusing on the amount of times you edit it

I edited it lots of times because I want it to be the best I can make it. Don't all map builders do that? There's no point ignoring all feedback from the community and just keeping it as it is, the map won't improve at all and your building skills won't develop.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
he can easily quit the map but he's deciding to keep going and making the changes and sometimes thats a bad thing
I don't see it as a bad thing at all. The whole point of updating a Forum thread over and over again is to hear what the community has to say if they never realised it before. It's better to show off the Map over and over again with a variety of small changes to see what the community thinks and say how to improve it instead of being quiet and guessing what the community might like the entire time. To me TheSpeedyTurtle_ is doing the right thing updating this Map after he's improved everything that everyone has said.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
I don't see it as a bad thing at all. The whole point of updating a Forum thread over and over again is to hear what the community has to say if they never realised it before. It's better to show off the Map over and over again with a variety of small changes to see what the community thinks and say how to improve it instead of being quiet and guessing what the community might like the entire time. To me TheSpeedyTurtle_ is doing the right thing updating this Map after he's improved everything that everyone has said.
I edited it lots of times because I want it to be the best I can make it. Don't all map builders do that? There's no point ignoring all feedback from the community and just keeping it as it is, the map won't improve at all and your building skills won't develop.
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 3.22.48 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.