• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Pvp targeting

ilymore

Ever been targeted in pvp? (By those in better kits)..Yeah me too..;-;
i was hoping if u could like warn people for targeting idek ive just been targeted allot lately and im not one of the best pvpers so its not like i can target back cricri so anyways yeah thats it :) Haz a gud dey

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
The whole point of pvp is targeting. Without any targets, you'd kill no one would you not? This would be insanely hard for the staff members to moderate also.
I totally agree with OLL_97, it would be somewhat preposterous to create a rule for this. The amount of false positives for targeting would be high more than likely. Everyone puts up with targets.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
This has been suggested before and recieved much dissaproval from the staff.

This thread talked specifiaclly about hardcore targeting, and was denied. I know I have seen a few other threads about targeting on both pvp, and sg, all of which have been denied.

Targetting is a part of the game. If you dont like it, get an op kit to kill the person targetting you; ignore it since its just an online game; or go play a different gamemode. I highly doubt targetting will ever be punishable

MineJam

Retired Staff
I don't think killing someone over and over again 10+ times should be allowed in my opinion.
There are very op kits on pvp. Some that would cost 70 dollars in real life, I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem
with is there being someone in warrior that doesn't say something that someone with an op kit would like, so they start to target them. Let me just say this, anyone that says "Any good pvper can kill a bm" You're lying straight up. No one can sit there in warrior and kill me when I am in black mamba, not even SShadow, and he is one of the best on KitPvP right now. Targeting is one of the annoying things to have to deal with and if staff can't keep up with people targeting than they are just plain lazy. There are many, many servers out there that have banned targeting for the reason of people leave the freaking server. Its annoying. If I wasn't good at pvp, I would leave if someone In Mario or Blackmamba was targeting me, and those aren't even the best kits...
Yeah you can say tactics and all sorts of bs but no below average pvper is going to have tactics, hell I don't even have tactics I just kill people.
There is a difference between being mad and annoying someone by killing them over and over and there not being enough people online to kill so they're the only target. It's disgusting watching someone get destroyed and raped by someone with an op kit, let alone get targeted by that person over and over again. As I said before it is not that hard to tell someone to not target someone and if a staff member can't make people follow a simple rule they shouldn't be staff in the first place. Now you may say, "Its pvp you're supposed to target" It is indeed pvp, where more than 20 people are usually on, there is no reason 1 person should be killed by the same person more than 5 times in a row, there is just no need for it when there are other people to kill. Oh but they say "I'm teamed with everyone else" most likely if there 20 or more people on its a load of horse **** and they're lying. If they aren't lying well than the person getting targeted would just need to get off. But just because there is some downfall to a suggestion doesn't mean it should be put down the way it is being put down. There is always an upside to a suggestion and if the outcome is better than the sacrifice than it should be added, and in my opinion it is.
Not everyone is good at pvp and in fact most people aren't the best, they shouldn't be killed by a kit that would cost 70$ irl over and over because they want to have fun. Yeah the point of pvp is to kill "Targets" But when have you seen the same target used 10 times in a row.

And the fact that there "Could" be a lot of false accusations isn't valid. So what? It would be like any other rule, record it, get proof and punish accordingly. There would be as many false accusations as there is when it comes to hackers. And most of any rule.
But then again, Its just an opinion.

Last edited:

