• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour volcano parkour

Keknek

Name: Volcano Parkour
Difficulty: hard
Length: medium
Checkpoints:4

2017-04-18_20.17.21.png
2017-04-18_20.17.02.png
2017-04-18_20.17.33.png
2017-04-18_20.17.46.png
2017-04-18_20.17.57.png
2017-04-18_20.18.16.png
2017-04-18_20.18.23.png
2017-04-18_20.18.33.png
2017-04-18_20.18.40.png
2017-04-18_20.18.46.png

(Its in solo world)

Last edited:

youngfloppa

This looks like a thrilling and exciting parkour map. I'm going to comment on each screenshot so this comment may be quite long!

Screenshot 1: Some good detailing, I like Parkours where you can't see what's coming round the corner. The actual parkour looks a bit tedious, you need to add some more sense and atmosphere. I suggest maybe adding a street or market with the parkour hidden within it.

Screenshot 2: You have got a neat custom tree, the grass and the texture is quite appealing and the volcano in the background gives it an impression that makes you want to continue on to the journey. you may need another layer of grass do add some depth, add some detail to those back walls, the stairs at the back left could be made a bit more natural (it looks better for me, just an opinion) and i'm not sure if it's a gateway on the left, if it is I would raise it up a few blocks.

Screenshot 4: You need to add a lot more scenery to those plain grass patches even though it's not part of the parkour you still want a nice overall build.

Screenshot 5: Aesthetically pleasing, though you may want to accelerate your block palette (the blocks you use for your build)

Screenshot 6: Same as before, add more blocks to palette. I feel that something like wood supports or platforms would look good.

Screenshot 8+9: You've done a nice job of terraforming, a tiny bit messy but overall, good job. As I said maybe add a few more blocks to the palette, maybe some more houses that have been caught up by the lava.

Screenshot 10: The credits look great, I really like how u put it at the end, with signs to mark out which head belongs to who! Good job!

Remember to add barriers, because in the likely event this map gets accepted, it saves another job for the build team.(if you have that's great!)

Last edited:

Keknek

This looks like a thrilling and exciting parkour map. I'm going to comment on each screenshot so this comment may be quite long!

Screenshot 1: Some good detailing, I like Parkours where you can't see what's coming round the corner. The actual parkour looks a bit tedious, you need to add some more sense and atmosphere. I suggest maybe adding a street or market with the parkour hidden within it.

Screenshot 2: You have got a neat custom tree, the grass and the texture is quite appealing and the volcano in the background gives it an impression that makes you want to continue on to the journey. you may need another layer of grass do add some depth, add some detail to those back walls, the stairs at the back left could be made a bit more natural (it looks better for me, just an opinion) and i'm not sure if it's a gateway on the left, if it is I would raise it up a few blocks.

Screenshot 4: You need to add a lot more scenery to those plain grass patches even though it's not part of the parkour you still want a nice overall build.

Screenshot 5: Aesthetically pleasing, though you may want to accelerate your block palette (the blocks you use for your build)

Screenshot 6: Same as before, add more blocks to palette. I feel that something like wood supports or platforms would look good.

Screenshot 8+9: You've done a nice job of terraforming, a tiny bit messy but overall, good job. As I said maybe add a few more blocks to the palette, maybe some more houses that have been caught up by the lava.

Screenshot 10: The credits look great, I really like how u put it at the end, with signs to mark out which head belongs to who! Good job!

Remember to add barriers, because in the likely event this map gets accepted, it saves another job for the build team.(if you have that's great!)[/QUOTE
yeah I see that I have used the same block for the mountains and I could put some markets and integrate some houses (in the lava too) thanks and the barriere blocks are already there--- I also have a video but Im not able to put it in =( and If you were talking about the big green plains its just the flat world
2017-04-19_16.47.13.pngthis is from under the map to put into void

also in the screenshot 2 it's not a gateway it's juste a entrance to the parkour2017-04-19_16.51.35.png

Last edited:

ChildMusher69

Map looks good! I was already making a volcanic parkour, but oh well, yours looks better.
I have only a few suggestions:
Maybe add slabs and stairs to the terraforming? (If it's already there, then i missed it.)
Some slabs n' stairs in the cave too, and maybe some cobble walls.
I agree with Fixnum that the grass needs more detail. If I were you, I would bonemeal it, then swap the flowers with another two that look less default-y.
Overall the map looks good, hope it gets accepted!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the slabs and stairs in the cave.

Keknek

Map looks good! I was already making a volcanic parkour, but oh well, yours looks better.
I have only a few suggestions:
Maybe add slabs and stairs to the terraforming? (If it's already there, then i missed it.)
Some slabs n' stairs in the cave too, and maybe some cobble walls.
I agree with Fixnum that the grass needs more detail. If I were you, I would bonemeal it, then swap the flowers with another two that look less default-y.
Overall the map looks good, hope it gets accepted!

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't see the slabs and stairs in the cave.
thank for the comments and yah I will detail the mountains tomorrow =)

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Looks good for the most part, but as others have said; go for less default flowers and touch up on terraforming . With flowers I suggest using like two or three types of flowers with similar colors. Touch up with the terraforming in the volcano with multiple types of blocks or just make it look cleaner. But as a side note make sure there is absolutely nowhere that you can see out of the map into the super flat world. (That has gotten my maps rejected in the past). If you can fix those things though, I think ur map has a good chance of being accepted! Good luck.

Keknek

Looks good for the most part, but as others have said; go for less default flowers and touch up on terraforming . With flowers I suggest using like two or three types of flowers with similar colors. Touch up with the terraforming in the volcano with multiple types of blocks or just make it look cleaner. But as a side note make sure there is absolutely nowhere that you can see out of the map into the super flat world. (That has gotten my maps rejected in the past). If you can fix those things though, I think ur map has a good chance of being accepted! Good luck.
thank for the tips the mountain are already getting retouch =) and adding flower

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Firstly, I apologise for it taking so long to reply to the map.

I love the terraforming in the volcanic area; it seems really smooth. Although it could use some slabs and stairs- that always helps.
The castle area at the start looks pretty nice as well. I like the pattern on the wall in that tunnel kind of area.
The custom trees are kind of stumpy and the trunk looks just a little bit short imo.
I also appreciate the good use of texturisation in this map.
Overall, I think this is a well constructed map.
Congratulations! Your map has been accepted!
Are you able to pm me a download link? Thanks!