• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Muted for speaking a diff language?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda_Wolf11

I was only said a few words in Spanish nothing bad, but when I tried to msg my friend I got muted!!!!! Wtf?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad: Why did I get muted???

MineJam

Retired Staff
Again, if people would read the rules it says to NOT speak a different language because it is an english server and other people can not understand what you are saying. You could be cussing at them, saying innapropriate things, giving threats such as Ddossing and what not. There are rules for a reason they don't make them for no reason they have great reasoning behind it.

Kuiah

Again, if people would read the rules it says to NOT speak a different language because it is an english server and other people can not understand what you are saying. You could be cussing at them, saying innapropriate things, giving threats such as Ddossing and what not. There are rules for a reason they don't make them for no reason they have great reasoning behind it.
How this may be in the rules, don't you think Zainos should enforce it to players such as Lowvex, Unitus, and Execution? It's a tad unfair that these such players are able to speak in Spanish, etc, while others such as this player are punished for it.

MineJam

Retired Staff
How this may be in the rules, don't you think Zainos should enforce it to players such as Lowvex, Unitus, and Execution? It's a tad unfair that these such players are able to speak in Spanish, etc, while others such as this player are punished for it.
proof of statement? And staff can speak in other languages to ask the person to stop.

Fu3rza

I was only said a few words in Spanish nothing bad, but when I tried to msg my friend I got muted!!!!! Wtf?!?!?!:mad::mad::mad: Why did I get muted???
The only time you are allowed to speak a different language is when a staff member is ONLINE and can speak that certain language, if they are not on, it is not recommended

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Talking in other languages is allowed as long as there's a staff member who understands the language and can control the situation in case the players break the rules (Swear, disrespect, etc.). Hope that clarifies things :)

MineJam

Retired Staff
Yeah its ("recommended") that you just message that person instead of putting it in Global chat. There won't always be a staff on so if you're speaking to someone directly just /msg that person.

Kuiah

Talking in other languages is allowed as long as there's a staff member who understands the language and can control the situation in case the players break the rules (Swear, disrespect, etc.). Hope that clarifies things :)
Ah, thanks.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Staff cannot mute a player for speaking another language, they can only mute players who ignore warnings about speaking other languages in global chat. Even so, you won't be muted ever for speaking another language, it would be because you failed to comply to several warnings by the staff that was talking to you. You are allowed to use different languages in private message, and in RP chat.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Staff cannot mute a player for speaking another language, they can only mute players who ignore warnings about speaking other languages in global chat. You are allowed to use different languages in private message, and in RP chat.
Except in the case of a report?

Kuiah

proof of statement? And staff can speak in other languages to ask the person to stop.
¿Por qué necesito la prueba de la declaración? Su segundo punto que usted hizo no tiene correlación con mi declaración.

Zeronite

¿Cuál es el problema con hablar un idioma diferente de todos modos?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
We do not mute players reported for speaking different languages, as only a online staff can tell a player to stop. Reporting a player for speaking a different language isn't punishable by a report. Nor it is punishable by that reasoning.
I really think we need Zainos to clarify this publicly, because _Smokescreen_ says it might be reportable, EL3CTR1CST0RM says it's not; and I don't know which to believe.

IMG_8897.jpg

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
¿Por qué necesito la prueba de la declaración? Su segundo punto que usted hizo no tiene correlación con mi declaración.
¿Cuál es el problema con hablar un idioma diferente de todos modos?
As an Argentine and being spanish my first language, I find it very funny how you tryharded that with google translator, since we all know google translates things without coherence and cohesion. So gg
I really think we need Zainos to clarify this publicly, because _Smokescreen_ says it might be reportable, EL3CTR1CST0RM says it's not; and I don't know which to believe.

View attachment 15584
Reporting a player for speaking a different language is not a valid report since, as it was said above, it's not always an offence. Smoke must have misunderstood your question

- Anyway, since the questions got answered and this is going off topic, thread locked

Status
Not open for further replies.