• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Suggestion on new game

Om1210

I suggest making bedwars because it's such a popular game I'm sure a lot more players would join HHG. I know it's not an original idea but neither is the hunger games, or pvp.

Or parkour

Last edited by a moderator:

ParadoxTaco

Then do it
Okay. let me just say that logic is dumb. now that is out of the way, let me explain. What he meant by the fact multiple threads on this specific game mode have been suggested (almost all lacking any creative thought) and all have been turned down. This means they do not want to add the game mode for reasons. One being it is already on popular servers, so why compete in a race your gonna lose. Second, in order to make it even viable to be played, you would have to make it unique to the server. It doesn't matter if all current 40 players want it added (maybe that would work, but already a majority have agreed it shouldn't) if they cant add a viable reason as to why it should be added.

Om1210

1. Hunger games on many other servers

2. Pvp on many other servers

3. Parkour on many other servers

4. Bedwars on many other servers

Your point: we can't make bedwars because it's on other servers

My point: yes we can make bedwars because the Hunger games, Pvp and parkour are on HHG and they are Not creative new ideas. But bedwars is also not a new idea.. does it really matter who invented bedwars??? Just change it up a bit.

Just because Thomas Edison invented the light bulb doesn't mean you can't use it because you didn't invent it.

Last edited by a moderator:

justcharli

1. Hunger games on many other servers

2. Pvp on many other servers

3. Parkour on many other servers

4. Bedwars on many other servers

Your point: we can't make bedwars because it's on other servers

My point: yes we can make bedwars because the Hunger games, Pvp and parkour are on HHG and they are Not creative new ideas. But bedwars is also not a new idea.. does it really matter who invented bedwars??? Just change it up a bit.

Just because Thomas Edison invented the light bulb doesn't mean you can't use it because you didn't invent it.
1# HHG is a Hunger games themed server. so it has to have hunger games.
2# i don't get why people want bedwars on this server when it already is on many more though. it would be nice to have a new gamemode, but bedwars just seems odd.

joexxx6

Why not have bedwars?
If the Zainos doesn't want to add Bedwars and neither do the rest of the community then deal with it, it's not like if it's added anyone will play it anyway, the number of people regularly on the server has dropped dramatically and adding in Bedwars would just be a waste of everyone's time, yes even yours since you'll have to wait for a gamemode that as I said before will never be played. If you want to play Bedwars you're more than welcome to play on another server that has it.

Om1210

You just can't cope with having bedwars because it's such a popular game it will raise the popularity. And people on Hhg do want bedwars I can make a poll to prove it.

Om1210

Epicmatt you have a good point but they should make it anyways because it would be a huge success

Last edited:

cStella

Retired Staff
I don't think it's a bad idea.
It could possibly help keep the players that we do have left at HHG instead of everyone always going off to play Bedwars elsewhere.

joexxx6

Epicmatt you have a good point but they should make it anyways because it we would be a huge success
Dm me on Discord (Pandanem#8502), if you have it, a server that has done this and it actually helped boost their growth. If you can give me an example of a server and I agree that it has helped I might start to see your point.

Last edited:

ParadoxTaco

You just can't cope with having bedwars because it's such a popular game it will raise the popularity. And people on Hhg do want bedwars I can make a poll to prove it.
oh no, I cant deal with the fact the server might go above 30 players... You think the community doesn't want that? Moreover, you think the owner wouldn't want that? The thing about adding bedwars is that I could almost guarantee it would hardly raise popularity, if at all, for HHG. 1. Being that if people search up bedwars Minecraft servers, chances are they will see the more popular, and populated servers first. If someone is looking to play bedwars they are not going to join a 25 player server to do it. 2. Taking the time to 1st make the gamemode original, then also making entirely new maps for bedwars, which I doubt the build-team needs more on their to-do list. Honestly, I would go on but I feel like the point has already been made. Despite numerous people providing evidence that adding bedwars would provide little to no gain for HHG, and might cause it some harm by redirecting building and coding efforts. Meanwhile, you add nothing in argument to support your claim. From what I can tell the reason you think bedwars should be added is: it will increases popularity (Doubt), I think you should, and \/
they should make it anyways because it would be a huge success

Chickenrage249

PVP, Hunger Games and Parkour are small games that will always draw people to a server, they have always been one of the top 3 gamemodes of servers. They’re small, and pretty quick. BW is too complicated, I can’t even imagine the programming involved. Also Bedwars is a much longer game - possibly lasting an hour, what are the problems with that you say? Some people don’t have enough time so they’ll end up leaving halfway through. It can get really boring and that’s where the possible 1 hour time comes up - everyone just camps until the game ends itself. People don’t generally want a game that can be super boring, and last a possible hour. Now here’s an example of a game that is long but I enjoy very much; The Walls/ or Bridges. Why? Kits are involved! (You don’t add kits to Bedwars, that never happens). They are quite fast-paced and intense gamemodes, y’know, who’ll get the good loot first in the mid, where is the good loot in the quadrants? Of course over time you get used to the maps - so that’s why more need to be made! (Same goes for BW). But at least with walls/bridges there isn’t that much programming (or at least, not as much as Bedwars). Walls and bridges combined are dying gamemodes - if they can be brought back with possibly a little twist, it will draw players over.

My point here is, a popular gamemode doesn’t neccesarily make a server better or draw more attention. We need something more unique, something good, entertaining, different, something no other server has, to draw players over. Even like I said before, revive a dead gamemode using a little twist, could bring us more attention. (And I think the server is also less popular because of our... strange community (not pointing fingers))

So I hope you understood what I meant, and this tells you why Bedwars may not be the best idea for the server.

justcharli

oh no, I cant deal with the fact the server might go above 30 players... You think the community doesn't want that? Moreover, you think the owner wouldn't want that? The thing about adding bedwars is that I could almost guarantee it would hardly raise popularity, if at all, for HHG. 1. Being that if people search up bedwars Minecraft servers, chances are they will see the more popular, and populated servers first. If someone is looking to play bedwars they are not going to join a 25 player server to do it. 2. Taking the time to 1st make the gamemode original, then also making entirely new maps for bedwars, which I doubt the build-team needs more on their to-do list. Honestly, I would go on but I feel like the point has already been made. Despite numerous people providing evidence that adding bedwars would provide little to no gain for HHG, and might cause it some harm by redirecting building and coding efforts. Meanwhile, you add nothing in argument to support your claim. From what I can tell the reason you think bedwars should be added is: it will increases popularity (Doubt), I think you should, and \/
if we do get bedwars, it will be a long long time though. we have been waiting on factions for what? 5 years? and they are still working on it. so i imagine it will be a long long time before we get bedwars.