• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

What do you think?

• Awesome!

• Meh...

• Terrible...

• Eh... not sure?

Results are only viewable after voting.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Sorry for being slightly late to comment on this, but I really like this idea, and while I think some of the more detailed aspects might be changed or tweaked in the game development process, as a whole, I really like this gamemode idea!

My only objection is that it is very similar to factions in many ways, and it does seem a bit intricate, so a guide to playing this game could confuse a few of our foreign or younger members. However, I still think the general idea sounds like a lot of fun! :D

Handeril

Thank you, Bach. I would like to emphasize that the whole concept is kind of a "rough draft" and if Zainos decides to implement it, it'll be tweaked and such as we go along. I am still accepting ideas to add on to the concepts of the gamemode, and I wouldn't mind making a sticky/pinned post that explains the gamemode a little more "in plain english". (If it comes out, that is.)

One thing that is for certain about this gamemode, there will be a really hard dungeon named "Starfury". (The name and concept of the dungeon are references to when I first started forming this gamemode idea. [That was about 2 or 3 years ago] )

I'd also like to emphasize that parties are only temporary, and are not permanent. They disband if no party members (or just one of them) is online in 20 minutes. (So you have 20 minutes if you rage quit to log back on, or if you crash, etc. If you're not back within then, you get booted from the party. [Leadership gets transferred to another player, if leader.] )

Going back to my posts from a while ago, would anyone like to read through the boss lore I wrote up a while back? Even though it's for a "gamemode master", it does give a good example of the cool types of stories you can put behind your bosses. (Though, I wouldn't suggest each one being almost 2k words long! xD)

Last edited:

me32305

Bump.

Well thought out game mode here. Sounds like fun and this server needs a new game mode. When I says that I don't mean a copy paste from another server. There are a million servers with factions, skywars, etc. I think this would be a great idea.

Handeril

Bump.

Well thought out game mode here. Sounds like fun and this server needs a new game mode. When I says that I don't mean a copy paste from another server. There are a million servers with factions, skywars, etc. I think this would be a great idea.

Thanks for the feedback!

Porky

Please put some actual input in your comment and not just "eh, not sure." besides... you can't revive a 15 day old thread, it's against the rules.
Oh, just realised. Does it include on day or time of last post?
Also, my reasons are that to me this seems a bit complicated to me.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Oh, just realised. Does it include on day or time of last post?
Also, my reasons are that to me this seems a bit complicated to me.
You were exactly on 15 days, so I think its fine. A staff member will let you know if you do break the rules.

Handeril

The post may seem really complex, but everything may "click" a little more in-game. (If this was ever coded)

I mean, for me, I could just imagine the many creative ideas people could come up for Dungeons, Bosses, Enemies, or even loot.

(Yes, if this was made, I have the idea that you can suggest loot pieces with custom names, enchants, and lore for your own creations! Just don't make them too OP for the level requirement... :/)

Questionable examples:

EPICNESS

- Sharpness 1000
- Fire Aspect 1000
- Unbreakable
- The Blessed Sword of Handeril Barastl
- Requires Lvl: 9001

BFG Model 1337

- Infinity 1000
- Power 1000
- Flame 1000
- Unbreakable
- Roundhouse from Chuck Norris on Super Saiyan
- Requires Lvl: 9001

[Since the level is 9001, these weapons aren't too OP for the level they're at. ;P]

Last edited: