• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Rant about 1.9 and PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImTea

Retired Staff
Me I can say what games should be as im a player,
So you are saying that since I am a player, if I said I wanted every game to be a lego game, that every game creator would have to make their games look like they were made with legos?!? No, you don't decide what games are... game designers choose what they want to make. It's freedom.

Xist_

So you are saying that since I am a player, if I said I wanted every game to be a lego game, that every game creator would have to make their games look like they were made with legos?!? No, you don't decide what games are... game designers choose what they want to make. It's freedom.
When did i demand? I said i am the gamer and know what my game needs to be.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
This is labeled a rant about 1.9 pvp, so that is what you'll get! :p 1.9 PvP is a BIG BIG BIG change to Minecraft pvp, I think we can all agree on that... But is it for better or for worse? Well the facts are that 1.9 brings in wings, swing delays, durability changes, armor nerfs, damage changes, different arrows, and removes block hitting, combos, spam/jitter clicking. Most of the things it removes have been in Minecraft or popular since about 1.4-1.7; so why remove them? If the game got popular around these times, why remove them at all? These things that keep the game alive today are what they are removing. Look up all the servers in Minecraft. I'm willing to bet that on average, 1/3 of all of them accessible to the public are pvp based/launched off of pvp. It is a big reason why the game is so popular, because it is unique. There are so many games with hit delays, but those hit delays were in said game when they started. You don't see the Diablo creators removing the cooldowns because they thought it would make it "more realistic", it just doesn't happen often, and the reason is because many times it ends up badly for the creators. Backlashes in the community, a lot of people leaving the community, etc etc. And for the people who have been playing Minecraft for a long time, this changes most everything they know about Minecraft pvp.

Now, I do think the new pvp is interesting, but it isn't "Minecraft". Minecraft ISN'T realistic. Lets face it. Floating islands of stone and sand, blocky everything, floating trees and leaves, you can destroy ANYTHING by punching it... it isn't realistic. Rather than ruining one of the main aspects of Minecraft, how about fixing the things people WANT. It took them from 1.6.2 until 1.7 to fix the sprint glitch. There are still glitches in 1.8, so why don't they fix 1.8 before making a 1.9 ...

1.9 adds a lot of cool features, I just wish we got 1.9 without the pvp changes...
Could not have said it better in my words, infact screw that, you did way better than me. And this people is from a real pvper, see what I mean by what the true pvpers want in minecraft pvp? And no Bach, the reason that we don't like 1.8 or 1.9 is because in 1.7 you couldn't abuse ping, because it made a very small difference, fps was what changed things for the most part. In 1.7 you had to actually be good, not have the best connection and internet to win fights, that's how I dropped in the pvp rating so badly, and im considered "only quite good" now, because I have something like 200 ping most of the time while most players have like 70, so I will always have a huge weight dragging me down, and as you probably know its quite normal for a lot of EU players too. If this was a real "combat" update, they should fix that, instead of coming up with some stupid new idea that they probably knew wouldn't be liked, they just did it because it was like every other game.

Last edited:

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Now, I do think the new pvp is interesting, but it isn't "Minecraft". Minecraft ISN'T realistic. Lets face it. Floating islands of stone and sand, blocky everything, floating trees and leaves, you can destroy ANYTHING by punching it...
Sand falls, you can't destroy bedrock and air by punching it
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nonze

I just wanted to point out about the fact that 16 out of 21 ppl voted to not go to 1.9 in the suggestion I posted. That's about 71 percent. Not saying we shouldn't go to 1.9 just stating the facts about the popularity of 1.9

Zekerundo

Yeah really. The point of Minecraft is that there are survival aspects and realistic items MIXED IN with magic and hostile monsters.

iiCrunch

After hearing a lot of people talk about how much they hate the update and dont want to update to it, i wanted to post a couple thoughts i had.

First, i really think that the update makes pvp SKILL based. Its not who can click fastest, but who can have the right timing of hits, better strafes combined with perfect timing... People can block with shields, and use arrows for neat abilities... I think it is much more realistic and really going to be more awesome once people get into it!

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen fightts in 1.9 with full iron dudes getting Rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Dont get me wrong, im a spam clicker. I beat people cause i can spam faster than they can... But I look forward to perfecing my timing and playing smart... I think that was the whole reason for the update to pvp... It makes it so much better! It makes it more like how fighting really would be, and requires more of you :)
im not changing my pvp style just for a server. IF this updates im probably going to a different server or something. Honestly to me 1.9 isnt a update its a whole different game for pvpers.

