• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Gamemode Top Leaderboard Tags

evoon

Trusted Member
I thought of this suggestion a long time ago but kept forgetting to post it lol. How about, for the top 3 or 5 people in the leaderboards for a certain gamemode, They Could have a new tag added to their name like: [SG #3] (players username), and for people with ranks, [SCBB #1 & Mockingjay] (players username) or you could have it separate, like: [DrawIt #2] [Mockingjay] (players username) Hope you like my idea :)

evoon

Trusted Member
I didn't mention this in the post above, but this would probably only effect SG, SCBB, PVP & SW, as these are the only ones with actual leaderboards posted on the main website. (I think there is a leaderboard for Draw It too, but it's not on the website, if you know that there is one, let me know :))

Phoenix____

I think it would only show that you're number one if you're in that specific lobby, like say you're in an sg lobby, if you were number 1 in everything, it would only show [SG #1] Not everything.

evoon

Trusted Member
Reading the posts above, I think if a user had more than 2 top 3 ranks, it would only show the rank for the gamemode they were playing atm :)

Last edited:

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
I completely disagree with you, if it only shows it on the gamemode your playing at the moment and its only the top 3, it won't cause spam.
Actually, it will cause a lot more than spam, it would have an increase in "cockiness" which itself is enough already, it will cause an increase in hackers, players will try to find exploits/bugs to gain an advantage to get in the top 3, confusion to new players, and more than that

Even though it's only for one gamemode, keep in mind there is 12 SG servers, 6 Draw it servers, so having a system to do that automatically will be obnoxious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix____

Actually, it will cause a lot more than spam, it would have an increase in "cockiness" which itself is enough already, it will cause an increase in hackers, players will try to find exploits/bugs to gain an advantage to get in the top 3, confusion to new players, and more than that

Even though it's only for one gamemode, keep in mind there is 12 SG servers, 4 Draw it servers, so having a system to do that automatically will be obnoxious.
Don't mean to argue, but I still completely disagree about the spam part, an extra 5 characters will cause more spam? No logic to that, what so ever, but I can see your point with the rest of the stuff... Sorta.

evoon

Trusted Member
I do have to agree with Chris when he says it may cause cockiness, but maybe we could work around that to where if someone starts acting cocky a lot, the console could somehow mute him/her temporarily

Tuut

Trusted Member

Even though it's only for one gamemode, keep in mind there is 12 SG servers, 4 Draw it servers, so having a system to do that automatically will be obnoxious.
The only part I agree with is the last thing you said. I acknowledge that you guys have a lot on your plate as staff with new gamemodes. This is a very low priorty thing compared to everything else the staff is doing right now.

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
70744a7bd08b00a3471a03d30b7b3468.png

Don't mean to argue, but I still completely disagree about the spam part, an extra 5 characters will cause more spam? No logic to that, what so ever, but I can see your point with the rest of the stuff... Sorta.
People with long usernames will have two lines for text, half of what they say on the first part and the other half on the second. Somewhat like factions and it's prefixes&suffixes
The only part I agree with is the last thing you said. I acknowledge that you guys have a lot on your plate as staff with new gamemodes. This is a very low priorty thing compared to everything else the staff is doing right now.
The other points are extremely valid. Not all players will know everything, and it will cause a state of confusion unless it's explained every 5 seconds.
I do have to agree with Chris when he says it may cause cockiness, but maybe we could work around that to where if someone starts acting cocky a lot, the console could somehow mute him/her temporarily
It's impossible to make it mutable, plus, it's not against the rules.