1. Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Sky Wars, Kit PvP and Survival Games maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  2. We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
    Dismiss Notice

SCBB Atlantis - SCBB map

Discussion in 'Maps and worlds' started by justcharli, Feb 9, 2019.

1. justcharli

justcharli Well-Known Member

Name: Atlantis
    Gamemode: SCBB
    Located: /p v JustCharli 35
    Theme: Based on the lost city of Atlantis, i made a map with an oceanic/broken and overgrown city theme. it has two statues and two platforms with a small centre platform :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. justcharli

i made this like 5 months ago and forgot to upload it
    whoops

3. EPICMATT88

EPICMATT88 Trusted Member

It’s good to see someone still interested in building. I’d appreciate it if you were to upload some screenshots without texture pack because from the photos we have, I can’t really tell what it has on offer.

Trenly likes this.
  4. justcharli

oh crap i forgot i had a texture pack on. i'll upload more pictures without the texture pack soon

5. justcharli

heres some images with no texture pack and better positions
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. EPICMATT88

Personally I think this map has very suitable potential but needs touch ups before release. I’ve never been a huge fan of vines in Minecraft, but it could work here. Maybe consider making some more “underwater” plants out of leaves as well? Also, considering this is a SCBB map, I never played a ton of it, but it seems as if there’s not enough islands; big or small. If you do consider adding more islands use a similar palette and maybe do another ruined structure like the existing one on the farther island. With all this criticism being said, I do like the statues in particular. The map as it sits is alright but it could use some more depth.

Trenly likes this.
  7. justcharli

thanks for your feedback! ill try and fix some parts of it when i get home!

edit: also, i would like to add a couple more islands. i made it small because personally, i think scbb needs more smaller maps for 1v1s. playing a 1v1 on a huge map such as the dragons map could be really annoying

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    Trenly likes this.
  8. justcharli

it looks way less crowded/messy when you're looking at the map from mc instead of my screenshots. if anyone has any tips please tell me uwu[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

9. EPICMATT88

Alright I visited the plot, and my opinion on the vines still stand, not a huge fan; you can keep some just trim them back, it’s a bit wild. Also, the coral islands I would make 5x5 at least instead. As you cannot even walk around the coral on the islands. Making it larger I feel could help the players maneuverability giving everyone more attacking opportunity. Finally, I hadn’t mentioned it in the first post of mine but the center island is a bit peculiar to me, what is the glass structure above? Coral? Also the little building itself is pretty okay but I’d personally go for a larger centerpiece; that’s up to prefers though. I wish you the best of luck and I hope you take my thoughts into consideration.

10. justcharli

the glass structure is supposed to be a fountain and yeah the vines keep growing and idk how to stop them :( thanks for your feedback btw!

11. justcharli

okay so i fixed it up a bit with the vines and the coral islands and personally i think it looks way better (also made the two knights have the same head because ocd)

[​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG]