• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Parkour Difficulty difference issue on Ice Parkour: Adding another checkpoint.

SirQuirkyNipple

I'v never posted anything on this server before so here goes...

The first 5 checkpoints on Ice Parkour are relatively easy and justify the parkours' "Hard" difficulty, and each checkpoint is evenly spread across the map. However the final checkpoint is a completely new difficulty all together. It is a far longer distance between the final checkpoint and the end of the map, plus the difficulty of the jumps are quite hard. I myself have not completed and I have not met anyone who has (Please reply if you have actually done it :D. ) Although, I am from the AU so I have most likely only met 1 quarter of the servers players.

To give some context I have completed every map I can do as a Sponsor but Ice Parkour. I also hold the world record for the calendar parkour. This is not to boast but to add strength to my proposal/argument.
Now the main reason its so much harder is the actual length of the last part rather than the jumps themselves, although they are considerably harder than the rest of the map.

I believe the solution to the issue is to add another checkpoint in between the final checkpoint and the end perhaps here:
2017-07-10_22.02.13.png

Or maybe even here:
2017-07-10_21.42.45.png

Adding the checkpoint would both reduce the length between the end and the final checkpoint as well as reducing the difficulty of the end part of the map to its respectable difficulty. The other solution is to simply increase the difficulty on the compass, however I don't think this is fair as most of the map isn't too difficult anyway. Plus the last part in my opinion is easily as hard as the third tower of D8 even more so. I'm probably going to get comments like "your just a crybaby cause you cant do it" or something like that (which I might be xD) but I do believe that this is an actual issue that needs to be fixed. All ideas and comments are appreciated.

PS: I have no idea who could actually authorise this!

Attachments

• 2017-07-10_22.02.13.png
    2017-07-10_22.02.13.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 239
Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I have met people who have completed ice parkour and having been working on it myself, think that any change is unnecessary.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
You're definitely not wrong in that the last checkpoint is much more difficult compared with the rest of Ice parkour, I've managed to past between those 3 fence posts, then fail on the next jump. I do disagree in that it needs to be changed since it is a hard parkour. In my opinion the mixture of the really hard ending and the relatively easy first segment mixes well to give the parkour a "Hard" difficulty. I also think that the parkour isn't in need of another checkpoint, as it really is just practice makes progress.