• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Hub Homophobic Rule

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicylies

This thread was created a while ago and I will restate what I stated then.
I believe it should be kept blocked for the following reasons.
1. This is a PG server with kids on it. It is not in our position to be teaching kids about these words.
2. There is really no reason to even say it as I don't go around saying "I'M STRAIGHT EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!!"
3. People still use it as an insult and use it for discriminatory purposes.
4. This is a Minecraft server, we don't need to be talking about this stuff, people come here to get away from life and to relax and don't want to have to deal with this.
It's a PG-13 server. You said people come to the server to relax. Maybe they wanna relax by talking about LGBT because they don't know anyone in the LGBT community in real life and the person's parents are homophobic and he/she is scared to tell them.

I would also like to point out that les, trans, bi, and pan are just short ways of saying different sexualites and they are not blocked on HHG so I think that the word she stated shouldn't be blocked.

AppleGlacier

Retired Staff
It's a PG-13 server. You said people come to the server to relax. Maybe they wanna relax by talking about LGBT because they don't know anyone in the LGBT community in real life and the person's parents are homophobic and he/she is scared to tell them.

I would also like to point out that les, trans, bi, and pan are just short ways of saying different sexualites and they are not blocked on HHG so I think that the word she stated shouldn't be blocked.
They can add people on Skype, Discord, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, or whatever other form of communication they want to use. Also, for the majority of people talking about the LGBT community is not their way of relaxing as it can get heated pretty quickly. Furthermore, as myself and many others have stated in others comments it's also not just that, the majority of the reason is because of the way the word is used, as the word homosexual isn't blocked.

SAFollis

Trusted Member

Yes if you're LGBT ask one of our 9-12 year old experts on the server!

also: trans can mean transitioning for anything. Ex, I made a program to create a cylinder and I did createTransCyl for creating a transitioning cylinder, which would be x and 1-x of each cylinder.
bi means 2, bicycle, billion (sorta confusing since it's 10^9, so you'd think it'd be trillion 10^(3*3) and thousand as million but nah), etc.
les: Possible typo of less.
Pan: A cooking tool

juicylies

Yes if you're LGBT ask one of our 9-12 year old experts on the server!

also: trans can mean transitioning for anything. Ex, I made a program to create a cylinder and I did createTransCyl for creating a transitioning cylinder, which would be x and 1-x of each cylinder.
bi means 2, bicycle, billion (sorta confusing since it's 10^9, so you'd think it'd be trillion 10^(3*3) and thousand as million but nah), etc.
les: Possible typo of less.
Pan: A cooking tool
Pansexual and Transgender aren't blocked.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
I think being homophobic should be against the rules and saying gay should also be against the rules as its mainly used as an insult foursome reason

Status
Not open for further replies.