ImTea

Retired Staff
I don't think killing someone over and over again 10+ times should be allowed in my opinion.
There are very op kits on pvp. Some that would cost 70 dollars in real life, I don't have a problem with that. What I have a problem
with is there being someone in warrior that doesn't say something that someone with an op kit would like, so they start to target them. Let me just say this, anyone that says "Any good pvper can kill a bm" You're lying straight up. No one can sit there in warrior and kill me when I am in black mamba, not even SShadow, and he is one of the best on KitPvP right now. Targeting is one of the annoying things to have to deal with and if staff can't keep up with people targeting than they are just plain lazy. There are many, many servers out there that have banned targeting for the reason of people leave the freaking server. Its annoying. If I wasn't good at pvp, I would leave if someone In Mario or Blackmamba was targeting me, and those aren't even the best kits...
Yeah you can say tactics and all sorts of bs but no below average pvper is going to have tactics, hell I don't even have tactics I just kill people.
There is a difference between being mad and annoying someone by killing them over and over and there not being enough people online to kill so they're the only target. It's disgusting watching someone get destroyed and raped by someone with an op kit, let alone get targeted by that person over and over again. As I said before it is not that hard to tell someone to not target someone and if a staff member can't make people follow a simple rule they shouldn't be staff in the first place. Now you may say, "Its pvp you're supposed to target" It is indeed pvp, where more than 20 people are usually on, there is no reason 1 person should be killed by the same person more than 5 times in a row, there is just no need for it when there are other people to kill. Oh but they say "I'm teamed with everyone else" most likely if there 20 or more people on its a load of horse **** and they're lying. If they aren't lying well than the person getting targeted would just need to get off. But just because there is some downfall to a suggestion doesn't mean it should be put down the way it is being put down. There is always an upside to a suggestion and if the outcome is better than the sacrifice than it should be added, and in my opinion it is.
Not everyone is good at pvp and in fact most people aren't the best, they shouldn't be killed by a kit that would cost 70$ irl over and over because they want to have fun. Yeah the point of pvp is to kill "Targets" But when have you seen the same target used 10 times in a row.

And the fact that there "Could" be a lot of false accusations isn't valid. So what? It would be like any other rule, record it, get proof and punish accordingly. There would be as many false accusations as there is when it comes to hackers. And most of any rule.
Unless they implemented a kill counter that notified staff at a certain amount of kills on one specific person then it would be hard for staff to catch because they would have to sit in kitpvp rather than moderating servers that need to be moderated at that time. Sure there are better kits but you can get some kits that are better than warrior by voting a few times. With those you can at least fight bm.

Side target: Why do people freaking call me out for targeting when we fight and then they in cross the entire map trying not to die but I kill them because do follow them. Like how tf is that targeting... its not like im gonna go and shoot a deer in the woods and leave it because it ran off. No I'm gonna go after the blood trail and get the deer. Like im not gonna waste my time to not finish the job...

ItzJinx

Now... I usually don't go on threads and leave remarks seeing i'm not targeted myself (I'm more OF a targeter), but this is insane. MineJam is completely right, though I don't agree with the lazy staff part (they're trying the best they can (or yea. they're lazy ._.)) but I agree with everything else. No average or underaverage pvper should get targetted, ESPECIALLY if it's by the same person. Now this can be easily stopped by saying "Could you please stop?" or "This is really irritating, can you not?" or "(Name) Teammate's can you please stop him in pm's", but if all else fails, it shouldn't be ignored, I target myself, but I only use warrior and flash and i've never killed anyone more than 6 times in a row. This is an annoying factor to KitPvP as i've seen some of my teammates who are "quite decent" like SShadow or 1elo just straight up go off on anyone who attacks me or just they don't "recognize". And to this... I call BS. Just because you don't recognize a friend of mine and because they might do a friendly little push or hit doesn't mean you should just beat the stuffing out of them. I've seen this happen many times as a matter of fact and it's the reason this server is dying now, either by the following: Drama, Targeting, Hating, Hackers (a normal substance in servers). Not to be rude either, but some of these mods (I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH ANY, IM ON GOOD TERMS), are just banning random people for looking like they're "HACKING" while even targeting someone else (I won't give any names). So MineJam is once again right, please make a rule, no matter how hard, if you can build humungous maps made of gold and get imtotallychris back, then by golly you can make some sort of rule or mechanic to stop targeting (I don't know a notifier of killing someone over 5 times? in a row in less than 5-7 minutes). Thanks :)

