• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Zelistra

Trusted Member
What if you can report players in game? I'm not sure, but maybe it can be like, someone presses a key while playing on the server, and they put in the player name and reason just like reporting someone here on forums

So I was just looking through my screenshots, and literally 1/3 of them are players breaking rules. It's because sometimes I'm just playing and someone breaks a rule, so I take a screenshot and forget to report it, I don't know if anyone else forgets it but I do.. I hate saying "brb" when playing with other people because well lots of reasons. Also some people can't make forum accounts so yeah

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
There isn't anyway to put screenshots then, because you'd then have to put a link to the image or video so you'd have to upload the image/video to yt or imgur anyway. If you figure that out then sure.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
/staff
Click on one of their names
Message them: "{Player} is {Offense} in {Server}"

Example:
/msg Suuits Trenly is spamming in creative
/msg CanadianTheCat Joni696 is hacking in parkour
/msg _Smokescreen_ TheMightyBrennen is using anti-knockback in pvp

Zelistra

Trusted Member
/staff
Click on one of their names
Message them: "{Player} is {Offense} in {Server}"

Example:
/msg Suuits Trenly is spamming in creative
/msg CanadianTheCat Joni696 is hacking in parkour
/msg _Smokescreen_ TheMightyBrennen is using anti-knockback in pvp
Usually staff aren't online when I'm online

PenguinPeople

The problem with this is that it will be abused, especially by the pvp community. Assuming that there is staff online, they will be flooded with fake reports of people hacking or breaking rules by people who are upset they lost. That is why the forum system works well. If you know someone is cheating and you have actuall proof, you can just post it on the forum. The simplicity of doing it in game without proof will drastically increase the rate of false accusations.

Zelistra

Trusted Member
The problem with this is that it will be abused, especially by the pvp community. Assuming that there is staff online, they will be flooded with fake reports of people hacking or breaking rules by people who are upset they lost. That is why the forum system works well. If you know someone is cheating and you have actuall proof, you can just post it on the forum. The simplicity of doing it in game without proof will drastically increase the rate of false accusations.
What I'm saying is that you press a key and it takes a screenshot, and well somehow the system sends the screenshot along with the username and reason to a staff or something, idk it might be very hard

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I've seen quite a few hackers on at times when no Staff is on, I can't make a report because my laptop is so bad I can't get a screen recorder for it, and screenshots aren't that good when reporting players as you don't know for example: if someone hits someone off the edge in SkyWars, you can take a screenshot of them and report them for flying.

iwasakoala

I've seen quite a few hackers on at times when no Staff is on, I can't make a report because my laptop is so bad I can't get a screen recorder for it, and screenshots aren't that good when reporting players as you don't know for example: if someone hits someone off the edge in SkyWars, you can take a screenshot of them and report them for flying.
This could be the only downside, but adding onto your point if someone falsely reports a person if they don't like them or something then if the staff find that out that it was false i think they should get banned for 1 day 2 days ect.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
Screenshots for hackers don't work. We need to have evidence and it has to be obvious as well. The problem with this suggestion (Zainos correct me if I am wrong as you do coding) I don't think you can report people ig with a picture unless you uploaded it to imgur and put the link in but then that kinda defeats the purpose anyway. With videos it's always gonna have to be videos.

PenguinPeople

Screenshots for hackers don't work. We need to have evidence and it has to be obvious as well.
That is one of the major problems of the server, hackers are only banned by staff if it is super obvious (ie fly or anti kb). I'm not saying it is the staffs fault, they are just spread too thin or not on at all. The only high up staff member I have seen come into a game and observe a report is Smokescreen. I think if we slightly increase the number of staff (or have the current staff periodically check all parts of the server) we will cut down on the hacker problem as well as the chat rule breaking.