• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Handeril

Name: Emerald Parkour

Difficulty: Insane/Extreme

Length: Long

Checkpoints: 9

The parkour has 2 endings, in the final part, known as the "Elite 10", completing 5 jumps of it will get the "Normal" Victory, while completing all 10 will get the "Special" Victory.

The parkour's theme is reminiscent of the old "Rise of the Butter King" parkour, but not as long, and still very difficult. The parkour is on my 1st, 2nd, and 3rd plots if you dare to try it for yourself!

The gold, diamond, glowstone, and redstone parts are for reference, and I would like them removed in the event of the map being added. (This also goes for the holes in the walls that are meant for testers to enter the course easily)

[Original Post changed to show updated pictures, and updated information.]

Attachments

• 2016-10-23_13.12.21.png
    2016-10-23_13.12.21.png
    727.8 KB · Views: 330
  • 2016-10-23_13.12.32.png
    2016-10-23_13.12.32.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 328
  • 2016-10-23_13.12.44.png
    2016-10-23_13.12.44.png
    1 MB · Views: 336
  • 2016-10-23_13.12.57.png
    2016-10-23_13.12.57.png
    888.5 KB · Views: 340
  • 2016-10-23_13.13.04.png
    2016-10-23_13.13.04.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 343
  • 2016-10-23_13.13.11.png
    2016-10-23_13.13.11.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 327
  • 2016-10-23_13.13.36.png
    2016-10-23_13.13.36.png
    979.9 KB · Views: 297
  • 2016-10-23_13.13.43.png
    2016-10-23_13.13.43.png
    1 MB · Views: 321
  • 2016-10-23_13.13.51.png
    2016-10-23_13.13.51.png
    901.3 KB · Views: 313
  • 2016-10-23_13.14.01.png
    2016-10-23_13.14.01.png
    817.4 KB · Views: 334
  • 2016-10-23_13.14.11.png
    2016-10-23_13.14.11.png
    837 KB · Views: 344
  • 2016-10-23_13.14.22.png
    2016-10-23_13.14.22.png
    613.5 KB · Views: 304
  • 2016-10-23_13.17.30.png
    2016-10-23_13.17.30.png
    885.9 KB · Views: 307
  • 2016-10-23_13.17.46.png
    2016-10-23_13.17.46.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
  • 2016-10-23_13.17.57.png
    2016-10-23_13.17.57.png
    1,008 KB · Views: 349
  • 2016-10-23_13.18.23.png
    2016-10-23_13.18.23.png
    334 KB · Views: 340
  • 2016-10-23_13.18.36.png
    2016-10-23_13.18.36.png
    264.9 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Handeril , while this may have been considered a good parkour before you were. . . Removed, it certainly does not make the grade now.

First, there is only one material. Having a variety of materials that work well together is what makes a map stand out from all those "creative plot" parkours.

Second, its just a parkour going up your plot. There is very little creativity there, and it does not allow for the level of detail that is essential to a good map. If you look at the parkours, 90% of them are not just a parkour inside flat walls. Most of them have a detailed layout to the walls or they have scenery instead.

Third, it is a really bad idea. Go onto parkour and look at some of the parkours we have. "Frozen Valley" "Enchanted forest" "Calendar" "City" "Midieval" etc. None of them are based off of a single block, with the exception of tise of the budder king, but that has a back story and has been on the server for ages. An "Emerald" parkour just isnt a good build theme.

I know I don't have the final say, but I am sure that iiJam would agree with me and say that this map will be declined.

Handeril

Trenly, the Emerald Parkour is going after the Budder Parkour's idea. The backstory is that this is a newer version of the Emerald Parkour that was never added. Zainos planned to add it back in the day, and never did. This isn't the only Emerald Parkour I've built for HHGN either...

The Budder Parkour used to be only available to VIPs, and there was a Diamond one too (I think).

[If there wasn't, then I remember seeing the portal frame for it in the old VIP World back in 2014]

The base of it is, it's meant to be my own, newer version of a planned, but never added parkour.

[I even found the original thread for the old parkour too!]

Last edited:

Handeril

It's theme may be "flawed" to some, but once again, it does go along the same idea as "Rise of the Budder King" and has a backstory too...

[Not this particular build, but the idea does have a backstory]

I wasn't set out to make a grand, fancy, parkour... I was set out to re-create what I made a long time ago and improve on it. Yes, it's basic in design, but the theme has been around for ages, and I've submitted more than one version for review in the past...

Handeril

[Apologies for double posting]
I'm aware of the other themes present in the parkour server, and their aesthetic superiority. The fact is, the parkour would already exist had Zainos added it back in the day, and I would just be well... updating it.

If I was focused on the aesthetics of the parkour, then it wouldn't be the way it is. (Basically)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
[Apologies for double posting]
I'm aware of the other themes present in the parkour server, and their aesthetic superiority. The fact is, the parkour would already exist had Zainos added it back in the day, and I would just be well... updating it.

If I was focused on the aesthetics of the parkour, then it wouldn't be the way it is. (Basically)
The fact is, it wont be accepted. Regardless of if Zainos had intended to add a similar one long ago. Things have changed Handeril. This map is not good enough to be on the server

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Handeril , while this may have been considered a good parkour before you were. . . Removed, it certainly does not make the grade now.

