• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Accepted Atlantis - SCBB map

justcharli

Name: Atlantis
Gamemode: SCBB
Located: /p v JustCharli 35
Theme: Based on the lost city of Atlantis, i made a map with an oceanic/broken and overgrown city theme. it has two statues and two platforms with a small centre platform :)

Se2boHY.jpg
xUfZgYn.jpg
0MSZSQP.jpg
I7DnlzI.jpg
Fiu9zET.jpg
aeYsFkN.jpg
VahyJYk.jpg
kAl5Hqf.jpg

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
It’s good to see someone still interested in building. I’d appreciate it if you were to upload some screenshots without texture pack because from the photos we have, I can’t really tell what it has on offer.

justcharli

It’s good to see someone still interested in building. I’d appreciate it if you were to upload some screenshots without texture pack because from the photos we have, I can’t really tell what it has on offer.
oh crap i forgot i had a texture pack on. i'll upload more pictures without the texture pack soon

justcharli

heres some images with no texture pack and better positions
U8yDonr.jpg

iO8whsS.jpg

pFgN3Vw.jpg
bOCbv2W.jpg
Dleiarw.jpg
wE4fXRx.jpg

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Personally I think this map has very suitable potential but needs touch ups before release. I’ve never been a huge fan of vines in Minecraft, but it could work here. Maybe consider making some more “underwater” plants out of leaves as well? Also, considering this is a SCBB map, I never played a ton of it, but it seems as if there’s not enough islands; big or small. If you do consider adding more islands use a similar palette and maybe do another ruined structure like the existing one on the farther island. With all this criticism being said, I do like the statues in particular. The map as it sits is alright but it could use some more depth.

justcharli

Personally I think this map has very suitable potential but needs touch ups before release. I’ve never been a huge fan of vines in Minecraft, but it could work here. Maybe consider making some more “underwater” plants out of leaves as well? Also, considering this is a SCBB map, I never played a ton of it, but it seems as if there’s not enough islands; big or small. If you do consider adding more islands use a similar palette and maybe do another ruined structure like the existing one on the farther island. With all this criticism being said, I do like the statues in particular. The map as it sits is alright but it could use some more depth.
thanks for your feedback! ill try and fix some parts of it when i get home!

edit: also, i would like to add a couple more islands. i made it small because personally, i think scbb needs more smaller maps for 1v1s. playing a 1v1 on a huge map such as the dragons map could be really annoying

Last edited:

justcharli

it looks way less crowded/messy when you're looking at the map from mc instead of my screenshots. if anyone has any tips please tell me uwu
ACivCIP.jpg
YNdH64c.jpg
KiqB1xA.jpg
mfT4RbW.jpg
LlnVvVD.jpg
KQIQEEg.jpg
OG5sJPB.jpg

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Alright I visited the plot, and my opinion on the vines still stand, not a huge fan; you can keep some just trim them back, it’s a bit wild. Also, the coral islands I would make 5x5 at least instead. As you cannot even walk around the coral on the islands. Making it larger I feel could help the players maneuverability giving everyone more attacking opportunity. Finally, I hadn’t mentioned it in the first post of mine but the center island is a bit peculiar to me, what is the glass structure above? Coral? Also the little building itself is pretty okay but I’d personally go for a larger centerpiece; that’s up to prefers though. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you take my thoughts into consideration.

justcharli

Alright I visited the plot, and my opinion on the vines still stand, not a huge fan; you can keep some just trim them back, it’s a bit wild. Also, the coral islands I would make 5x5 at least instead. As you cannot even walk around the coral on the islands. Making it larger I feel could help the players maneuverability giving everyone more attacking opportunity. Finally, I hadn’t mentioned it in the first post of mine but the center island is a bit peculiar to me, what is the glass structure above? Coral? Also the little building itself is pretty okay but I’d personally go for a larger centerpiece; that’s up to prefers though. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you take my thoughts into consideration.
the glass structure is supposed to be a fountain and yeah the vines keep growing and idk how to stop them :( thanks for your feedback btw!

justcharli

okay so i fixed it up a bit with the vines and the coral islands and personally i think it looks way better (also made the two knights have the same head because ocd)

F5la96U.jpg
O61JCv3.jpg
9Dk5Ggn.jpg

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I've visited the plot and here are my thoughts of the Map:

- The middle island and the small islands around it are far too symmetrical for my liking, makes it seem unnatural.
- Also the middle area seems very small and crowded it would be annoying to PvP in.
- The outer islands with the stone brick 'ruins' structures are pretty nice, but on 1 of them the bottom is completely flat.
- Most of the floorspace that could be used for PvP you've usually filled with structures such as: bushes, rocks and coral which is nice for detail but cancels out the opportunity for a better PvP experience.
- The 3x3 ice platforms seem a bit out of place and random, barely any terraforming for them and looks like you've just run out of ideas. (Maybe replace them with bigger hand-made fish or jellyfish or something? Lots of possibilities.
- The theme I can appreciate as it's a very nice theme with lots of potential (as you've proven). But I feel like you could go so much further with it.

