• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars Upside Down

Oreinite

I've Worked Very Hard On This And I Did Not Use World Edit to make sure it would be more detailed cause world edit is just plain stuff. Also This Took Over 2 Months To Finish. You Can Look At The Screen Shots Or Go On The Server On Creative and do /p v Oreinite 13

Sry About All The Screen Shots.
I Just Wanted To Make Sure U Guys Got To See It!

Attachments

• Hi (12).png
    Hi (12).png
    317.3 KB · Views: 297
  • Hi (10).png
    Hi (10).png
    130 KB · Views: 276
  • Hi (8).png
    Hi (8).png
    149.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Hi (5).png
    Hi (5).png
    174.7 KB · Views: 274
  • Hi (1).png
    Hi (1).png
    231.9 KB · Views: 280
  • Hi (24).png
    Hi (24).png
    187.7 KB · Views: 279
  • Hi (20).png
    Hi (20).png
    423.3 KB · Views: 290
  • Hi (17).png
    Hi (17).png
    354.6 KB · Views: 255
  • Hi (14).png
    Hi (14).png
    410.3 KB · Views: 285
  • Hi (11).png
    Hi (11).png
    142.6 KB · Views: 279
  • Hi (9).png
    Hi (9).png
    423.5 KB · Views: 280
  • Hi (7).png
    Hi (7).png
    386 KB · Views: 278
  • Hi (4).png
    Hi (4).png
    246.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Hi (25).png
    Hi (25).png
    288.9 KB · Views: 261
  • Hi (2).png
    Hi (2).png
    363.9 KB · Views: 278
  • Hi (22).png
    Hi (22).png
    354.4 KB · Views: 280
  • Hi (15).png
    Hi (15).png
    379.4 KB · Views: 279
  • Hi (18).png
    Hi (18).png
    280 KB · Views: 284
  • Hi (23).png
    Hi (23).png
    311.5 KB · Views: 292
  • Hi (21).png
    Hi (21).png
    349.8 KB · Views: 300

Trenly

Admin
Admin
First, the islands arent all the same distance from the center (the corner ones are farther than the others)

Second, How do thy get to the chests in the house without a pickaxe? I didnt see more than one chest on the upside of the islands, and youre not always going to get a pickaxe.

Third, you should use beacons instead of the glass cages. That is stated in the map requirements

Lastly, I dont really like the concept. Being that there is no way to turn the chests, beds, furnaces, doors, etc. upside down, it looks odd. Also, the houses seem underdetailed to me.

Last edited:

Oreinite

Well The Corners Are 25 diagnle blocks away and the sides are 25 normal blocks away. Thats wut i thought it meant...

Oreinite

How do thy get to the chests in the house without a pickaxe? I didnt see more than one chest on the upside of the islands, and youre not always going to get a pickaxe.
Well There Are two Chests On Each island. There Is A Secret Chest On The Bottom Of The Trees.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Also In The New Requirements it says that u can put a beacon "Or" Glass Cages
no, it says:

iiJam said:
  • You don't have to build the glass tubes that players spawn in, that will be automatically generated by the plugin. BUT, please mark out where people will spawn, with a beacon in the air (Make sure they are also evenly spaced)

It says to please mark where people will spawn with a beacon in the air

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Other than the centering issue, I like the idea! Just make the islands even and maybe a bit more detail in the house and I would like to see it on skywars

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It Says You Don't Have To. That still means u can
If its suggested that you use beacons, its probably a good idea to use beacons. Saves everyone a bit of time.

Saves you time in building the tubes, and saves Zainos time in setting the spawns. Not that its going to get the map declined if you build the tubes. . .

Nootch

Trusted Member
I like the idea also, just take these tips I completely agree with ;)

Other than the centering issue, I like the idea! Just make the islands even and maybe a bit more detail in the house and I would like to see it on skywars

Tuut

Trusted Member
You say you didn't use World Edit to make the map more detailed, yet the map is very under detailed and looks odd. You should try to use world edit to make the islands, it would've saved you loads of time!

Oreinite

People Like it better if you don't use world edit. that makes it seem like it was a lot more work and better done! Also How would you use world edit on the out round of the island. you can't cause you have to make that detailed.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
People Like it better if you don't use world edit. that makes it seem like it was a lot more work and better done! Also How would you use world edit on the out round of the island. you can't cause you have to make that detailed.
Worldedit is great for terraforming. It can even be detailed if you know how to do it

Lowvex

Having this "upside down" form and having very few details makes the map seem odd. Ik the upside down it's suppose to be like that but u can still detail the islands and houses.

Worldedit is great for terraforming. It can even be detailed if you know how to do it

You can always look up in Google or in YouTube for Worldedit tutorials.;)

iiDoozie

The them won't work. As trenly said, you can't apply the upside down concept to everything on the map, which really just means the theme only applys to half the build. So if it were me deciding whether or not this map gets accepted, I would say no. And that's not the only reason. Others may be lack of detail, not even, and if you think about it, it would not be fun if you were to play on it in my opinion.

iSellCreditCards

This is kind of odd. The house at mid is made of 1 block which is very under detailed as it has been stated above. And I don't think it would be fun either, since its really just like 6 blocks (counting all ores as 1)

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Sorry for the late reply.

Trenly made allot of good points in his first post.

With the chests facing the right way, with the chests in the house, you'd have to mine out the blocks above it in order to open it.
I also noticed that the islands aren't the same. Some islands have visible diamonds above ground, while others don't. This gives players an unfair advantage. And as trenly said, the corner islands are further away to the middle than the four side islands.

The bottoms of the islands (technically the tops) are really flat, and the terra forming on the top (technically the bottom ;p ) isn't too good.
The house in the middle is also very under detailed.

So i'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.