• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode Prison

Do you want Prison on this server?

• YES!

• No it's boring..

• I don't really care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Hey guys

Ok before you guys are saying #FactiosFirst then plz take some time to read this. :)

What is it!?
Ok if you don't know how prison works then it's basically like a vanilla kinda survival mode, the way it works is that there are different levels and you start on A all the way down to Z and first of, you start with a pick and some armor and have to mine stone and coal at the A level, you may ask now, can't I mine at B? No first of you need to have a stack of what item you can mine at that level you are on to get money, which you can buy rank ups for (level up).

PvP?
There are also PvP in Prisons servers which I think is very cool, cuz you get money for every single kill you get and yes if you got killed then the player who killed you have your items, you had on you while you were in the PvP arena.

Markets
There are also markets where you can buy from players and sell stuff too but you need to buy your own like "spot" if you want a place to sell some things.

My own house?
Plus you get a plot for your own house and can have your stuff in chests, the stuff you got from the ABC etc. levels. There should be like a command that says /makePrivate but you can't build at others plots if you not are /trusted.

But why

This is a good way to get more people to the server and maybe make a better and bigger community, who knows?

A copy!
And yes it is on other servers and no I won't say it's a copy for who started Survival games huh? What about creative and skywars? It's all games we have copied and every other server have copied! And maybe this server can have the best prison server in history?! (lol)

Any questions or suggestion? Then comment below I would like to hear your opinion! :D

Nootch

Trusted Member
Yeah, I don't play on the server really anymore but I agree prison is fun and could really make the server grow.

ParadoxTaco

i understand you would like prison, and I'm sure that plenty of people would agree with you, But. Build team does not have the time, a good prison has well built mines, shops, house plots, and so on. Build team, after factions, would be hoping to not work on any large scale projects after. also the amount of building it would take, unless you're willing to make a GOOD Map for prisons, imma have to say no. If you need more example then i would ask jammy (iijam) and as always #FACTIONSFIRST

ParadoxTaco

of course if any builders would like you counter my argument feel free, i myself would enjoy prison but as i stated above, the time it would take. Lastly we would need unique kits, mine designs, shops, plots, etc. Otherwise we would get called out for COPY

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
i understand you would like prison, and I'm sure that plenty of people would agree with you, But. Build team does not have the time, a good prison has well built mines, shops, house plots, and so on. Build team, after factions, would be hoping to not work on any large scale projects after. also the amount of building it would take, unless you're willing to make a GOOD Map for prisons, imma have to say no. If you need more example then i would ask jammy (iijam) and as always #FACTIONSFIRST
Well I see what you want and I see that it's a HARD work and yea I could build maps but like ... I'm not a good builder. And yes #factionsfirsg as always but if we get a lot of new people to the server then it's Worth it? I mean like worth it for you guys cuz you built it but I don't know what to say I'm blank

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
of course if any builders would like you counter my argument feel free, i myself would enjoy prison but as i stated above, the time it would take. Lastly we would need unique kits, mine designs, shops, plots, etc. Otherwise we would get called out for COPY
It's not a copy ... Survival games is a copy and creative OH and don't forget parkour

ParadoxTaco

It's not a copy ... Survival games is a copy and creative OH and don't forget parkour
I think your not fully understanding what I'm say. What i mean is our prison needs to be unique, otherwise, why should people come to it and not another servers prison? if our prison is the same as other, a copy, then there is no point in going to it.
Well I see what you want and I see that it's a HARD work and yea I could build maps but like ... I'm not a good builder. And yes #factionsfirsg as always but if we get a lot of new people to the server then it's Worth it? I mean like worth it for you guys cuz you built it but I don't know what to say I'm blank
sure it would bring tons of people, but it would take the builder team maybe a year, we are sorta limited on builders at the time. Also factions will keep old players on the server and bring in new ones. our factions is going to be very unique but until the main factions project is done.... any other large scale projects can not be built. This can stay a thread for future reference but until then... goodluck

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Lol I don't need a good luck what should I use it for :) it's like saying to a panda that she wears mascara.. Well I'm fully understandable about the unique thing but I don't know what's unique as a thing in prison cuz I have only played prison on one server so ... Well maybe I'll come up with a idea.

