• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Creative Minecraft IDs

evoon

Trusted Member
Hey, it's evan, and I know I left the server a while back lol, but I thought of this idea that might be good for creative. So basically, there could be a book for mocking jays when they join creative, that has all the minecraft block IDs in it. It would make it a lot easier for people starting out with world edit, and I think it would be helpful. By the way, for you defaults that are reading this and are like "well why can't we get one!?" it's just because world edit is only available for mockingjay rank (as far as I know).

~Evan ;)

Nootch

Trusted Member
I like this sort of idea, since I'm always having to look up block ids on my phone, and I hate to take that much time up if I'm building for someone

Trenly

Admin
Admin
F3+H at the same time. Hover over an item in your inventory.

Also, //info on an item (I use a stick) and then right clicking tells you the block id and block state of whichever block you just clicked

I see no need for a book to clutter the inventory. Also, it takes time to look through a book when you can search your inventory or google very quickly

Last edited:

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
F3+H at the same time. Hover over an item in your inventory.

Also, //info on an item (I use a stick) and then right clicking tells you the block id and block state of whichever block you just clicked

I see no need for a book to clutter the inventory
I do it would make it a lot easier for the new players and new ppl of HHG to see what are the id's for the blocks and just for new ppl with MJ. Also you are a experienced builder you have learned them and know them. For ppl who do not know them they might rage and get mad over not knowing them.
And it will just save so much time.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I do it would make it a lot easier for the new players and new ppl of HHG to see what are the id's for the blocks and just for new ppl with MJ. Also you are a experienced builder you have learned them and know them. For ppl who do not know them they might rage and get mad over not knowing them.
You make no sense.

I dont have any of the block id's memorized. If you press F3 and H at the same time and then release, when you hover over a block in the creative inventory, it shows its name and block id number, as well as a variety of other things. Anyone can use it, its built into all vanilla clients and works with forge and optifine as far as I am aware.

Edit: here is what I am talking about

Last edited:
Reactions: mat

mat

Just saying, I don't think anyone would rage over not knowing a block id when google is the simple answer.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Just go to this website here.

They have ALL blocks and you can SEARCH them. Having a book would 1. Take a massive amount of time to make and 2. Be very difficult to use/organise.

Just use this website (its all I ever use, and its amazing!) and keep the tab open in your browser while you play :)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Just go to this website here.

They have ALL blocks and you can SEARCH them. Having a book would 1. Take a massive amount of time to make and 2. Be very difficult to use/organise.

Just use this website (its all I ever use, and its amazing!) and keep the tab open in your browser while you play :)
Great thanks

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Of course there are exceptions that you may need to use the ID, but that wasn't the point -_- Just use the names and if you don't know one or it happens something like that then google up the ID, is that hard?
Lol. Of course its not hard.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Of course there are exceptions that you may need to use the ID, but that wasn't the point -_- Just use the names and if you don't know one or it happens something like that then google up the ID, is that hard?
Ditto this. Sometimes you want something specific, but sometimes, its just silly to spend the time looking up the ID.