• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Rant about 1.9 and PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTea

Retired Staff
Okay, I agree. Updating to 1.9 might cause many of the experience PvPers to quit HHG.
However...
I would also like to point out that NOT updating to 1.9 would cause many people the quit HHG as well, because no one really likes to play on a server that is too far behind. As MC started moving on, if HHG stayed on 1.8.x, the player amount would drop because people wouldn't want to switch to 1.8.x every time they wanted to play on HHG.

Many popular servers are still on 1.7... I'm not going to name it but it rhymes with charcon. Also TriPixel. And now they are deciding whether to make it 1.8 or stay on 1.7

ImTea

Retired Staff
tbh just thinking about all of the people who have put their time into writing really long debates to this
Because we like the server and don't want it to change what it is doing. Rather than changing the way people pvp, make the pvp we have now better, because it is what a lot of people like. People still like 1.7 pvp better. As the updates go it is getting worse for Minecraft pvping. Pvp used to be my favorite thing even though I was HORRIBLE. I played religiously on pvp servers for a good 2 years, then stopped. Once the 1.8 update came out I decided to start pvping again. It was quite different from 1.6 and 1.7. But it wasn't like I couldn't even jitter. I started pvping again and remembered an old server I used to play on called Happy Hunger Games. I played got on ad started pvping. I've met some of my greatest friends on this server, and I not willing to let go of that because of a single update that "ruined" pvp.

MistTheSnitch

Trusted Member
Because we like the server and don't want it to change what it is doing. Rather than changing the way people pvp, make the pvp we have now better, because it is what a lot of people like. People still like 1.7 pvp better. As the updates go it is getting worse for Minecraft pvping. Pvp used to be my favorite thing even though I was HORRIBLE. I played religiously on pvp servers for a good 2 years, then stopped. Once the 1.8 update came out I decided to start pvping again. It was quite different from 1.6 and 1.7. But it wasn't like I couldn't even jitter. I started pvping again and remembered an old server I used to play on called Happy Hunger Games. I played got on ad started pvping. I've met some of my greatest friends on this server, and I not willing to let go of that because of a single update that "ruined" pvp.
I like the server too, and I wasn't criticizing any perspective. I honestly think that the server should stick to the 1.8 PvP as well.

ImTea

Retired Staff
I like the server too, and I wasn't criticizing any perspective. I honestly think that the server should stick to the 1.8 PvP as well.
Yeah I wasn't mad at you. I was just saying the reason why so many people are making big long rants about the pvp :3

Unitus

Retired Staff
I'm so happy I got banned, or I would have to quit after finding out Happy HG is updating to 1.9.
This is in no way going to help the server. I believe the server will lose half, or more of the players (maybe not, they might stay for like creative) Overall the server is going to die down.
You are wrong.

First HHG will be playable on 1.8 and 1.9

Second the biggest community on HHG is not the PvP one, believe it or not

In fact many people were saying that they would leave the server if 1.9 wasn't added (mostly non-pvpers) but they are the biggest community on HHG

ImTea

Retired Staff
You are wrong.

First HHG will be playable on 1.8 and 1.9

Second the biggest community on HHG is not the PvP one, believe it or not

In fact many people were saying that they would leave the server if 1.9 wasn't added (mostly non-pvpers) but they are the biggest community on HHG
A lot of the players pvp though. KitPvP, UHC, Survival Games, etc. A lot of the servers are based on pvp. So combined, all the papers do make a great deal of the server. Maybe not quite half, maybe more... But it is a good size. Obviously not all of them will quit. I bet some papers even like 1.9 better, who knows.

Unitus

Retired Staff
A lot of the players pvp though. KitPvP, UHC, Survival Games, etc. A lot of the servers are based on pvp. So combined, all the papers do make a great deal of the server. Maybe not quite half, maybe more... But it is a good size. Obviously not all of them will quit. I bet some papers even like 1.9 better, who knows.
You read what I said?

I expect no one to leave, since it's just the addition of 1.9 and not the removal of 1.8

ImTea

Retired Staff
You read what I said?

I expect no one to leave, since it's just the addition of 1.9 and not the removal of 1.8
Yes I did read what you said. I was speaking on the terms that the server changed to 1.9. You said that most people would leave if the server didn't add 1.9. I said that if the server changed to 1.9 Doesn't mean I didn't read it. Just adding my thoughts.

evoon

Trusted Member
I personally am pretty excited for 1.9 pvp. Sure, at first it may be very hard to get used to, but I think when people give it a try it'll be a really cool thing to have ;)

Nonze

"I expect no one to leave, since it's just the addition of 1.9 and not the removal of 1.8"
Unitus I have a question idk alot about this 1.9 server update can someone with using 1.8 and 1.9 fight in the server? If so doesn't the user usng 1.8 have an advantage bc of the speed he could attack with?

ImTea

Retired Staff
Unitus I have a question idk alot about this 1.9 server update can someone with using 1.8 and 1.9 fight in the server? If so doesn't the user usng 1.8 have an advantage bc of the speed he could attack with?
They've negated all PvP updates. It is basically just a 1.8 server that 1.9 can connect to to make it more convinient for people using both versions to join.

Colemac2233

After hearing a lot of people talk about how much they hate the update and dont want to update to it, i wanted to post a couple thoughts i had.

First, i really think that the update makes pvp SKILL based. Its not who can click fastest, but who can have the right timing of hits, better strafes combined with perfect timing... People can block with shields, and use arrows for neat abilities... I think it is much more realistic and really going to be more awesome once people get into it!

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen fightts in 1.9 with full iron dudes getting Rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Dont get me wrong, im a spam clicker. I beat people cause i can spam faster than they can... But I look forward to perfecing my timing and playing smart... I think that was the whole reason for the update to pvp... It makes it so much better! It makes it more like how fighting really would be, and requires more of you :)
I strongly agree with this.

iiCrunch

Okay, I agree. Updating to 1.9 might cause many of the experience PvPers to quit HHG.
However...
I would also like to point out that NOT updating to 1.9 would cause many people the quit HHG as well, because no one really likes to play on a server that is too far behind. As MC started moving on, if HHG stayed on 1.8.x, the player amount would drop because people wouldn't want to switch to 1.8.x every time they wanted to play on HHG.
Lol there are many servers that are outdated and have over like 3000 people. Because they like 1.7 and 1.8. I can't mention the server names beacause that would be advertising

Unitus

Retired Staff
They've negated all PvP updates. It is basically just a 1.8 server that 1.9 can connect to to make it more convinient for people using both versions to join.
This is beta stage, 1.9 pvp aspects have not been yet implemented (as well with many servers) because 1.9 is really unstable, but the 1.9 aspects of pvp will not be negated once it becomes stable

Xist_

This is beta stage, 1.9 pvp aspects have not been yet implemented (as well with many servers) because 1.9 is really unstable, but the 1.9 aspects of pvp will not be negated once it becomes stable
I'm just wondering are you happy that the server is going to 1.9 as without jitterclicking you won't be the best pvper on the server no more. No offence.

Shroud

However...
I disagree there, because you can tell by what everyone said, they dont like 1.9 pvp, why would they go on any server that is 1.9 overall, i mean, optifine didnt come out for 1.9, so far as i can tell neither did multiplayer mods for 1.9, my point, no one would go on 1.9 because its pretty bad and still has lots of glitches and other "addons" that players don't have yet like optifine. They would probably stay on 1.8 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.