• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

X-Run Lives

Should Lives be removed?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I know that X-Run is in a beta test right now but I think it would be better if there were infinite lives because it gives the less experienced players a higher chance without putting as much pressure onto them and if someone was AFK then they could win without even leaving the starting platform, I had to make this forum thread in 2 minutes, so it's not very detailed, but I'm sure you get the idea. XD
I know that lives are meant to put on more pressure and give a challenge on the Server, but X-Run is such a rage inducing game as it is without lives having to be put in, I hope you agree with this. =P

_Bach_

Retired Staff
The problem is that games would be infinetely long and have no definite end. Lives allow there to be a turnover rate on the servers. Also, as you said, lives add a challenge to the gamemode that wouldnt exist previously (example- parkour)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I thought that there was already a thread on this. . .

Lives are a part of x-run. The point of x-run is to not die while parkouring at high speed. I think the lives system is good

Shadow_Squadron

Retired Staff
Like Bach and Trenly stated above lives on X-Run are there for a reason, it is to make it more challenging knowing you have a certain amount of lives to complete the map in. But it isn't exactly like you do not get a lot of lives in the first place, the removal of lives would indeed just make games drag on especially if it's a really difficult map and all players involved are barely able to make it past a certain checkpoint. I feel like X-Run is working perfectly well with the current lives that you get for each map as of right now and like what has happened with some maps if it is too challenging to do it with the lives you get at the start then it will be changed so you have more lives. Anyway that's what I think.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Like Bach and Trenly stated above lives on X-Run are there for a reason, it is to make it more challenging knowing you have a certain amount of lives to complete the map in. But it isn't exactly like you do not get a lot of lives in the first place, the removal of lives would indeed just make games drag on especially if it's a really difficult map and all players involved are barely able to make it past a certain checkpoint. I feel like X-Run is working perfectly well with the current lives that you get for each map as of right now and like what has happened with some maps if it is too challenging to do it with the lives you get at the start then it will be changed so you have more lives. Anyway that's what I think.
It would be easy just to add a timer onto it instead of a certain number of lives.

Shadow_Squadron

Retired Staff
Not really, in my opinion a timer would be worse than a certain amount of lives. You were just talking about making the lives infinite so that it had to end when someone finished but instead you now change your point so that it'd be a timer instead?
At least when you have an amount of lives you don't have to worry so much about time but instead just how many lives you have left to get from where you are to the finish. Also, how long would you make the timer? Because that would change a lot about the game if you were to put a timer in place.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
Not really, in my opinion a timer would be worse than a certain amount of lives. You were just talking about making the lives infinite so that it had to end when someone finished but instead you now change your point so that it'd be a timer instead?
At least when you have an amount of lives you don't have to worry so much about time but instead just how many lives you have left to get from where you are to the finish. Also, how long would you make the timer? Because that would change a lot about the game if you were to put a timer in place.
Just like the lives, the timer would depend on how easy or difficult the levels are.