• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Which is your favorite Johto Starter line?

• Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Cyndiquil, Quilava, Typhlosion

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Totodile, Croconaw, Feraligatr

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

Swagsire101

Grab yer phones, yer caps, and your running shoes, because Gen 2 is out my dudes.
Riding home from playing GO with my friend, bam Gen 2 comes out, so I stay out and catch some stuff, including an Octillery, Jumpluff, Ursaring, Sudowoodo, Wooper, and the first one, Skiploom.
And how about the new berries and stuff. Nanab which makes Pokémon slower/less jumpy and movey, and Pinap, which doubles Candy.
Speaking of Candy, some Pokémon give more of it. For example, a basic Pokémon like Bulbasaur will give you 3 Candy, but a Stage 1 like Ivysaur gives 5 Candy, and a Stage 2 like Venusaur will give 10 Candy!
And the new evolutions, too! Metal Coat, Sun Stone, Dragon Scale, Kings Rock, and Up-Grade. Metal Coat is for Onix -> Steelix and Scyther -> Scizor, Sun Stone is for Gloom -> Bellossom, Dragon Scale is for Seadra -> Kingdra, Kings Rock is for Poliwhirl -> Politoad and Slowpoke -> Slowbro, and Up-Grade is for Porygon -> Porygon2. So, for example, to evolve a Scyther into a Scizor, you would use a Metal Coat and 50 Scyther Candy. To get Politoad, you would use a Kings Rock and 100 Poliwag Candy. With this comes some modifications to evolution costs. Zubat -> Golbat, Horsea -> Seadra, to name a few, have been changed from 50 Candy to 25 Candy, to go with their evolutions and not blowing 150 Candy. You get these new evolution items from PokeStops.
New Eevee tricks, too. Name your Eeevee "Sakura" to evolve into Espeon, and "Tamoa" for Umbreon. These tricks only work once, however, so keep that in mind. People believe that to get Espeon and Umbreon afterwards, you must walk 10km with Eevee as your Buddy Pokémon, and evolve that Eevee. Not entirely sure, will keep you updated. (If you're wondering which one has a higher CP, which I bet you are, Espeon's is similar to Vaporeon's, and Umbreon's is similar to Jolteon's, meaning Espeon has the higher CP. Umbreon will be able to counter the Espeon you are bound to find in the Gyms, however, so keep that in mind.)
Not all of the new evolutions need items, either. Chansey -> Blissey, Golbat -> Crobat, and the prementioned Eevee -> Espeon and Eevee -> Umbreon.

So did you guys find anything? Take a screenshot and post it to imgur.com, then leave the link below. I'd love to see what you get!
I will update this threat whenever more significant information is revealed, keep in mind it was only released less than 9 hours ago, so we don't have much.
Alright, going to get some sleep, it's 1:40 AM.
And no team arguing bs either. This is for discussing Gen 2 and other things, not bickering about colors and birds.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
I would get it again but I'd get bored again within a week like last time. Sounds like a good update tho

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
you must walk 10km with Eevee as your Buddy Pokémon
That's not confirmed, a random dude in reddit said that but I think after you used your name trick it's just a random chance to get an Espeon/Umbreon, just like it worked before. The "Evolution via friendship" thing doesn't exist in Pokemon go because otherwise Goldbat -> Crobat, Chansey -> Blissey and the babies evolutions would have been forced to follow that too.
. (If you're wondering which one has a higher CP
Umbreon is a **** in terms of max cp unfortunately, it's the only not op eeveelution xD More info at https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/pokemon-list (sort by max cp)
But yeah

GEN 2 HYPE!

Le screenshot of Heracross, the south america region exclusive Pokemon c: It was time we finally got a region exclusive, lol! (I'm Trainer level 32 btw)

Screenshot_20170218-040503.png

Swagsire101

That's not confirmed, a random dude in reddit said that but I think after you used your name trick it's just a random chance to get an Espeon/Umbreon, just like it worked before. The "Evolution via friendship" thing doesn't exist in Pokemon go because otherwise Goldbat -> Crobat, Chansey -> Blissey and the babies evolutions would have been forced to follow that too.
I said "People believe" and "not entirely sure", I know it isn't confirmed. :p
Also, if you want reliable sources, go to https://thesilphroad.com or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrtyNMe3xtv3CLg5QR78HzQ, both are extremely trustworthy. :^)