• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Video Editing Question :)

evoon

Trusted Member
Hey guys! So recently I started trying to edit my videos, but whenever I try to import a new video to iMovie, it takes about 2 hours :/. Anyways, if any of you know how to make it go faster or a different editing software (that's compatible with mac) let me know below! Thx! ~imtotallyevan aka IMightBeEvan :D

CodeHerobrine

Trusted Member
Hey guys! So recently I started trying to edit my videos, but whenever I try to import a new video to iMovie, it takes about 2 hours :/. Anyways, if any of you know how to make it go faster or a different editing software (that's compatible with mac) let me know below! Thx! ~imtotallyevan aka IMightBeEvan :D
I use iMovie and it does not take that long.

RareMemez

it depends what you're using.
a. what OS X do you have
b. what version iMovie do you have
c. how long is the video
d. are you sure you're only importing that one video?

Kaios

Retired Staff
What are you using to record?

SAFollis

Trusted Member
Probably isn't a compressed video, try using another video recording software that compresses while recording.

evoon

Trusted Member
You know how there are events that you can create on iMovie? Could it be that I had so much content on that one event from past videos (from my old channel) that trying to import a new one to that event will lengthen the optimization process?

SAFollis

Trusted Member
You know how there are events that you can create on iMovie? Could it be that I had so much content on that one event from past videos (from my old channel) that trying to import a new one to that event will lengthen the optimization process?
It should only run what you're trying to make it run, not old things (unless you've loaded them)

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
I dont use iMovie (obviously since le PCMASTERRACE) but I do use WMM/AE, so if you ever need advice there ;)