• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

How do i report on players? (in-game)

jimraynor24

I really need help on this,because a guy named brickguy0709 he keeps swearing and spamming in private chat,help me with this issue,because i really need to report this guy,since its against the rules.

Omnisent

Trusted Member
You can't report people in game, but here's what you can do:
Take a screenshot of him swearing/spamming in chat. (f2, but if you're on a laptop fn+f2)
Go to forums and click "Player Report."
Start a thread named "(Person's name) - (Swearing, spamming, etc.)
Put their IGN in the thread, what they are doing wrong, and provide the screenshot.
If you don't know how to provide a screenshot, do this:
WINDOWS 7:
Press start, and type in "%appdata%
Double click .minecraft
Double click screenshots
Find the screenshot of the guy swearing, and drag it into the forums box.
WINDOWS 8:
It's the exact same thing except when you press start it'll open a page thing, and you put %appdata% in the search box.

sunshinebabyy

I really need help on this,because a guy named brickguy0709 he keeps swearing and spamming in private chat,help me with this issue,because i really need to report this guy,since its against the rules.

The closest thing to reporting a player is doing /staff and telling a staff member what they are doing.

MissDark

Retired Staff
As Omnisent said, you cannot report players in game.
Take a screenshot of the player spamming/swearing. If you use a Mac, here's how you can access your screenshots.
Hold down Command, shift, then press g. In the little window that pops up, type in "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots". A folder should pop up, containing all your screenshots. Locate the screenshots you took. Then, go to the forums, and find the topic labelled "Player Reports". From there, you should create a report using the proper format, which is:

In Game Name: (Player you're reporting)
Reason: (Why you are reporting them, i.e: Spamming, Excessive Swearing, Hacking, etc.)
Proof: (Photo and/or Video Evidence of them breaking rules.)

For proof, you can click "Upload File" and upload the screenshots there, or you can upload them to an online photo sharing community, (such as Imgur, Print Screen, or Gyazo.). Copy the link to the photo, then go back to your report. Look at the Toolbar. Where it says "B, I, U," , etc? Find the button that looks like a little picture, next to the smiley face. Click that, and paste your link in. And your screenshot should be there.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me here on the forums and I would be glad to provide additional help.

Good luck!

Omnisent

Trusted Member
Take a screenshot of the player spamming/swearing. If you use a Mac, here's how you can access your screenshots.
Hold down Command, shift, then press g. In the little window that pops up, type in "~/Library/Application Support/minecraft/screenshots". A folder should pop up, containing all your screenshots. Locate the screenshots you took. Then, go to the forums, and find the topic labelled "Player Reports". From there, you should create a report using the proper format, which is:

Reason: (Why you are reporting them, i.e: Spamming, Excessive Swearing, Hacking, etc.)

For proof, you can click "Upload File" and upload the screenshots there, or you can upload them to an online photo sharing community, (such as Imgur, Print Screen, or Gyazo.). Copy the link to the photo, then go back to your report. Look at the Toolbar. Where it says "B, I, U," , etc? Find the button that looks like a little picture, next to the smiley face. Click that, and paste your link in. And your screenshot should be there.

If you have any questions feel free to pm me here on the forums and I would be glad to provide additional help.

Good luck!
Thanks for prettying up what I said

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
The closest thing to reporting a player is doing /staff and telling a staff member what they are doing.
Please do not give false information!

Good luck!
http://happy-hg.com/forum/threads/how-to-report-players.6131/
http://happy-hg.com/forum/threads/how-to-take-screenshots-for-reports.6007/