• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Parkour Parkour Ranks

Should this be added?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Kind of like in Kit PvP, where the more experience you get, you rank up.
But in Parkour it could be the more Parkours you complete, you rank up.
Kits could be: (In no order)
Ninja
Pro
Master
God
Players can rank up by completing 3 or 5 Parkours, and in order to get the highest possible rank, you will HAVE to complete every single Parkour. This will also encourage more people to buy Happy HG Ranks to get higher ranks on Parkour. Hopefully this idea does well, thanks for reading. =)

MeltWood

I like parkour the way it is, where you simply hover over somebody's name to see how many parkours they've completed.

You can do that? I didn't even know that was a thing, that's cool.

As for the suggestion, I don't feel like parkour is a game that needs a ranking system. Also, if you were implying that people could pay money for extra ranks in parkour, that's just... no. There are enough pay-to-win areas on the server *cough*kitpvp*cough*.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
You can do that? I didn't even know that was a thing, that's cool.

As for the suggestion, I don't feel like parkour is a game that needs a ranking system. Also, if you were implying that people could pay money for extra ranks in parkour, that's just... no. There are enough pay-to-win areas on the server *cough*kitpvp*cough*.

You Have A poor understanding of Pay2Win

Pay2Win means that Donors Would have 100% Advantage in beating players that don't have access to that sort of equipment.
There is no server on HHG that is pay2win, because no Kit or item gives a Paid player 100% Advantage over non-donors.
Donors Die All The Time on servers like Kitpvp, Hitman, and Skywars. Kit's only boost players slightly, because Minecraft is a game of skill, strategy, and Timing, There are many non-donor players on leaderboards.

I think pressing the small up arrow besides where it says "(User) said: " takes you to where the quote was from :)

MeltWood

I think pressing the small up arrow besides where it says "(User) said: " takes you to where the quote was from :)

Although this is getting off topic, I feel like you and Storm have both got it wrong. Pay to win does not mean that the players with a wallet get 100% advantage over non-paying players (win every time) like the phrase would imply. That would just be a bad business decision, nobody would play that game.

I stand by what I said. Pay to win means very simply that paying money results in an advantage, however slight, over other players who aren't willing to toss some cash. Just because a non-donor can beat a player with the Link kit, doesn't mean it won't be very, very difficult, if not outright unfair.

Even Skywars has kits that you can pay to get access to, and I think most would agree that starting with something (like enderpearls) on Skywars is advantageous to starting with nothing as most do.

Addressing the argument that non-donor players can technically get access to all the kits that paying players do (through grinding hundreds of hours of gameplay), I would remind everyone that this only exists to justify a system of paying for those coins. It disguises paying for a clear advantage as paying for less time commitment (mostly applies to KitPvP).

I don't think it totally ruins the gameplay, I still love playing PvP and Skywars because there's always that skill and outplay factor. The fact remains that players can pay to get an advantage over other players, and this is something I dislike.

Sincerely,
A Non-Pay2Win Player

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Kind of like in Kit PvP, where the more experience you get, you rank up.
But in Parkour it could be the more Parkours you complete, you rank up.
Kits could be: (In no order)
Ninja
Pro
Master
God
Players can rank up by completing 3 or 5 Parkours, and in order to get the highest possible rank, you will HAVE to complete every single Parkour. This will also encourage more people to buy Happy HG Ranks to get higher ranks on Parkour. Hopefully this idea does well, thanks for reading. =)
This has been suggested.. I like the idea though .-.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I would like it but don't plagiarize Sam. Another server already uses that type of rank system for parkour.
That's why I only suggested a couple of the ranks. It could easily be changed for different rank names and abilities.

youngfloppa

To be honest, I don't like the pay2win. I've spent ages trying to complete the 25 parkours I've done, mockingjays can just complete all the parkours without trying as hard. I'm planning on getting mockingjay so I can unlock more parkours but now if I do that people might think I have not done them legit. I know lots of mockingjays have done there parkours legit like Sam, for that reason I voted yes.