I hope my views and opinions help, good luck with the Map. <3

justcharli

I've visited the plot and here are my thoughts of the Map:

- The middle island and the small islands around it are far too symmetrical for my liking, makes it seem unnatural.
- Also the middle area seems very small and crowded it would be annoying to PvP in.
- The outer islands with the stone brick 'ruins' structures are pretty nice, but on 1 of them the bottom is completely flat.
- Most of the floorspace that could be used for PvP you've usually filled with structures such as: bushes, rocks and coral which is nice for detail but cancels out the opportunity for a better PvP experience.
- The 3x3 ice platforms seem a bit out of place and random, barely any terraforming for them and looks like you've just run out of ideas. (Maybe replace them with bigger hand-made fish or jellyfish or something? Lots of possibilities.
- The theme I can appreciate as it's a very nice theme with lots of potential (as you've proven). But I feel like you could go so much further with it.

I hope my views and opinions help, good luck with the Map. <3
thanks for your feedback! right now im really busy with exams so ill fix it up hopefully soon if im motivated enough. (i like your jellyfish idea btw!)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Sorry for the delay, I got a bit busy the last few weeks. I looked through the comments that have been left already, and I really like some of the changes that you have already made. I think it is really close, but I think it could still be improved. I know you said you were planning to do more to it if you were motivated enough after your exams so here is what I would suggest:
  • Add terraforming to the bottom of the large island that is completely flat
  • I think it would be cool if you had another one of the large islands behind the other statue, it would make the map feel a bit more open without having to change the center
  • I really love the theme, it really does have a lot of potential
  • As Sam said, the ice platforms could be more creative. I also like his idea of small jellyfish or something in their place
  • I actually don't mind that there isn't a lot of floor space. Being SCBB the map doesn't need a lot of actual pvp space, and depending on how the map is made can be good for knockback classes, ranged classes, or melee classes.
  • As a note, to stop vines from growing, place string underneath where the vines are. Or, place some sort of filler block that isn't in the map (netherrack can be a good choice) under it and I can remove them when it gets added to the server since vine-growth should be disabled by default in scbb

justcharli

Sorry for the delay, I got a bit busy the last few weeks. I looked through the comments that have been left already, and I really like some of the changes that you have already made. I think it is really close, but I think it could still be improved. I know you said you were planning to do more to it if you were motivated enough after your exams so here is what I would suggest:
  • Add terraforming to the bottom of the large island that is completely flat
  • I think it would be cool if you had another one of the large islands behind the other statue, it would make the map feel a bit more open without having to change the center
  • I really love the theme, it really does have a lot of potential
  • As Sam said, the ice platforms could be more creative. I also like his idea of small jellyfish or something in their place
  • I actually don't mind that there isn't a lot of floor space. Being SCBB the map doesn't need a lot of actual pvp space, and depending on how the map is made can be good for knockback classes, ranged classes, or melee classes.
  • As a note, to stop vines from growing, place string underneath where the vines are. Or, place some sort of filler block that isn't in the map (netherrack can be a good choice) under it and I can remove them when it gets added to the server since vine-growth should be disabled by default in scbb

thanks for responding trenlo! ill fix it up later when i have time c:

justcharli

Okay, so ive added terraforming to the large island,
i couldn't think of anything to put on the ice, what sucks because i tried doing the jelly fish but they just looked like eh.
i also added another large island with a broken castle/coral, ect.

CIWVhE5.jpg

iMoewcN.jpg

it looks better in game oof :c

justcharli

okay so sampaii asked to help with the build and we now have jellyfish instead of the ice platforms. it looks way better now (also edited a couple other things) c:

sorry for posting 3 times in a row on here oof :c

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Overall the map looks great. I love the theme, I think the level of detail is good, and all the positive stuff from my last post still applies. I am going to be really picky though, as I have just one more criticism of the map.
  • The style of terraforming under the islands is not the same
If you look at the smaller islands, and one of the larger islands, the terraforming narrows down and comes to a point or a ridge. On the other two larger islands, it comes down and then is still kind of flat. They also only have one leafy vine each, when the others have a bit more detail.

I love the map though, and if that one thing can be changed (I'm pretty sure SampaiMC knows what I'm talking about and could probably fix it), then the map is accepted.