• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Pokemon Sun and Moon Thoughts

Swagsire101

A new Sun and Moon trailer came out today featuring the final starter evolutions for Rowlet, Litten, and Popplio, as well as Alolan Persian, Cosmog, and the rest of the Island Guardians, and that's just the the new Pokémon! I wanted to know your thoughts on the games.
Also, it feels like everyone on the server either doesn't like Pokémon or they only play Pokémon GO bandwagoners and know nothing about the series. I need someone to talk to (Smoke I'm lookin at you).

MysticMusician

I'm happy that trainers like Cynthia, Wally, Red, and Blue will be in the game but so far I'm not overly looking forward to it. When I first saw Litten and Rowlet I thought they were cute, Popplio was just meh. Then came the second stage evolutions and Rowlett's second stage was just...ew. Then today I saw the final stages and I gotta say I think I hate all of them really. I think Popplio's final stage is actually the most nicely designed even though it was my least favorite. Also rowlett's final stage typing makes no sense, why Ghost? I also have hated all the Alolan forms so far, and I think meowth and persian have been some of the worst. They just made them grey, closed their eyes halfway and made their heads fatter. I played the demo, and it was just alright. I'm still going to get both the games probably, but I feel like they'll be my least favorite of the generations, it seems like it could beat out gen 5 for worst. I mean gen 5 gave us a bag of trash, but gen 7 is literally giving us a pile of sand named pilosand. I suppose I can't really judge it too much since I haven't played the full game yet, but from what I've seen, I don't get what the big hype is, and I don't see myself liking it.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Matt's Rant:
Pokémon (insert color or mineral here) is literally the same game over and over and over just with a few different Pokémon. I played a few games and I enjoyed them but after looking back on it they are too similar and this game looks no different.
3/10 does not recommend. You filthy Nintendo fans.

Swagsire101

EPICMATT88, the sun and moon aren't colors or minerals.
I am really hype for the games. A lot of people are hating on the games for bad Pokemon designs, and only giving one or two examples. I mean, Lurantis, Kommo-o, Alolan Marowak... They are all amazing. And Gen 1 had Muk, so don't go saying that it's perfect either. Decidueye is Ghost for many reasons, just look it up on YouTube. Alolan Persian is a result of inbreeding, which is pretty cool.
If you guys are going to hate, back it up with concrete evidence and do some research.
Now that I'm done with my mini-rant, I'm going with Sun and picking Popplio. This gen looks promising, I can't wait two weeks! Release it now!
Also, the more games that come out, the closer we get to Black/White remakes! I don't get the hate for Gen 5, it's my favorite gen, but I'll just leave it at that.

me32305

Matt's Rant:
Pokémon (insert color or mineral here) is literally the same game over and over and over just with a few different Pokémon. I played a few games and I enjoyed them but after looking back on it they are too similar and this game looks no different.
3/10 does not recommend. You filthy Nintendo fans.

This perfectly summed up why I no longer play Pokémon. Every "new" game they make is the same thing with worse characters.

EDIT - I forgot to mention, I didn't know Pokémon was still relevant. I only played Pokémon along with my friends when we were in 2nd-3rd grade

Swagsire101

CoroCoro gets it from Pokémon, Pokémon tells them to put it in the magazine. Usually it gets revealed shortly after CoroCoro leaks it, but since we are so close to release they probably won't reveal what CoroCoro leaked this morning.