• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Gamemode New kit pvp

Goood idea?

• Yes

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No

Votes: 11 64.7%

• Total voters

PenguinPeople

What: A new style of kit pvp
Who: the kits of SCBB, complete with abilities and double jump. Everyone gets access to the generic classes but the gem classes still cost gems. Rank classes still require rank
Where: a new kit pvp arena with vertical elements as well as holes, similar to a SCBB map.
Why: something unique to this server, allows for players who are bad at soup pvp to still have a fun kit pvp experience, gives something for the soup pvp players to get better at, allows people to have the fun and chaos of scbb with even more than 4 to a match.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
So basically an FFA arena in SCBB? I don't think this should be added to the main pvp server, since it is so different from soup or pot pvp

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
A similar idea I'm working on is a kitpvp map that encourages knockback type PVP. A map where you can hit people into lava/void/etc. easily. I figure a way to balance kits, is by making maps where other kits have solid advantages.

Also I luv using slapper on jungle ^-^

Fu3rza

is it really needed? Everything will still be the same, people who are good will still dominate the arena and you can't just have all the kits of SCBB, you'll have to add more at some point in time. If not then it'll just die out quickly. Also i think not many people would play it because people like how the normal pvp is already, they have their own kits and such and i don't know how many kits are in scbb but they'll want more kits.

PenguinPeople

is it really needed? Everything will still be the same, people who are good will still dominate the arena and you can't just have all the kits of SCBB, you'll have to add more at some point in time. If not then it'll just die out quickly. Also i think not many people would play it because people like how the normal pvp is already, they have their own kits and such and i don't know how many kits are in scbb but they'll want more kits.
The first point of the same people will dominate is untrue due to the fact that the leader boards for pvp and scbb have none of the same top 50 ish players (excluding XV_Scorpion_VX ) so the top people will have a more diverse group to play against (people from pvp and scbb). As for the kit situation there is 56 kits for scbb and only 54 for kit pvp, making scbb have more content in addition to item drops mid game. As for people liking normal pvp there is a large group of either unskilled soup pvp players or players who just straight up don't like soup pvp, so adding random elements as well as vertical aspects and knocking opponents off will create a new experience that newer players to pvp might find easier and more fun.

Fu3rza

The first point of the same people will dominate is untrue due to the fact that the leader boards for pvp and scbb have none of the same top 50 ish players (excluding XV_Scorpion_VX ) so the top people will have a more diverse group to play against (people from pvp and scbb). As for the kit situation there is 56 kits for scbb and only 54 for kit pvp, making scbb have more content in addition to item drops mid game. As for people liking normal pvp there is a large group of either unskilled soup pvp players or players who just straight up don't like soup pvp, so adding random elements as well as vertical aspects and knocking opponents off will create a new experience that newer players to pvp might find easier and more fun.
again quoting from the good people part, it won't matter if they go on soup pvp or this pvp, they will dominate still. They might not be on the leader board but they CAN go for it, they have the potential for it. Does this GM really need item drops? Seems rather unfair for some people to have it, its like people with better kits killing weaker people.

PenguinPeople

All scbb kits with the exception of normal wither are viable, nothing is too op except for wither skeleton which should get a limited amount of shots in this gamemode. The ability to be knocked off and random item drops will allow worse players to get lucky at times and win. As opposed to the current pvp system where there is no hope for a bad player to win.
again quoting from the good people part, it won't matter if they go on soup pvp or this pvp, they will dominate still. They might not be on the leader board but they CAN go for it, they have the potential for it. Does this GM really need item drops? Seems rather unfair for some people to have it, its like people with better kits killing weaker people.

Fu3rza

Still not liking the idea of a new Gamemode
All scbb kits with the exception of normal wither are viable, nothing is too op except for wither skeleton which should get a limited amount of shots in this gamemode. The ability to be knocked off and random item drops will allow worse players to get lucky at times and win. As opposed to the current pvp system where there is no hope for a bad player to win.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
If yoshi hasn't changed it's a biiittt op. (Stomp, etc. and all)

also ws isn't _as_ op, still op but, it gets caught on vines, ladders, etc. (non-solid blocks) and most shots take down half health and with the recharge + bad melee you can immediately charge them once they shoot.

Fifa_Josh

I love the idea but it would be good for kit pvp as a gamemode itself. I believe this because kit pvp already has a limited amount of players at times. So if some people switch to that kind of gamemode and other people stay neither game would have enough players to truly make the game a success. It would be a waste of time to create the maps, install the plugins, and to tweak the plugins to fit.

PenguinPeople

If yoshi hasn't changed it's a biiittt op. (Stomp, etc. and all)

also ws isn't _as_ op, still op but, it gets caught on vines, ladders, etc. (non-solid blocks) and most shots take down half health and with the recharge + bad melee you can immediately charge them once they shoot.
It is all about how you use it ;) scbb is full of strong classes that it is hard to pick the "best" one

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
A similar idea I'm working on is a kitpvp map that encourages knockback type PVP. A map where you can hit people into lava/void/etc. easily. I figure a way to balance kits, is by making maps where other kits have solid advantages.

Also I luv using slapper on jungle ^-^
Slapped boy :). And I like the idea