• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars Space

Should this map be edited?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Yes, but with changes (Please post in comments)

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

Tesel

Ral5Fv5.png

PaL35SF.png

g36RTL9.png

pTCUFaO.png

JVHRQKH.png
0xXUBN2.png
aMHG89W.png
flbzVf3.png
keHWbND.png
AHMU8jo.png
anyMoIU.png

NyLJJk2.png
AEHOPBa.png
AlwVAnA.png
anyMoIU.png
XbGEZ8P.png

I designed this with the idea of alien spaceships, please let me know how it looks and what I should change or edit!

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Although they do look like cartoon styled alien ships, I think a map with the title "space" should have like planets and such. It's a good idea though and i don't want you to scrap it completely. I just think it would be better if the spawn islands were planets and there was spaceships before mid. Then the middle island could be changed also (could be changed to the sun); because the current mid is kinda boring.

PenguinPeople

Alternitevely you could leave it as is and move the rings a bit closer to the center and you'd have a pretty good sccb map

Tesel

Or just change the title? Like spaceships? I agree with you, there's certainly room for a space themed map with different design in the server and perhaps the planet theme would be a good one for a new build.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Or just change the title? Like spaceships? I agree with you, there's certainly room for a space themed map with different design in the server and perhaps the planet theme would be a good one for a new build.
Yeah that world work too, but I'd still do something different with the middle island; it's a bit bland.

Tesel

I'll try a couple things - maybe I'll put an asteroid crashed into mid, that might work to spice it up a bit. I personally like that the middle island especially looks rather extraterrestrial in texture and appearance, but it's a bit bland I agree.
Also, for the small islands, should I change them to the black colored texture? Does that look better?

youngfloppa

EPICMATT88 has covered most of what I think about this map. I suggest adding some more detail to middle, something green would look good, maybe some sort of vortex. You may even want to lift the middle up a little, give it a higher range. This could be a good map if you just change a few things.

Tesel

I was thinking the exact same thing about the green, that was in my original plan but I had removed it for whatever reason! I think what I'm going to do is make a bright green asteroid crashed into the middle island. That should make the appearance better.

Tesel

ggjVUms.png

SmEtUbY.png

BnOO0v3.png

I3uJAbz.png

xRhUkC5.png

DL8rnRu.png

That's a little more exciting don't you think?
A little pizzazz, some green, and an updated shape with a larger middle.

Also, I improved the color scheme of the side islands and moved them down 3 blocks, for a different feel.

Last edited:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Also, I improved the color scheme of the side islands and moved them down 3 blocks, for a different feel.
What blocks are used in the spawn islands? It's hard to tell in your texture pack.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
What blocks are used in the spawn islands? It's hard to tell in your texture pack.
There isnt a texture pack on it? Edit: the first pictures have no texture pack, the later ones do

It looks like wool, polished andesite, and polished diorite

Tesel

Ugh - rookie mistake on my part. I did use a texture pack by accident the second time around after I made the edits.

Spawn islands use a mix of light gray wool, polished andesite, polished diorite, and iron bars to get a more techy texture. Small islands now use I believe gray wool, stone bricks, and cyan clay. The middle uses primarily black wool, coal blocks, and obsidian.

Edit: Should I upload more pics in default or upload the map itself if you want to check it out?

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
I'd prefer player islands less flat, maybe add more 3d on the bottoms of the island.

What's the block length from player to spawn?
Also between island to island? Tesel

Tesel

I can add some more 3D to make the ships seem more realistic, and I'll count out the distance between islands. Off the top of my head I think it's about 8 blocks between islands and 16-24 from islands to mid.

Tesel

You're right - I might have to bump it out a couple blocks since the diagonals look a little close. It's about as close, a little farther, as the islands in Garden Grove which I've found to have a good play speed.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
You're right - I might have to bump it out a couple blocks since the diagonals look a little close. It's about as close, a little farther, as the islands in Garden Grove which I've found to have a good play speed.

I'd prefer 8 blocks between islands as most games don't have jump boost. I think the distance island Grove has between islands is the perfect distance.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The map seems fairly simple, but I think that works with the theme you're trying to portray. You've got a good use of texture and I like the tone you've set with the grey colours, and how the green stands out quite a lot in the middle.
I would of liked to see some extra islands for some more battleground, as we are definitely trying to stray away from the 'spawn islands and a middle only' kind of maps. They are very boring and there is usually a lot of void in the middle, and just building out to a different island isn't really what skywars is about. (You're map has extra islands, and I'm not saying your map suffers badly form this, I just thought I'd put it out there.)
Congratulations, you're map has been accepted!
Are you able to pm me a download link?