• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour Valley Parkour - PoofyTheFern

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Name: Valley Parkour
Difficulty: Medium
Length: Short
Checkpoints: 0

I forgot to add a pole sorry! But just put how u like it in the comments :D

Last edited by a moderator:

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I just have 2 things against this Parkour:
1) It's not exactly a 'Valley' to me, so either the name or the Parkour itself needs changing.
2) On the invisible Parkour section, how can the players see the blocks if they're in /game mode 2?
Other than that I guess the Parkour is ok... but it wasn't what I expected it to be when I saw the name of it...

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A few things I think about this map:

The name needs to be changed, since it's not a valley although that is a minor detail.

Players would not be able to see the invisible blocks in the second section easily, and the white clay underneath looks out of place. Invisible parkour is beginning to be overused in my opinion, and is usually quite unnecessary. The exceptions to this include parkours which are meant to be invisible like the mirror parkour, and invisible parkour; or those which are meant to be extremely challenging or puzzling.

The ground is just flat and lacks detail. While it's nice to see a border around the (edge somewhat), the middle could use more dimension. Make it have areas where it goes up and down and isn't just flat. Also, all the edges are the same. I think it would look better if there were some variation.

The trees are all very similar, but more variation would be nice.

Everything just looks gray and brown. I would like to see more color, or more contrast in colors.

The slime houses seem a bit odd. It would be better if they were a bit larger and weren't all very similar.

Remove the nether portal in the corner, it doesn't fit the map.

ChildMusher69

I don't see how this resembles a valley.
"A low area between hills or mounts, typically with a river or stream flowing through it"
I think the name needs to be changed, but to what? That might be a problem.
Also, how are people supposed to see the barriers. Maybe put something like carpet or snow on top of it?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't see how this resembles a valley.
"A low area between hills or mounts, typically with a river or stream flowing through it"
I think the name needs to be changed, but to what? That might be a problem.
Also, how are people supposed to see the barriers. Maybe put something like carpet or snow on top of it?
The white clay on the ground

youngfloppa

Pretty much all the stuff I would have said is already said. If I were you, I would change the floor to have some shape, for me it looks a bit lazy.

very good:D i would play that, and i agree it needs more of a slope on the sides, but otherwise, i think it really good, and you can see barriers by the thin black outline around the block, you just have to look for it

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The walls son the sides of the map are way too short and stumpy. You have a lot of room around the outskirts of the map, why not make the mountain walls thicker and taller? The Botton of the map looks bad for multiply reasons.
1, it's completely flat - you should add terraforming! And 2, the blocks look kind of strange with each other. Yes, there is texture, but it seems to dull and grey imo.
The trees are okay. I like what you did with the glass panes, but they seem to repetitive. They're all about the same size and look bad together. A good tree pallet should have many variants in sizes.
And also, as I think others have already said, players won't be able to see the barriers when playing the map I'm pretty sure.
Sorry, but your map has been declined.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The walls son the sides of the map are way too short and stumpy. You have a lot of room around the outskirts of the map, why not make the mountain walls thicker and taller? The Botton of the map looks bad for multiply reasons.
1, it's completely flat - you should add terraforming! And 2, the blocks look kind of strange with each other. Yes, there is texture, but it seems to dull and grey imo.
The trees are okay. I like what you did with the glass panes, but they seem to repetitive. They're all about the same size and look bad together. A good tree pallet should have many variants in sizes.
And also, as I think others have already said, players won't be able to see the barriers when playing the map I'm pretty sure.
Sorry, but your map has been declined.
Goodness, its obvious. The white clay on the bottom showed where the barriers were.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Goodness, its obvious. The white clay on the bottom showed where the barriers were.
But...
but...
there's no white clay!
upload_2017-3-15_17-23-27.png
upload_2017-3-15_17-23-5.png

BlaqRoses

1) It's not exactly a 'Valley' to me, so either the name or the Parkour itself needs changing.
2) On the invisible Parkour section, how can the players see the blocks if they're in /game mode 2?
Other than that I guess the Parkour is ok... but it wasn't what I expected it to be when I saw the name of it...

same idea sam

Trenly

Admin
Admin

same idea sam
Look at the clay on the ground. It shows where the barriers are