• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Name Changes

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
I'm getting quite a bit of messages about name changing. Let me paste this entry that was made on happy-hg.com but it's quite old so it may not be easy to look for.

As everyone sure have already heard, in 1.8 there will be a new Minecraft feature that lets you to change your In-game name. Don’t worry, by changing it you won’t lose your VIP rank or you won’t be unbanned (if you are) because of your UUID (Unique identifier). For More Information, read this FAQ Below:
Happy Hunger Games FAQ:
  • Will I keep my VIP rank after changing my in-game name? Yes! Your rank is linked to your UUID, a unique identifier linked to your Mojang account (not your Minecraft username!). When you change your name, your UUID stays the same, so you will always keep your rank.
  • Can I use a namechange to evade a ban? No. Bans are also linked to your UUID.
  • Will I keep my Game-modes statistics (like the /sg stats) after changing my in-game name? Yes! Statistics are also linked to your UUID.
  • I have been banned because my in-game name is inappropriate/offensive, can I get unbanned after changing my name? Yes! After changing your in-game name to something that follows our rules, you can submit a ban appeal at http://www.happy-hg.com/forum/