• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mob Arena Castle Mob Arena

Should this be added?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • No because...

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

ChildMusher69

I made a Mob Arena map, that looks like a castle. It's on my fifteenth plot.

The walls are the spectating area, I put barriers on them to keep people from escaping.

The middle of the castle is the battling area.

Note: On the broken bridge, with the dispensers, it is impossible to jump to the other side. I put barriers there.

In the waiting lobby, I have all of the kits, as well as a parkour.
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.16.25 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.16.35 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.16.44 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.16.50 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.00 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.03 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.15 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.18 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.38 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.17.46 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 7.15.09 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.16.19 PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.21.11 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2016-05-30 at 6.21.11 PM.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 216

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I like the idea of the map, ALTHOUGH there definitely are some cons..

-The map is wayy 2 small! Swarm = Instant death
-Im not a fan of pk in the arena or all the other dispenser stuff that was added
-I dont like the birch fences.. doesnt go along with the other block types
-I like how you added a variety of stone bricks, although in some parts of the map, there is non and it looks too world edited.. try doing it by hand next time
-Many camping spots! If someone were to hide in the top part with archer, its instant win
-Due to many ma glitches, you can very easily escape the map

Nootch

Trusted Member
I feel like the main floor is too flat..if that makes sense. It just looks weird to me
It's too small, I feel like things would be really crowded as said above
I think it still needs more detail
The *fountain* probably could be a little bigger, it just looks kind of odd to me since it's so small

Just some things I think you could work on that really stood out to me

Last edited:

ChildMusher69

I feel like the main floor is too flat..if that makes sense. It just looks weird to me
It's too small, I feel like things would be really crowded as said above
I think it still needs more detail
The waterfall probably could be a little bigger, it just looks kind of odd to me since it's so small

Just some things I think you could work on that really stood out to me
1. It is a castle, it should be flat.
2. You can run up the bridge.
3. I will add more detail.
4. It is not a waterfall, it's a fountain.

ChildMusher69

I like the idea of the map, ALTHOUGH there definitely are some cons..

-The map is wayy 2 small! Swarm = Instant death
-Im not a fan of pk in the arena or all the other dispenser stuff that was added
-I dont like the birch fences.. doesnt go along with the other block types
-I like how you added a variety of stone bricks, although in some parts of the map, there is non and it looks too world edited.. try doing it by hand next time
-Many camping spots! If someone were to hide in the top part with archer, its instant win
-Due to many ma glitches, you can very easily escape the map
1. You can run up the ramp.
2. Good for you.
3. I'll change that.
4. I will change that
5. There is only one camping spot, and the mobs could get up there.
6. You cannot escape the map because of the barriers, but a ceiling could be added.

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
1. You can run up the ramp.
2. Good for you.
3. I'll change that.
4. I will change that
5. There is only one camping spot, and the mobs could get up there.
6. You cannot escape the map because of the barriers, but a ceiling could be added.
when i said "im not a fan," i meant the map probably isnt getting accepted with parkour and dispensers

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Small,undetailed.

I think it also needs to be on a single level which means no parkour. The spectators however, can stay on the bridge.

The fountain is plain, the lava is bleh, seems very square. . .

I could go on, but I don't feel that it is necessary

OLL_97

There is very little depth to your structure at all, just one layer walls. Add some layers and details in there to make it pop!
On top of this it's a generic castle design, nothing anybody hasn't seen before. It therefore offers very little variation from our other maps. If I were to be brutally honest with you, I'd start over completely with a fresh design and mindset. Just try to utilise the space as much as possible, this isn't a large enough playing area for mobarena that's for sure. :)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
First of all, this arena is way too small.
The walls have no depth. I like that you have used variants of stone brick, but that doesn't really cut if. The stone bricks are a good block, and complement each other, but they are the exact same colour, with some mossy green in there. Even adding blocks like smooth stone, cobblestone and andersite would give the walls a bit more texture.
And as I said before, the walls are the exact same colour. You need some other blocks to contrast it. Take the new Skywars Lobby for example. we went through a few design phases, and at the start of the build I really didn't like the look of the castle. Once we added the spruce pillars, it added a new colour to work with. And added depth to the build. Huge flat walls aren't good. See where I'm coming from? You need something like spruce, or cyan stained clay to make the build less bland, and of course add depth.
And inside the castle, there just isn't much going on. I don't mind the little water feature. But even the floor, also like in the New Skywars lobby, the inside of the castle's floor has different blocks again, to give the build more colour.
And the detail itself is a bit poor.
So I'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
First of all, this arena is way too small.
The walls have no depth. I like that you have used variants of stone brick, but that doesn't really cut if. The stone bricks are a good block, and complement each other, but they are the exact same colour, with some mossy green in there. Even adding blocks like smooth stone, cobblestone and andersite would give the walls a bit more texture.
And as I said before, the walls are the exact same colour. You need some other blocks to contrast it. Take the new Skywars Lobby for example. we went through a few design phases, and at the start of the build I really didn't like the look of the castle. Once we added the spruce pillars, it added a new colour to work with. And added depth to the build. Huge flat walls aren't good. See where I'm coming from? You need something like spruce, or cyan stained clay to make the build less bland, and of course add depth.
And inside the castle, there just isn't much going on. I don't mind the little water feature. But even the floor, also like in the New Skywars lobby, the inside of the castle's floor has different blocks again, to give the build more colour.
And the detail itself is a bit poor.
So I'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.
totally agreed.. pretty much everything u said was stated in the comments above, but in 1 big comment :D

Trenly

Admin
Admin
totally agreed.. pretty much everything u said was stated in the comments above, but in 1 big comment :D
You don't have to repeat everything he says. Tbh, its kinda tryhard. (And you were doing so well. Don't go back to the old you)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
i like the idea of the map and like the upper part of the ledges but the lack of dealil and the fountain is a little poor detailed but i like the idea of the bridge and the way the specs can move more freely and that is what i most hated about ma is that the specs on surtian maps have a bad view and that type of thing but all in all it is not the worst