• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

SCBB Nerf Scorpion

What fixes should be made?

• Change sword

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Change pull

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Change fireball

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Complete rework

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Leave it as is

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PenguinPeople

The new scorpion class from what I've seen from personal play, and playing against it, is far too op.

The new class has the non nerfed version (ability to use it while in air or on the ground) of notch pull ability, with unlimited uses, short cooldown, and the ability to use it on the closest character even if you're not looking at them.

Now this in itself is pretty broken, since notch was considerably weaker and had to be nerfed. But you have also given the class one of the strongest weapons in the game with an iron sword. As well as an ability to set people on fire.

Even for 600 coins this is busted

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Huh, good to know I'm really OP. But for real though I agree the pull probably should be nerfed to the point you need to look at the player and hit them properly to pull them in. And if the cooldown needs nering I'd suggest turning it to a 45 second cooldown. Also the sword is meant to be very powerful, however if it is seen as being too powerful maybe giving the class weakness 1 would fix that as a different weapon with Scorpion would look weird.

(The weakness could actually work too to suite the character as Scorpion being an undead ninja in Mortal Kombat is not as strong as his human form, as are all the other revenants in Mortal Kombat X, which could represent the weakness in the class. Just a bit of point and relation there)

PenguinPeople

(The weakness could actually work too to suite the character as Scorpion being an undead ninja in Mortal Kombat is not as strong as his human form, as are all the other revenants in Mortal Kombat X, which could represent the weakness in the class. Just a bit of point and relation there)
Alternatively keep the weapon and class the same and with each death add on weakness.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Alternatively keep the weapon and class the same and with each death add on weakness.
Well no that wouldn't really work. If you did that and you were a decent player Scorpion would literally become weak as hell after like 4-5 kills. Also even in the actually Mortal Kombat game Scorpion doesn't get weaker when he kills people, he is just weaker in his undead state than when he becomes a human, same as Sub-Zero, Jax, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana and the rest of the reverents. Just put weakness 1 on it, and it will make the attack slightly less powerful.

PenguinPeople

Well no that wouldn't really work. If you did that and you were a decent player Scorpion would literally become weak as hell after like 4-5 kills. Also even in the actually Mortal Kombat game Scorpion doesn't get weaker when he kills people, he is just weaker in his undead state than when he becomes a human, same as Sub-Zero, Jax, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana and the rest of the reverents. Just put weakness 1 on it, and it will make the attack slightly less powerful.
It isn't for each kill, it is for each users death. Making him a high risk high reward character. Similar to charged creeper or to some extent noteblock, both of which have glaring weaknesses but with some skill,luck,map can be effective.
I am aware it makes it less lore friendly but it would nerf him quite a bit, I am just spit balling ideas.