• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars - W i n t e r h o l d - Map by MeltWood

MeltWood

Hello there good folks! Just created an account on these wonderful forums to show off my work, of which there will be more in the future.

NOTE: Please click on each picture to see the full 2560 x 1440 resolution in which they were taken. They look rather sad in this miniature depiction. ;-;

- W i n t e r h o l d -

Stone/Snow/Bunker Themed
8 Players - 2 Chests per Spawn Island
Center Island has no floor. I thought this was a neat idea, if it's problematic I can change it.

FAQwv7r.png

vbwi7ub.png

ze0eOPr.png

n18WkgC.png

kkHwwPV.png

vpaPwBn.png

UFXS4RH.png

Hope you guys like it! Also, the Map Criteria thread did not specify whether I was to leave a download link for the map in this post. So, I will assume it's not necessary until it gets accepted or declined.

Thanks! :)

-MeltWood

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I think it would look better if the Glowstone was switched to Sea Lanterns, I find glowstone a bad texture, and sea lanterns would fit the theme just as well.

The map looks nice overall, but the tree in the center looks kinda like a palm tree which would not be found in a snowy biome

MeltWood

A fair point you have about the tree, however I disagree about the glowstone. I think the yellow and green really brightens up the bunkers, sea lanterns are a moodier ornament.

Thanks for the fast reply! I've seen you nearly everywhere so far. :D

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A fair point you have about the tree, however I disagree about the glowstone. I think the yellow and green really brightens up the bunkers, sea lanterns are a moodier ornament.

Keep in mind, the build team leader hates glowstone just as much as the builders do, if not more

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
I really like the build, wish you could help me with my map xD. Well done Meltwood.
Glowstone looks good on the islands, not so much on the spawn tree in my opinion.

I'd recommend maybe a thicker tree Actually I'll tell you where to really go with this map.

Wouldn't it be awesome if those 4 glaciers were towers of an epic castle with a tree in the center of the courtyard?

The map is fortress themed, A Stone Ice Castle with a beautiful dark oak tree in the center I think could look stunning, and Also A large spawn landmass encourages pvp in skywars, which is hard because many Spawns and islands are small, making it easy to knock off players or just camp while they build bridges.

~Just A Thought, ST0RM

Nootch

Trusted Member
I really like this map and would want to play on it :D
It's just the tree does look kinda weird, maybe make it less of a palm-tree by adding more leaves? Idk but other than that nice work

MeltWood

I really like this map and would want to play on it :D
It's just the tree does look kinda weird, maybe make it less of a palm-tree by adding more leaves? Idk but other than that nice work

Thanks! With multiple tree complaints, that is probably something I will change/modify. :)

MeltWood

I really like the build, wish you could help me with my map xD. Well done Meltwood.
Glowstone looks good on the islands, not so much on the spawn tree in my opinion.

I'd recommend maybe a thicker tree Actually I'll tell you where to really go with this map.

Wouldn't it be awesome if those 4 glaciers were towers of an epic castle with a tree in the center of the courtyard?

The map is fortress themed, A Stone Ice Castle with a beautiful dark oak tree in the center I think could look stunning, and Also A large spawn landmass encourages pvp in skywars, which is hard because many Spawns and islands are small, making it easy to knock off players or just camp while they build bridges.

~Just A Thought, ST0RM

Awesome ideas, thanks for the feedback! <3 If you'd actually like help, I'd be more than willing to give you suggestions and ideas on your map! Sculpting landscapes is my specialty, making buildings/structures I am a bit weaker at. PM me if you're interested!

While a stone-ice castle sounds ravishing, I will probably stick with just the tree in this one. I will certainly consider making it thicker, fancier, and less palm-like.

About the PvP thing, I designed this map specifically to give players who don't island-rush a slight advantage. The bunkers are the only really safe place in the map, which I think stays true to the theme. Attackers beware. ;)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
Awesome ideas, thanks for the feedback! <3 If you'd actually like help, I'd be more than willing to give you suggestions and ideas on your map! Sculpting landscapes is my specialty, making buildings/structures I am a bit weaker at. PM me if you're interested!

While a stone-ice castle sounds ravishing, I will probably stick with just the tree in this one. I will certainly consider making it thicker, fancier, and less palm-like.

About the PvP thing, I designed this map specifically to give players who don't island-rush a slight advantage. The bunkers are the only really safe place in the map, which I think stays true to the theme. Attackers beware. ;)
I love the map and I do agree with that the glowstone looks good download link? Or I'd this a plot.?

Tuut

Trusted Member
I believe this map looks pretty good. To comment on what Trenly said, I believe you should remove the glowstone on the houses, but keep the glowstone that is hanging on mid. I hope to see more maps from you in the future!

MeltWood

I love the map and I do agree with that the glowstone looks good download link? Or I'd this a plot.?

Until iiJam reviews it (accept or decline, although he might need the download link to fully review it I'm not sure) I won't post download links just in case anyone gets fancy ideas about stealing. ;) Also, thanks!

