• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mac

SAFollis

Trusted Member
I Disagree... i play on a mac computer, perfectly fine, I'm not a hardcore gamer so it doesn't bother me. It works with mod packs, hhg, and a lot of other things... Get It <3
But if you record, windows are better. Which he records
EDIT: No! No i5.
Get i7 Those are much much more powerful

evoon

Trusted Member
Since you do YouTube, I would recommend a Windows computer for good quality/better gaming. I personally prefer a mac since I use it for Minecraft, but I don't record. So go for a Windows computer. :)

Kaios

Retired Staff
I run photoshop, Minecraft, and my recorder at the same time and have ZERO problems. I drop maybe 5 fps when recording (At a normal 75 FPS running optifine, better graphics settings, and VBO's.) Since you are recording and you do GFX I would absolutely get a Mac. They are 100% the BEST computers for graphics, its what all the major graphics companies uses. They run amazing with all the adobe programs and with all the other graphics programs. I personally LOVE my MacBook Air. I have had it for about 2 1/2 years and have had NO problems. I really want a Mac mini though, I would definitely get this dude. :) Yes it is true Macs were not meant to game but for a small Minecraft channel as yours that also does graphics (Which is exactly what I do) there are absolutely perfect. (Plus you won't have to worry about viruses, Macs come with a top-notch fire wall built into the system preferences.)

SAFollis

Trusted Member
All teh mac fans = Sad face
(Pretty much 95% of bigger youtubers use Windows c:)
At a normal 75 FPS running optifine, better graphics settings, and VBO's.)
LOL I installed Optifine on my new pc before Minecraft 1.8.1 fully installed so the only thing that crashes my game is VBOs xD (Otherwise everything else was installed)
Gonna have to install Optifine again.

Also: I haven't gotten a single virus on my new PC yet. But then again I have an anti-virus software, but if you have one of those, you should be safe from pretty much all viruses.

Also I'm not sure what program you use to record, but I use OBS
It will lag your computer a bit if you don't have a better computer.
When I record with it, I go from 60-80 fps full screen to 30 fps if the thing I'm playing on is a server that has a lot of plug-ins activating everywhere. Otherwise I can record at 45 FPS and get 45-50 fps while playing Vanilla things (Like my Footsteps, not sure about Diversity 2 since that thing is huge, and other things) <--This is without VBOs on

Also I can record at 60 fps when playing Half Life 1. Not sure about 2 yet lol (Haven't tried yet)

EDIT: Actually it doesn't seem to be only on optifine lol
On default mc vbos crashes. Gonna see why

Last edited:

Cinq

Yea I would never get a mac lmfao expect if it was for school, but for gaming? forget it. If you're going to use it for gaming I wouldn't recommend it, I would recommend just building your own pc, you save a ton of money and you can just watch YT vids on how to.. but if you are to lazy just get a windows computer or get a alienware :p

CodeHerobrine

Trusted Member
Wow so many comments I have a Mac and its a 2011 mac mini and you have seen my videos they are ok and I'm sure a newer one would work better. Also ThinkNoodles uses a 2010 iMac! and look at his videos. He has over 600k! subscribers I'm not sure also I am getting into animation and Macs are very good for that all in all for what my mac does I think a newer mac is better. Also I don't have to pay for all those virus things.

Tbucs19Gaming

Trusted Member
Go With The Mac. I'd Prefer It Very Much. Its Fast And Easy To Handle But The Windows Is Slow As Crap. Plus,Windows As Tons Of Virus's That Take Forever To Get Rid Off Cause Of Slow Internet And Stuff Like That

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Go With The Mac. I'd Prefer It Very Much. Its Fast And Easy To Handle But The Windows Is Slow As ****. Plus,Windows As Tons Of Virus's That Take Forever To Get Rid Off Cause Of Slow Internet And Stuff Like That
No. Internet speed is same on Windows and Mac. Windows isn't that slow actually. My computer is fast.