First, there is only one material. Having a variety of materials that work well together is what makes a map stand out from all those "creative plot" parkours.

Second, its just a parkour going up your plot. There is very little creativity there, and it does not allow for the level of detail that is essential to a good map. If you look at the parkours, 90% of them are not just a parkour inside flat walls. Most of them have a detailed layout to the walls or they have scenery instead.

Third, it is a really bad idea. Go onto parkour and look at some of the parkours we have. "Frozen Valley" "Enchanted forest" "Calendar" "City" "Midieval" etc. None of them are based off of a single block, with the exception of tise of the budder king, but that has a back story and has been on the server for ages. An "Emerald" parkour just isnt a good build theme.

I know I don't have the final say, but I am sure that iiJam would agree with me and say that this map will be declined.
Trenly covered most of the things I would of pointed out.
The walls have no depth. They're extremely monotone with pretty much one texture.
Be creative with parkours! Like Trenly said, look at maps like nature, enchanted forest, even the dungeons. They're unique and creative!
I wouldn't mind a sequel to butter parkour. Maybe not the last checkpoint, but all in all, butter is a fairly easy and fun map! But just because butter parkour is in a square box and just has parkour going up it, doesn't mean the sequel needs to be like that. Sequels are meant to improve on the previous instalment. Keep in mind, butter parkour is s very old map. One of the originals by Zainos.
This is just no where near the standards we have for HHG nowerdays.
Trenly pretty much covered everything else.
With all due respect, this map is very bad.
Sorry, but it has been declined.

me32305

This took you 6 hours to build? I could build this in 30 minutes.

NOTE - What i'm trying to say is it's ****.

Last edited:

Handeril

It's not a complete copy of the gold map, and I have decided to pour more time into this project. I'm sure the next update I post on this parkour will be a complete 180 from this. The actually parkour construct will remain the same, but the aesthetics will be far from the same.

me32305

Well those comments were certainly... subtle and supportive. I agree with everyone else, however I do not support people like me32305 using profanity to express their opinion.

I give criticism when criticism is deserved. What did you want me to say? I respect the fact that the guy tried to make a map. He posted it to get criticism on whether it was good or not. I'm sure that the next map he posts will be 10x better. He accepted the criticism and is going to make a better map.

ChildMusher69

I give criticism when criticism is deserved. What did you want me to say? I respect the fact that the guy tried to make a map. He posted it to get criticism on whether it was good or not. I'm sure that the next map he posts will be 10x better. He accepted the criticism and is going to make a better map.
Still tho, I reported you for profanity. Your trash talk will be gone for a while.

IAreDeath

It is good but like the builders said, be creative with it! Use patterns or something... just saying

Handeril

Well those comments were certainly... subtle and supportive. I agree with everyone else, however I do not support people like me32305 using profanity to express their opinion.

Yeah... I think I know what you mean there, and I agree.

I kinda took the criticism like someone takes a slap to their own face... I know it didn't look very good at first, but the best words to describe the parkour beforehand were unfinished and/or basic... Nonetheless, a map being "10x better" would be subjective to the viewer, I actually poured more time into the project, and I will be posting pictures of it's current status shortly. I would appreciate if the comments regarding the current status remain constructive, don't insult my work, please, try to focus on how I can make it better if it's still "bad".

[EDIT] Original post updated to show current status.

Last edited:

Tuut

Trusted Member
Yeah... I think I know what you mean there, and I agree.

I kinda took the criticism like someone takes a slap to their own face... I know it didn't look very good at first, but the best words to describe the parkour beforehand were unfinished and/or basic... Nonetheless, a map being "10x better" would be subjective to the viewer, I actually poured more time into the project, and I will be posting pictures of it's current status shortly. I would appreciate if the comments regarding the current status remain constructive, don't insult my work, please, try to focus on how I can make it better if it's still "bad".

[EDIT] Original post updated to show current status.
It's hard not to insult your work when it seems you can't take criticism. I concur with jam and trenly about everything they said. The building standards have evolved I guess since you were last playing.

ChildMusher69

It's hard not to insult your work when it seems you can't take criticism. I concur with jam and trenly about everything they said. The building standards have evolved I guess since you were last playing.
Tuut, I agree, but it is not ok to use profanity on the forums, like me32305 did.

ChildMusher69

I like the parkour more now, but I think that the darkness and the trees and leaves give it more of a foresty look than an emerald look. I would suggest lighting up the room, and make trees, except the stem is emerald, and the leaves are stained glass. Sort of like this.
Screen shot 2016-10-23 at 6.59.38 PM.jpg

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I've tried the Emerald Parkour and I've got to say that I did enjoy it at first, but somewhere around halfway up the second tower, it got boring very quickly.
There are also 2 parts I counted that are actually impossible, so make sure to go through the entire Parkour and correct any impossible jumps. (If you can't make the jumps that you're going to build, don't build them).
Hope that helps. :)

Handeril

I have tested and re-tested the entire parkour, if you could kindly point out the impossible jumps, it would help.