• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Rant about 1.9 and PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
After hearing a lot of people talk about how much they hate the update and dont want to update to it, i wanted to post a couple thoughts i had.

First, i really think that the update makes pvp SKILL based. Its not who can click fastest, but who can have the right timing of hits, better strafes combined with perfect timing... People can block with shields, and use arrows for neat abilities... I think it is much more realistic and really going to be more awesome once people get into it!

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen fightts in 1.9 with full iron dudes getting Rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Dont get me wrong, im a spam clicker. I beat people cause i can spam faster than they can... But I look forward to perfecing my timing and playing smart... I think that was the whole reason for the update to pvp... It makes it so much better! It makes it more like how fighting really would be, and requires more of you :)

Nonze

After hearing a lot of people talk about how much they hate the update and dont want to update to it, i wanted to post a couple thoughts i had.

First, i really think that the update makes pvp SKILL based. Its not who can click fastest, but who can have the right timing of hits, better strafes combined with perfect timing... People can block with shields, and use arrows for neat abilities... I think it is much more realistic and really going to be more awesome once people get into it!

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen full iron dudes get rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Dont get me wrong, im a spam clicker. I beat people cause i can spam faster than they can... But I look forward to perfecing my timing and playing smart... I think that was the whole reason for the update to pvp... It makes it so much better! It makes it more like how fighting really would be, and requires more of you :)

After trying 1.9 pvp out I still think it's lame think about the jitter clickers and people who hot key how r they supposed to pvp now? Do they just comepletely change their whole style? I just think it won't work in my opinion

AlaskanSkies

After trying 1.9 pvp out I still think it's lame think about the jitter clickers and people who hot key how r they supposed to pvp now? Do they just comepletely change their whole style? I just think it won't work in my opinion
They learn a new way of doing PvP, or find a server that focuses on 1.8 PvP.

Nonze

They learn a new way of doing PvP, or find a server that focuses on 1.8 PvP.
So ur insinuating that ppl should just leave the server if they don't like the pvp trusts me I'll stay even if they go to 1.9 Im just seeing if there's any way to keep it a little like the old pvp and i really dislike how u basically just told me to leave the server :/

AlaskanSkies

So ur insinuating that ppl should just leave the server if they don't like the pvp trusts me I'll stay even if they go to 1.9 Im just seeing if there's any way to keep it a little like the old pvp and i really dislike how u basically just told me to leave the server :/
I didn't tell you to leave the server. =)
HHG is updating to 1.9. Theoretically, if there is no way to use 1.8 PvP on a 1.9 server, I was just giving options. You could try the 1.9 PvP, and see if you like it at all, or you could find a server that uses 1.8 PvP to PvP on. I didn't tell you to leave the server at all. I'm sorry if it seemed like I did.

_Bach_

Retired Staff

Youre basically saying you will leave the server before you change playing style? Gosh, how committed are you to that playing style? If you are willing to practice the new pvp style i think you will find it is much better. NOT. Reason to leave hhg... Thats kinda childish and pathetic imo... Leaving a great community and server cause you dont wanna change some aspects of how you fight.

Good pvpers should be able to adjust, if they really have skill. But if you have no skill, then the update isnt for you xD

Nonze

Youre basically saying you will leave the server before you change playing style? Gosh, how committed are you to that playing style? If you are willing to practice the new pvp style i think you will find it is much better. NOT. Reason to leave hhg... Thats kinda childish and pathetic imo... Leaving a great community and server cause you dont wanna change some aspects of how you fight.

Good pvpers should be able to adjust, if they really have skill. But if you have no skill, then the update isnt for you xD
Alright I see what ur saying but I never said I would leave bc of the new playing style so don't call me pathetic I said in another post that I would try to get used to it never have I said "oh I'm just gonna leave the server bc of 1.9" and i will be able to adjust bc u have what u call "skill"

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I didnt mean to imply that you would be pathetic, but rather the choice to just leave because of it would be a pathetic and childish one. I want people to at least give the update a chance and see how they fare in it before they judge it and say its bad. New isnt necessarily bad... Just different :)

Nonze

I didnt mean to imply that you would be pathetic, but rather the choice to just leave because of it would be a pathetic and childish one. I want people to at least give the update a chance and see how they fare in it before they judge it and say its bad. New isnt necessarily bad... Just different :)
Hey I'm sorry I really like the pvp in mc I'm willing to give 1.9 a chance

Decis

Not to be rude or anything, but I don't think the 1.9 update is going to be great for using it on the server. I'm not trying to run anything, I just don't understand why we have to learn new PVP if the old PVP was just as good?

Shroud

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen full iron dudes get rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

1.9 is gonna be a pain in the butt for the developers, they have to revamp almost all the pvp servers and add new kits with the shields and all the new arrows.

Maybe you can do 2 kitpvp servers, a 1.9 one and a 1.8 one, i mean, it probably wont happen, but its worth a shot right? xP

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader

True!

Xist_

Umm this is a game why would I want it to be realistic?

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff

Yeah, you cant block hit, and yeah you cant spam click. But honestly, thats a poor quality of pvp. I have seen fightts in 1.9 with full iron dudes getting Rekt by full leather because the leather guy played it smart. In every gamemode on HHG, i think the new 1.9 mechanics of pvp will enhance the battles.