AlaskanSkies

im not changing my pvp style just for a server. IF this updates im probably going to a different server or something. Honestly to me 1.9 isnt a update its a whole different game for pvpers.
What server is honestly going to NOT update JUST for PvP?

iiCrunch

Yeah really. The point of Minecraft is that there are survival aspects and realistic items MIXED IN with magic and hostile monsters.
your talking about solo survival and u obviously don't know what 1.9 actually does because u said cool down doesnt even change pvp. People said 1.9 is more realistic like HOW!?!??!
like in 1.9 if i smash someone with a sword 20 time in rapid clicking they wont die? Like wut realistic is there?

iiCrunch

What server is honestly going to NOT update JUST for PvP?
players build up a server. A server is a nothing without its players and you're basically implying we are not going to update for the pvpers (players).
Like yeah whatever 85% is creative players, but yeah lets throw away the other 15% like there trash

AlaskanSkies

players build up a server. A server is a nothing without its players and you're basically implying we are not going to update for the pvpers (players).
Like yeah whatever 85% is creative players, but yeah lets throw away the other 15% like there trash
I implied that the server was not going to put off updating just because of PvP.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
You know it was just her opinion. No need to get all mad about it.
Was I mad...?
your talking about solo survival and u obviously don't know what 1.9 actually does because u said cool down doesnt even change pvp. People said 1.9 is more realistic like HOW!?!??!
like in 1.9 if i smash someone with a sword 20 time in rapid clicking they wont die? Like wut realistic is there?
More realistic than flinging a sword that weighs quite a bit 10 times a second

FlawLessHuman

After hearing a lot of people talk about how much they hate the update and dont want to update to it, i wanted to post a couple thoughts i had.

First, i really think that the update makes pvp SKILL based. Its not who can click fastest, but who can have the right timing of hits, better strafes combined with perfect timing... People can block with shields, and use arrows for neat abilities... I think it is much more realistic and really going to be more awesome once people get into it!

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen fightts in 1.9 with full iron dudes getting Rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Dont get me wrong, im a spam clicker. I beat people cause i can spam faster than they can... But I look forward to perfecing my timing and playing smart... I think that was the whole reason for the update to pvp... It makes it so much better! It makes it more like how fighting really would be, and requires more of you :)
Hello, everyone and this is coming from my option not a fact or anything first, Bach its called jitter. and today i'm thinking about the server updating to 1.9 which for my option would be a good thing and bad thing first the good thing is it has some cool things that are rly gr8 for the 1.9 update which is the wings and shields and thats the only thing i would like in my option the down fall in my option is the pvp with the sword and you can't even play with the rod either since they took away that. i probably think the HHG community should update and if it does its all right but i'lll give up i know a lot of people did in the pvp community. so thats just my option if you have any replys i will read about it.)

_Tanner

I'm so happy I got banned, or I would have to quit after finding out Happy HG is updating to 1.9.
This is in no way going to help the server. I believe the server will lose half, or more of the players (maybe not, they might stay for like creative) Overall the server is going to die down.

Shroud

Absolutely false and incorrect. Let me give you an example, the three best pvpers on the server or that have been on the server that I know, Tristan, ImEzLikeIceTea and Munkei (Not counting myself in here, I might qualify for this position but im not to sure, so im playing it safe) all say that when they tried 1.9 for a few hours session along with me, we all came to the same conclusion that 1.9 cooldown in pvp is a load of trash for what minecraft is. All this is doing is taking away the uniqueness of the pvping on minecraft an turning it into how almost every other game is like, which in honesty overall ruins minecraft pvp. This will also mean that hackers are going to reap off of this, due to making more opportunities to make more hacks and get an unfair advantage in pvp, and will create a whole new generation of problems for everyone. You also say it would be more realistic to what fighting would be, and forget that minecraft is pretty much designed to be UNREALISTIC, I mean think about it, if you can build a floating house out of wood and can knock a tree down in 20 seconds with your fist, and it not collapse on you, then what difference is this new pvp system going to make? All its going to do is make fights about 3 million years long and take away what was good and unique about minecraft, which is one of the worst ideas mojang have ever created over many stupid ideas, and will ruin a big chunk of minecraft.

Also, this will make pvp a lot less skill based if you ask me, and im sure that other people with some real pvp knowledge will have the same opinion as me. Combos will not work properly any more as it will take about 11 years to kill anyone with a combo, and will make the game into a literal test of who's got the better armor and who has better luck, which takes a good 75% of pvp skill away. I've already given this ridiculous idea a good try to see if its not as bad as I thought, and its actually worse than I thought. It will also involve the re-development of pvp completely or a new pvp system altogether with 1.9, and one with 1.8 still, which'll take ages and ages to do and wont be worth it in the end. You can hate this all you like, but the fact is, the true pvpers don't like this update, and they're the ones who should have the real say on this, and will leave if they have to.
1. PvP in 1.9 sucks since now its all about timing, all noobs can now just attack people with 2cps and they can kill someone in a 1v1 who does like 15cps
2. Hackers cant really use auto clicker as good as they did before, I dont know what hacks they will use which scare me, but they will probably find something much more op than the hacks in 1.8.
3. You said things about better armor and better luck.... hmmm.... Minecraft PvP + Call Of Duty.....
4. I would say everyone who replied to this post is a true pvper...

AlaskanSkies

I'm so happy I got banned, or I would have to quit after finding out Happy HG is updating to 1.9.
This is in no way going to help the server. I believe the server will lose half, or more of the players (maybe not, they might stay for like creative) Overall the server is going to die down.
Okay, I agree. Updating to 1.9 might cause many of the experience PvPers to quit HHG.
However...
I would also like to point out that NOT updating to 1.9 would cause many people the quit HHG as well, because no one really likes to play on a server that is too far behind. As MC started moving on, if HHG stayed on 1.8.x, the player amount would drop because people wouldn't want to switch to 1.8.x every time they wanted to play on HHG.

Status
Not open for further replies.