I didn't think this through ... Like with all the things behind it.

Asplia

I'll just try to stay in the background of this trying to help, 'cause I enjoy prison. First off: Have you ever actually played prison? It's usually just a standard spawn with a bulletin board of how to play, rules, warps, and whatnot. The warps themselves (ex: /warp (x)), are usually bigger boxes with some decoration and some designs. If you were to add plots, that's a simple flat world with outlined slabs copy and pasted throughout the plots. So the real job, the real work, would be on Zainos.
Second: it's prison for gods sake. You guys have a few gamemodes other people have, you'll be called copiers, what do you expect? It makes little to no difference if you were to add a prison gamemode. You'll get more love, more praise than harsh words. It doesn't have to have a "twist" or "special difference" on other servers, it just had to be good. How to make it good? That's not for me to answer, I'm simply pointin' out the flaws in your statement. (Some parts of this you might not understand, I'm terrible at explaining and using a phone rn. Just tell me and I'll re-explain it.) (no salt, no hate, just love<3)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
People will always call other servers out for stealing a servers idea. Take scbb for example, myself and zain, while I was staff had made a big effort to make the scbb different from the original, and people still called the server out for copying. No matter what game mode you can make 99% of the time it will exist on another server, and someone will call the server out for it. Don't worry about this.

ParadoxTaco

I'll just try to stay in the background of this trying to help, 'cause I enjoy prison. First off: Have you ever actually played prison? It's usually just a standard spawn with a bulletin board of how to play, rules, warps, and whatnot. The warps themselves (ex: /warp (x)), are usually bigger boxes with some decoration and some designs. If you were to add plots, that's a simple flat world with outlined slabs copy and pasted throughout the plots. So the real job, the real work, would be on Zainos.
Second: it's prison for gods sake. You guys have a few gamemodes other people have, you'll be called copiers, what do you expect? It makes little to no difference if you were to add a prison gamemode. You'll get more love, more praise than harsh words. It doesn't have to have a "twist" or "special difference" on other servers, it just had to be good. How to make it good? That's not for me to answer, I'm simply pointin' out the flaws in your statement. (Some parts of this you might not understand, I'm terrible at explaining and using a phone rn. Just tell me and I'll re-explain it.) (no salt, no hate, just love<3)
I have indeed have played plenty of prison, also this brings up another topic, will it be op prison? Cause diffrent types of prison can bring diffrent player bases. Op brings players looking for a simple yet time consuming while regular brings people looking for a more work required game type. Also, tho prison might need to look basic, build team want the server to look neat, also, fancy mines look nice and are enjoyable to view while digging/mining. The prisons that i have played have had very unique mines and i enjoyed viewing them. (Feel free to add criticism.) (No burgers, no burritos, just tacos <3)

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
I have indeed have played plenty of prison, also this brings up another topic, will it be op prison? Cause diffrent types of prison can bring diffrent player bases. Op brings players looking for a simple yet time consuming while regular brings people looking for a more work required game type. Also, tho prison might need to look basic, build team want the server to look neat, also, fancy mines look nice and are enjoyable to view while digging/mining. The prisons that i have played have had very unique mines and i enjoyed viewing them. (Feel free to add criticism.) (No burgers, no burritos, just tacos <3)
The mines from A to Z. Needs to be similar only the blocks like u can mine have to change so like A is stone and coal and Z is Dias gold and that good stuff...

Asplia

I don't deny that with a unique touch it will look better, I'm simply saying that it's prison, there's no need to have complex high detailed builds for it. Typically when you warp to a mine, it's a enclosed box with sell signs and a mine, most people won't be paying attention to the builds, they'll be focused in on mining, making deals, and whatever you might find yourself doing in prison. And if you really wanted to, you could start off with basic meh designs for the mines, then slowly push out map updates making the mines nicer. It would create hype and excitement for the players.(no burritos, no burgers, just ta-.. wait that's not mine)