Absolutely false and incorrect. Let me give you an example, the three best pvpers on the server or that have been on the server that I know, Tristan, ImEzLikeIceTea and Munkei (Not counting myself in here, I might qualify for this position but im not to sure, so im playing it safe) all say that when they tried 1.9 for a few hours session along with me, we all came to the same conclusion that 1.9 cooldown in pvp is a load of trash for what minecraft is. All this is doing is taking away the uniqueness of the pvping on minecraft an turning it into how almost every other game is like, which in honesty overall ruins minecraft pvp. This will also mean that hackers are going to reap off of this, due to making more opportunities to make more hacks and get an unfair advantage in pvp, and will create a whole new generation of problems for everyone. You also say it would be more realistic to what fighting would be, and forget that minecraft is pretty much designed to be UNREALISTIC, I mean think about it, if you can build a floating house out of wood and can knock a tree down in 20 seconds with your fist, and it not collapse on you, then what difference is this new pvp system going to make? All its going to do is make fights about 3 million years long and take away what was good and unique about minecraft, which is one of the worst ideas mojang have ever created over many stupid ideas, and will ruin a big chunk of minecraft.

Also, this will make pvp a lot less skill based if you ask me, and im sure that other people with some real pvp knowledge will have the same opinion as me. Combos will not work properly any more as it will take about 11 years to kill anyone with a combo, and will make the game into a literal test of who's got the better armor and who has better luck, which takes a good 75% of pvp skill away. I've already given this ridiculous idea a good try to see if its not as bad as I thought, and its actually worse than I thought. It will also involve the re-development of pvp completely or a new pvp system altogether with 1.9, and one with 1.8 still, which'll take ages and ages to do and wont be worth it in the end. You can hate this all you like, but the fact is, the true pvpers don't like this update, and they're the ones who should have the real say on this, and will leave if they have to.

Last edited:

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I do think a new way of pvp-ing is best. Thats what i was saying was so good about it! Now, fights taking longer, that may be true. But legitimately, combos and such are just fast clicking... I want to see smart PVP. I know many good pvpers dont like the update, but i think that is mainly because it isnt what they are used to doing. People are stuck on the fact that 1.7 is the best thing ever, cause you could abuse things the most and "play the best" -_-

Quite honestly, I think the pvp system needs a change! The way pvp happens in minecraft may be different from other games, but honestly, I still hold that this update HELPS pvp. It does change it, in a way that many long time pvpers may not like... But i have seen many very good pvpers love the update too... It depends on whether you are willing to change you play style or be stuck in the 1.7 rut... Thats my two cents :p

Unitus

Retired Staff
I like many of the things in 1.9, in fact all of it, except, hitting delay, removal of block-hitting and removal of full screen windowed mode. I would prefer to have block hitting and shields at the same time, and have it set to different effects, block-hitting for surface combo creation, and shield for a hit reduction of the attack to a fist. The hit delay doesn't sound that bad, but this was honestly done to help out the noobs that can't go professional and buy a jitter-clicking mouse, even though with a reasonable cps you could get to the limit of Minecraft's cps (which is very low). You can still jitter click if you want to on the 1.9 but with a huge reduction in damage, if you jitter click you are basicly hitting the person with your fist at some cases. Combos would in a central point of view be useless, I believe instead of removing things the pvp community loved, add things to it and not remove. PvP has been around since the beginning of Minecraft, and the best pvpers are obviously accustomed to it, now changing it drastically is just too much, but I guess pvpers have to adapt. I don't really hate 1.9, I would have to wait and see, I am down to give it a chance.

Last edited:

ImTea

Retired Staff
This is labeled a rant about 1.9 pvp, so that is what you'll get! :p 1.9 PvP is a BIG BIG BIG change to Minecraft pvp, I think we can all agree on that... But is it for better or for worse? Well the facts are that 1.9 brings in wings, swing delays, durability changes, armor nerfs, damage changes, different arrows, and removes block hitting, combos, spam/jitter clicking. Most of the things it removes have been in Minecraft or popular since about 1.4-1.7; so why remove them? If the game got popular around these times, why remove them at all? These things that keep the game alive today are what they are removing. Look up all the servers in Minecraft. I'm willing to bet that on average, 1/3 of all of them accessible to the public are pvp based/launched off of pvp. It is a big reason why the game is so popular, because it is unique. There are so many games with hit delays, but those hit delays were in said game when they started. You don't see the Diablo creators removing the cooldowns because they thought it would make it "more realistic", it just doesn't happen often, and the reason is because many times it ends up badly for the creators. Backlashes in the community, a lot of people leaving the community, etc etc. And for the people who have been playing Minecraft for a long time, this changes most everything they know about Minecraft pvp.

Now, I do think the new pvp is interesting, but it isn't "Minecraft". Minecraft ISN'T realistic. Lets face it. Floating islands of stone and sand, blocky everything, floating trees and leaves, you can destroy ANYTHING by punching it... it isn't realistic. Rather than ruining one of the main aspects of Minecraft, how about fixing the things people WANT. It took them from 1.6.2 until 1.7 to fix the sprint glitch. There are still glitches in 1.8, so why don't they fix 1.8 before making a 1.9 ...

1.9 adds a lot of cool features, I just wish we got 1.9 without the pvp changes...

Status
Not open for further replies.