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Now... I usually don't go on threads and leave remarks seeing i'm not targeted myself (I'm more OF a targeter), but this is insane. MineJam is completely right, though I don't agree with the lazy staff part (they're trying the best they can (or yea. they're lazy ._.)) but I agree with everything else. No average or underaverage pvper should get targetted, ESPECIALLY if it's by the same person. Now this can be easily stopped by saying "Could you please stop?" or "This is really irritating, can you not?" or "(Name) Teammate's can you please stop him in pm's", but if all else fails, it shouldn't be ignored, I target myself, but I only use warrior and flash and i've never killed anyone more than 6 times in a row. This is an annoying factor to KitPvP as i've seen some of my teammates who are "quite decent" like SShadow or 1elo just straight up go off on anyone who attacks me or just they don't "recognize". And to this... I call BS. Just because you don't recognize a friend of mine and because they might do a friendly little push or hit doesn't mean you should just beat the stuffing out of them. I've seen this happen many times as a matter of fact and it's the reason this server is dying now, either by the following: Drama, Targeting, Hating, Hackers (a normal substance in servers). Not to be rude either, but some of these mods (I HAVE NO ISSUE WITH ANY, IM ON GOOD TERMS), are just banning random people for looking like they're "HACKING" while even targeting someone else (I won't give any names). So MineJam is once again right, please make a rule, no matter how hard, if you can build humungous maps made of gold and get imtotallychris back, then by golly you can make some sort of rule or mechanic to stop targeting (I don't know a notifier of killing someone over 5 times? in a row in less than 5-7 minutes). Thanks :)
You got one of those.

If we did implement a rule for this, it would be nearly impossible for the staff team to properly manage this. Even with the plugin ideas the other players in this thread suggested, it would spam us massively and we already have enough spam. PvP itself should have targeting. It creates a challenge. Regardless if they have an OP kit, you could still try. However, I do understand how frustrating it may be to PvP against someone with an OP kit whilst you have one of the beginners kits.

I am not sure if this has been suggested, but why not make a ranked arena to somewhat balance and help with the targeting issue?

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
You got one of those.

If we did implement a rule for this, it would be nearly impossible for the staff team to properly manage this. Even with the plugin ideas the other players in this thread suggested, it would spam us massively and we already have enough spam. PvP itself should have targeting. It creates a challenge. Regardless if they have an OP kit, you could still try. However, I do understand how frustrating it may be to PvP against someone with an OP kit whilst you have one of the beginners kits.

I am not sure if this has been suggested, but why not make a ranked arena to somewhat balance and help with the targeting issue?
We could implement this.. And/or implement something where you can only unlock, say the purchase of a kit once you reach a certain PvP rank. It would say what rank you have to be but not at what cost. Since there is I think 100 (correct me if I am wrong) ranks in PvP, God being the highest I think, it would make it more of a challenge. Now I am fully aware of some of the wrong/problems associated with it such as what about the people with all the kits etc. I am also aware that this is somewhat similar to imtotallychris' suggestion that you have to obtain a particular rank in order to be in another arena. So yeah that's what I have just thought of.

iiCrunch

o lord, targeting is part of pvp deal with it. but it would be pretty cool if they added a /disguise option for pvp. And if u get targeted by op kits simply get better and kill them. BMs are ez unless theyre mqjor or ryupvp.

MineJam

Retired Staff
I honestly rarely see people getting targeted, but when they do they should have an option to /disguise or be able to report them with proper evidence.

It would honestly be less of a worry than hackers in pvp. I guarantee that you would have more hacker reports in the long run than you would hacker reports. And no they wouldn't need a kill counter and you don't need a whole new arena lol. Literally all reports and /msg's to staff members. As i said again it doesn't happen that often.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It would be very easy to create false evidence by chaining together multiple videos of them attacking you, even if they werent targetting you.

MajorlyHacking

o lord, targeting is part of pvp deal with it. but it would be pretty cool if they added a /disguise option for pvp. And if u get targeted by op kits simply get better and kill them. BMs are ez unless theyre mqjor or ryupvp.
Thank you! But anyways, here's my opinion! Targeting is a part of pvp and you have to deal with it. If someone is targeting you, log off until they leave! If I get targeted by someone using an OP kit I get my OP kits out. Don't have an OP kit? Either buy one or like I would do if I didnt have OP kits, 1v1 people at spawn. If you don't like targeting don't play pvp!

MineJam

Retired Staff
It would be very easy to create false evidence by chaining together multiple videos of them attacking you, even if they werent targetting you.
All you would simply have to do to stop that is not accept videos that have been cut, have them make a video of them going out and be instantly targeted by someone over and over. If they are getting targeted it wouldn't be that hard to do.

MajorlyHacking

That's the problem, people leave and don't come back for that reason... You must not understand how annoying it is to have to leave a game because someone is salty and doesn't like you.
I see your point.. People would leave and possibly not buy coins for pvp or not buy a rank. And that would cause a loss of money for the server.