• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Creative Build Contest

Tuut

Trusted Member
I was thinking that a build contest in creative would be very cool. Like give the contest a theme and like a month deadline. iiJam would be the judge to see who the winner is maybe? The winner would maybe get a rank and get to have their plot close to spawn? Just a little idea to spice things up in creative.

ImTea

Retired Staff
I was thinking that a build contest in creative would be very cool. Like give the contest a theme and like a month deadline. iiJam would be the judge to see who the winner is maybe? The winner would maybe get a rank and get to have their plot close to spawn? Just a little idea to spice things up in creative.
I say there be maybe 2-4 weeks depending on the build, and have all the builders decide the winner rather than just Jam. Basically whoever is on that night.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
How would we tell who's entered?

This is a bad idea. Like Foils said, builders could be building instead of judging this.

Although we may find decent builders (on a rare occasion) this just seems like a huge waste of time

_Bach_

Retired Staff
This could be user voted... instead of builder voted...
Or a one time submission process online...

Even still, I think this might be a bit difficult to implement and might be more trouble than it is worth

ImTea

Retired Staff

This is a bad idea. Like Foils said, builders could be building instead of judging this.

Although we may find decent builders (on a rare occasion) this just seems like a huge waste of time
Maybe we could implement a plugin that does as follows:

Player Commands:
/buildcontest - Main Command
/BC - Alias for Buildcontest
/BC add # - Adds your plot number to the build contest. (1 max per player.)
/BC remove # - Removes your plot number from the build contest.

Builder Commands:
/BC queue start - Starts the queue of added builds, tping said builder to a new build every 30 seconds.
/BC queue pause - Pauses the queue for said builder to look into greater detail
/BC queue stop - Stops current queue in case of any problems.
/BC queue save - saves current build in the queue to a personalized list to review later against all the other that you liked.
/BC queue list - List saved builds for tping. (Shows the plot owners name and plot number.)
/BC vote - Votes on the plot you are currently standing on to win. (For when a builder is on when none of the others are, but still want to participate.

(This could also be changed to a user voting plugin as Bach stated above.)

Tuut

Trusted Member

I was thinking about the knowing who has entered and who hasnt. There could be many ways but maybe online submisson is the best way to go.

Tuut

Trusted Member

Also, how is it a waste of time? Your thinking has tunnel vision atm. Your only thinking about how many good builders we can get. This can be positive for the community.

ImTea

Retired Staff
I think it has both positives and negatives towards the server. Sure Builders have to use their time in which they could be building to decide on builds, but maybe that build could get them pumped for building or inspire them? Plus what iTut said is I will have a positive impact on the community, bringing people like Builders and staff closer to the community. Just my 2 cents on everything posted this far.

Tuut

Trusted Member
Perhaps do a server wide contest xD
Winner (best builder) gets to jointhe HHGN Build Team
I like that idea but also im thinking more of something thats just a plain healthy competition. Maybe not everyone wants to be on the build team. This is more for normal creative players that maybe would like to spice up their day.

alxyz

Trusted Member
Jam you never know, Theres some hidden talent in every1. Just have a contest out of the first 25 people that enter or so

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
Jam you never know, Theres some hidden talent in every1. Just have a contest out of the first 25 people that enter or so
A first come first served basis could be a waste of time, also as I have stated before, people can simply create a builder application for applying for builder with the builds they have created.

Tuut

Trusted Member
A first come first served basis could be a waste of time, also as I have stated before, people can simply create a builder application for applying for builder with the builds they have created.
At least from my perspective my suggestion isn't intended to find new builders, its simply just a fun competition.