MeltWood

I believe this map looks pretty good. To comment on what Trenly said, I believe you should remove the glowstone on the houses, but keep the glowstone that is hanging on mid. I hope to see more maps from you in the future!

Thanks! I'll consider that, and I will for sure be releasing more goodies in a week or so. :)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
First off. Glowstone would look better if they were sea lanterns. Not only is glowstone an ugly texture, but the white and light blue complements the ice and snow.
The tree in the middle is kinda iffy. As Trenly said, it looks more like a palm tree.
I appreciate that you've added more than just the spawn islands, and the mid. It adds more of a battle ground. But the icy point at the bottom of the four smaller islands (Not the ones you spawn on) look weird aswell.
The little huts are pretty cute. I like them!
The map is overall not bad, but unfortunatly not up to the standards of the server.
Sorry, but your map has been declined.

MineJam

Retired Staff
Not sure why this server needs to have the islands spread so far apart from each other. Sometimes I don't even get blocks to build with.
Its nearly impossible to get to another island when there 20 blocks away from yours. I'm not complaining about this map, at least there are mini islands between the main ones. I stopped playing this servers skywars for the sole reason of the islands are spread to far apart.
You go on pretty much any server and the islands are reasonably close together so you aren't in an endless battle of who knocks who off while they're trying to get to spawn. And I realize the point of Skywars is to be on an island but you guys just went overboard with the space between the islands.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Not sure why this server needs to have the islands spread so far apart from each other. Sometimes I don't even get blocks to build with.
Its nearly impossible to get to another island when there 20 blocks away from yours. I'm not complaining about this map, at least there are mini islands between the main ones. I stopped playing this servers skywars for the sole reason of the islands are spread to far apart.
You go on pretty much any server and the islands are reasonably close together so you aren't in an endless battle of who knocks who off while they're trying to get to spawn. And I realize the point of Skywars is to be on an island but you guys just went overboard with the space between the islands.
You have to keep in mind that 95% of the current maps were originally made for 4 players.

If you want to get rid of the maps that you feel are too spaced apart, make a map of your own and submit it.

MineJam

Retired Staff
You have to keep in mind that 95% of the current maps were originally made for 4 players.

If you want to get rid of the maps that you feel are too spaced apart, make a map of your own and submit it.

That's what builders are for bro-ham. Not my job to create things people like.
I would think some constructive criticism is good.
If someone is shooting at a target and they keep missing, if you tell them how to get better there not going to hand you the gun and tell you to do it.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
That's what builders are for bro-ham. Not my job to create things people like.
I would think some constructive criticism is good.
If someone is shooting at a target and they keep missing, if you tell them how to get better there not going to hand you the gun and tell you to do it.
If you honestly want something changed, make a suggestion thread. Im not going to discuss it any further on a map submission

_Smokescreen_ I believe this to have gone off topic

_Bach_

Retired Staff
This does not seem to have really gone off topic. Talking about the nature of skywars maps is not really off topic on a skywars map submission.

I personally really like this map aside from the tree looking scrawny. the remainder of the map is really neat and uses some sweet concepts. I look forward to seeing the updated version of this map as it could be significantly improved with some good effort! :)

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
This does not seem to have really gone off topic. Talking about the nature of skywars maps is not really off topic on a skywars map submission.

I personally really like this map aside from the tree looking scrawny. the remainder of the map is really neat and uses some sweet concepts. I look forward to seeing the updated version of this map as it could be significantly improved with some good effort! :)
Again 10/10

MineJam

Retired Staff

I know it sucks lol, but at the end of the day they'll accept it and just change what they want changed so there's no sense in denying what they would want added because like I said they'll just accept it and change what they want.

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I know it sucks lol, but at the end of the day they'll accept it and just change what they want changed so there's no sense in denying what they would want added because like I said they'll just accept it and change what they want.
I agree so much,
In my opinion I think the maps that are put up on threads should be decided if they should get accepted by the community not just one persons opinion. And if the whole community likes the map but only the person or iiJam dose not like the map then they will decide if the map should get accepted or declined if they do not like it. But the majority of the community dose then to me that seems unfair... If this dose not make sense and ppl want to go into more detail into it I will make a thread about it.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I agree so much,
In my opinion I think the maps that are put up on threads should be decided if they should get accepted by the community not just one persons opinion. And if the whole community likes the map but only the person or iiJam dose not like the map then they will decide if the map should get accepted or declined if they do not like it. But the majority of the community dose then to me that seems unfair... If this dose not make sense and ppl want to go into more detail into it I will make a thread about it.
I disagree. A map could be loved by the community, but it still might not be up to the standard of the server. And that looks bad to newcomers sometimes. I think its fine as it is

Ps: *does

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
I disagree. A map could be loved by the community, but it still might not be up to the standard of the server. And that looks bad to newcomers sometimes. I think its fine as it is

Ps: *does
I understand that I'm just saying that it should not just be up to one person to have all of the power to decide, they should have some power not just all of the power. It should be up to every one not just one.