• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Should I join back?

Be Staff Again?

• Yes

Votes: 13 40.6%
  • No

Votes: 19 59.4%

• Total voters

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
I know I just left a couple of days ago but so many people seem like they want me back and things have calmed down a bit. So should I come back to being staff?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Its up to you. But dont you have to reapply, be reaccepted, then get reinterviewed and everything? Or no?

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Tbh, being a staff should be something you personally feel qualified for, and Chris/Zainos believe you would fit in. The community's view of whether you should join back or not shouldn't change whether you would be a good staff member.

That said, you should be able to reapply once applications open again. I have not had to re-interview when I came back to staff, but its up to Chris. :)

Nootch

Trusted Member
Don't let the community decide, because there will be people who dislike you and people who will like you. That shouldn't base off your decision if more people like you and want you back.

It's up to you if YOU want to become staff again :)

touh

Trusted Member
I mean like Zainos has been here for like ever..... masterfireheart has been here for like, awhile. idk........ and they've been through the stuff that made you quit way longer then you were. and if you cannot handle something like that for a week and other people can for years, then I don't think you're fit for staff, dab flex turn up.

MineJam

Retired Staff
No one ever becomes a staff member because the community wants them too. It is ultimately up to you whether you think you should be staff or not. Creating this makes me feel like you don't need to be staff considering you are asking people who shouldn't have an effect on whether you want to apply or not.

Ps: A good staff member doesn't leave when it gets rough. A good staff member stays, especially when times get rough on the server. Nothing should need to calm down for you to be able to want to re-apply again.

Kuiah

Tbh, being a staff should be something you personally feel qualified for, and Chris/Zainos believe you would fit in. The community's view of whether you should join back or not shouldn't change whether you would be a good staff member.

That said, you should be able to reapply once applications open again. I have not had to re-interview when I came back to staff, but its up to Chris. :)
I feel qualified to "Moderate" 12 year olds that just bought the block game, aswell as toxic players such as myself. It would be something life changing, correct..

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I feel qualified to "Moderate" 12 year olds that just bought the block game, aswell as toxic players such as myself. It would be something life changing, correct..
You talk about 12 year olds but you acting like one of them? ;)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff

Exactly what _Bach_ said. Like I for example don't feel qualified for staff anymore like I did as all I realistically want to do is play 1 or 2 gamemodes on the server, and I don't come on too often and in honesty I simple don't want to go back to being a staff again for many reasons, adding to things I personally don't feel qualified for. Plus to the fact out of all the staff its fair to say I fitted in the worst out of all the staff at that time lol so I don't really think I could be a staff again for that reason too.

Also just as a side note, I know for sure I wouldn't get in even if I did want to re-apply lol, I'm too rude y'know, no comments needed.

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
I voted "no" because I think that if after leaving for a few days you already feel like coming back (due to a community shift of ALL THINGS) then you aren't really REALLY sure you want to come back. Being a staff member isn't about who the community wants but about who is not only qualified but also willing to make the community a better place. I've been given so much crap over the years for "moderating a minecraft server for kids" but HHG is the only community I ever play on and its the one I've cared about for nearly 4 years. I sometimes have my doubts, but then I remember my promise to the server to never leave the staff team willingly and to try and help as many people with life/troubles/getting some skin on the internet as possible.

Maybe in a year or two you can come back and decide if you are willing to better HHG, but until then I wouldn't reccomend for either of our sakes you rejoining the team.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I voted "no" because I think that if after leaving for a few days you already feel like coming back (due to a community shift of ALL THINGS) then you aren't really REALLY sure you want to come back. Being a staff member isn't about who the community wants but about who is not only qualified but also willing to make the community a better place. I've been given so much **** over the years for "moderating a minecraft server for kids" but HHG is the only community I ever play on and its the one I've cared about for nearly 4 years. I sometimes have my doubts, but then I remember my promise to the server to never leave the staff team willingly and to try and help as many people with life/troubles/getting some skin on the internet as possible.

Maybe in a year or two you can come back and decide if you are willing to better HHG, but until then I wouldn't reccomend for either of our sakes you rejoining the team.

^

Last edited: