• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mario=Trash

Do you think mario should be removed

• Yes, it is dumb

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • No, it is dumb

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saword

Allright, every good pvper is sick and tired of the Mario kit. It does way too much danmage, and it is just annoying in general. There are no counter kits for it, and people just spam it forever, and it ruins the game. Even if you are good enough to get it down to low health, then they just pot spam and eat a god apple. It is completely ridiculous and really needs to be changed, but preferably removed. I am posting a vote in the bottom, if you play pvp vote pl0x. If you like Mario (Eww) vote no, if you don't vote yes. Thanks that's all I have to say.

Missteddi

Ok so in 1.8 if each sharpness level adds 1.25 to the overall damage and mario has a sharpness 7 mushroom then it's going to do 8.75 ( Miner Does more damage where's that thread? ). People also complain about it's armor yeah it's Protection 4 LEATHER but it's no protection 4 Diamond or Iron it is hardly OP

Saword

It is when you add the jump boost, the fire, the pots, and the god apple when it becomes OP, the jump boost throws people off, the fire makes people completely blind, and when you start to get them low, they pot spam you, and or eat there god apple and become invincible. It is the combination which makes it OP.

Missteddi

Granted the pots and God Apples can be annoying but when they use the God Apple then Mario doesn't have speed so you can just run away until it wears off. Pots if used well are op but that's if it's used well even then they have a limited suplly of both God Apples and Pots unlike other special abilities. The jump boost is useful to get to higher locations where others are hiding but that's about it other than escaping hits from miner which is quite op once again if used well (Or even not)

Xistencee

Trusted Member
There have been so many people complaining about this kit tbh, just use a better kit than it e.g Black Mamba, Miner etc etc.

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Mario's a hard kit to kill, I'd just get rid of the Jump Boost and I think it would be easier for some players.

Zinex

Yes, Mario is a retarded kit. But if you're complaining about kits being too op, shouldn't you be complaining about Black Mamba? Everyone agrees on how it's the best kit and yet it only costs 3k.
If the staff decides to get rid of Mario, there will be a long list of other kits they'll need to change.

Missteddi

Marios jump is one of the things that makes it even good if it were to be taken it would be completely ruined.
Miner has speed but that isn't getting taken away therefore niether should Marios jump despite what people say Mario can be easy to kill like with miner 5 hits or so you just have to be better than the other player and it's quite fair considering different kits do different things and can counter-act others

Saword

Miner is NOT OP for many reasons. Miner has NO ARMOR compared to any other kit besides Fighter, miners big brother. Miner is balanced for that reason, and it takes skill because you need quick reflexes, most people can two hit crit a miner and a fighter.

Saword

since you cant two hit a Mario with fighter or Miner, you can see how miner and fighter are not OP

Saword

I also agree that Black mamba is OP, but all it needs is an armor change and it is fine. Mario needs a big change

Missteddi

You say skill is a factor when you're fighting a miner with a miner that really isn't the case as anyone than has a CPS of 5 or higher is going to get destroyed by this kit it also does kill any kit with in 9 - 10 hit which can't be said for fighter

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Yes, Mario is a retarded kit. But if you're complaining about kits being too op, shouldn't you be complaining about Black Mamba? Everyone agrees on how it's the best kit and yet it only costs 3k.
If the staff decides to get rid of Mario, there will be a long list of other kits they'll need to change.

Tbh all you have done is moan about KitPvP on this server, you have moaned about the kits, about the teaming, anything else? I agree this kit does need to be less OP or cost more coins.

Missteddi

If the kit was to be changed the only thing that should even be considered then it would be to remove the Golden Apple so that it doesn't give any amount of time Immune But that's all

Zinex

Tbh all you have done is moan about KitPvP on this server, you have moaned about the kits, about the teaming, anything else? I agree this kit does need to be less OP or cost more coins.
Since when is suggesting something to a server considered moaning? And how does what I said above come across as moaning to you? I'm against changing anything. Also, besides those two things, what else did I "moan" about? Be a bit more specific sunshine.

+ Stop moaning about me moaning.

Love all the haters. They keep me from hanging myself.
Peace <3

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
The people who use mario to potspam one guy can be annoying (I only use pots when the time seems right in a crowd/in a pinch)

But overall, it really isnt hard to kill a mario with another mario/black mamba. People who say its too OP probably haven't used it before (leather armor isnt very good js).

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
I disagree. It's easy to run away from a Mario cuz Mario has jump boost and personally I think that is so annoying cuz ( if I was Mario ) you can't hit the player you are targeting...

Well if this kit has to be changed cuz it's too OP... Then vv
  • Instead of a notch Apple ... A gapple just a normal golden Apple
  • The prize has to be higher maybe just with 250 coins or something

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
I agree entirely, Mario should be nerfed, definitely, I wouldn't completely remove it as its a classic kit, and still quite cool in some ways, or could be at least. In my opinion, there are many other kits that need altering of coins and power levels (e.g. Fighter needs to have strength 2 back to be worth 4000 coins) but Mario in particular is the most annoying. Yes, you can run away from Mario as they cant enderpearl and have the jump boost that makes then jump slower. However, pvp is about fighting other players, not running away from certain kits and fighting others, and you realistically cant kill marios with pure pvp skills alone, you either need to be lucky, have a teammate to help you or you are very, very skilled and the Mario doesn't use their pots, which are a 2 direct-hit kill and the God apple, which makes them for a good while, almost invincible. But, instead of moaning constantly, I will make a structured suggestion for how it can be balanced.

1. Give the kit protection 2 instead of protection 4, a kit costing 2000 coins and having a jump boost should not have maxed out armor, especially as in most actual Mario games, Mario in most games dies in 1 hit, so less armor is my simple solution to this.

2. Make the mushroom sharpness 5 instead of 7, or however OP it is. Considering that only a few kits have more power in hits than it does, and a kit that cost the same amount as it does, Rider, does 7 hp of damage instead of 8.75 and has less armor (Way less), so it should do less damage, the fire damage is fine as its not to much of a problem, as water is available in every map.

3. (BY FAR THE MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THE KIT). For gods sake do something about the pots. Since no kits are resistant to pots, and no, armor doesn't affect how much pot damage does, Mario can 4-3, and sometimes 2 hit players. This is ridiculously powerful, as in a group of people fighting, whatever the kit, Mario can use its jump to sail over the fight, and spam a load of pots on the fight, killing everyone and spoiling the fun, and getting the Mario a load of kills using almost no skill. My suggestion here would not to nerf the damage, and do something more productive with it. In scbb the creeper has a second or 2 gap in-between when it can throw pots, so it doesn't make the kit unfairly powerful to low jumping kits. This was something myself and Zain came up with for the same problem as Mario has now, so if this was added to pvp, the pots would still be powerful, but would balance the kit and make the Mario user have to use some timing when they threw their pots.

4. Simply get rid of the God apple. Considering you can soup as well as this in pvp, the God apple only makes it so you don't have to soup at first (Or die) and when the regen wears off, you don't have to soup so much as the resistance will block out most of the hits, and since pvp isn't like it used to be, where the apple was needed as many of the other coin kits had gapples to keep them alive as soup refills weren't a thing back then, having one now where the other kits don't doesn't give the kit much point having it anymore.

Those are my suggestions. I would also like to thank Saword for bringing this up, I was going to bring it up soon myself as I as getting frustrated about it, but as you brought it up, I no longer need to, so thanks.

Last edited:

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
, My suggestion here would not to nerf the damage, and do something more productive with it. In scbb the creeper has a second or 2 gap in-between when it can throw pots, so it doesn't make the kit unfairly powerful to low jumping kits. This was something myself and Zain came up with for the same problem as Mario has now, so if this was added to pvp, the pots would still be powerful, but would balance the kit and make the Mario user have to use some timing when he threw his pots.

Yea this is a good idea... I like it

Zinex

They hit you with fire aspect 127...boom caught up unless you find water
Not with your speed kit. :p

By the way, for some reason, when I use my Mario kit, pots don't effect me as much. So maybe armor does protect you from pots.
I do agree that they should change the Mario kit (no gapple and less pots), but if they do, I would fully expect them to change the Black Mamba kit as well since it is way more powerful than the Mario kit (I would get rid of nearly all the enderpearls).

Last edited:

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Not with your speed kit. :p

By the way, for some reason, when I use my Mario kit, pots don't effect me as much. So maybe armor does protect you from pots.
I do agree that they should change the Mario kit (no gapple and less pots), but if they do, I would fully expect them to change the Black Mamba kit as well since it is way more powerful than the Mario kit (I would get rid of nearly all the enderpearls).

Tbh Black Mamba isn't an OP kit, it's just the jump boost that gives it an advantage.