• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

SCBB Tresure Chest(plot # 18)

JP2K

Made a new map possibly for SCBB! hope u like it! Here are some pics!

Attachments

• tresure chest 1.png
    tresure chest 1.png
    380.7 KB · Views: 286
  • tresure chest 2.png
    tresure chest 2.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 285
  • tresure chest 4.png
    tresure chest 4.png
    448.7 KB · Views: 309
  • tresure chest.png
    tresure chest.png
    425 KB · Views: 286

Xistencee

Trusted Member
The chest does look cool but can you either tell us what plot this is on of yours or provide some more screenshots of the inside :)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The exterior of the chest is decent, but the interior seems somewhat half-efforted. There are just piles of blocks meant to represent treasure. I would rather see less items, but more detail such as a half buried chalice; a few coins piled on top of eachother, some at angles; a piece of a map; something other than just piles. I don't feel this would be a fun map to play on.

Also, the map should be above the void

JP2K

The exterior of the chest is decent, but the interior seems somewhat half-efforted. There are just piles of blocks meant to represent treasure. I would rather see less items, but more detail such as a half buried chalice; a few coins piled on top of eachother, some at angles; a piece of a map; something other than just piles. I don't feel this would be a fun map to play on.

Also, the map should be above the void

what does it mean above the void like above the ground???

Trenly

Admin
Admin
what does it mean above the void like above the ground???
it means that there should be no ground beneath it and the top barriers would inhbit classes like rabbit, enderdragon, and a few other high jumpers

JP2K

it means that there should be no ground beneath it and the top barriers would inhbit classes like rabbit, enderdragon, and a few other high jumpers

Thank you very much for you're advice, would never have thought about how to barrier would affect high jumpers, i will change that as soon as possible!

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I'm sort of confused? Would the map be played inside the chest, or on the outside?

iiJam

I'm sure it would be played inside of the Treausre Chest.
Well if the map was played on the inside of the chest. It wouldn't work. This was the same problem with JP2k's last map. There needs to be the void underneath the map, because some kits are only strong if they're able to hit people off into the void.
And the outside of the chest looks pretty good. But it just seems kind of small and odd. All the arena is, is the lid of a chest. And when your up there, you can't even see tell that its a chest.
So this map has been declined.

Xistencee

Trusted Member
Well if the map was played on the inside of the chest. It wouldn't work. This was the same problem with JP2k's last map. There needs to be the void underneath the map, because some kits are only strong if they're able to hit people off into the void.
And the outside of the chest looks pretty good. But it just seems kind of small and odd. All the arena is, is the lid of a chest. And when your up there, you can't even see tell that its a chest.
So this map has been declined.
All he would have to do is use W/E to move it above the ground.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
All he would have to do is use W/E to move it above the ground.
That's not what iiJam is saying. He is saying that you need to be able to hit people off, as some classes rely solely on knock back. If it were played inside the chest, there would be no way to hit people off.

Xistencee

Trusted Member
That's not what iiJam is saying. He is saying that you need to be able to hit people off, as some classes rely solely on knock back. If it were played inside the chest, there would be no way to hit people off.
I'm pretty sure you could hit them through the top of the chest..

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I'm pretty sure you could hit them through the top of the chest..
So a butter golem (which would not be able to jump above the lip of the chest) could hit another class out of the chest? Any class that relies on knockback should be able to hit them straight on the ground and have a chance at hitting them off

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
ok lemme come up with a stupid idea ^~^

I'm thinking it could be cool if you like detailed the top part maybe also make a key or something and then have that to be the arena and if you're looking off the map there's like platforms 3x3 (((there should be like 8))) and then you can jump to a platform and jump into the chest (((maybe a 6 block jump, cuz you have the jump boost thingy too)))but theres the void with a phew gold blocks ..... Like a parkour (((idk)))
But if this has to be added too then you need to do a lot of detail m8. :)

iiJam

I'm thinking it could be cool if you like detailed the top part maybe also make a key or something and then have that to be the arena and if you're looking off the map there's like platforms 3x3 (((there should be like 8))) and then you can jump to a platform and jump into the chest (((maybe a 6 block jump, cuz you have the jump boost thingy too)))but theres the void with a phew gold blocks ..... Like a parkour (((idk)))
That's an alright idea. But if somebody is camping in the back corner of the inside of the chest, people STILL can't knock them off.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
That's an alright idea. But if somebody is camping in the back corner of the inside of the chest, people STILL can't knock them off.
Maybe the edge og the inside like the Brown edge could just be the same layer as the gold blocks

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Ok this is the edge right
image.jpg
and then if you lift the treasure up so its the same layer ... Like so the gold block is next to the treasure. So its flat and not going down...

Ida_0611

Trusted Member

What if this one ^ and then iijams question was
well you could just make so there's no blocks in the corners before like 6 blocks in. And it should still be like a parkour ... Or just a flat place with holes in ( so if its like a 20x20 then there could be like 100 blocks and the rest was the void and there could be wood falling into the void to symbolize the chest was broken inside or something)

iiJam

What if this one ^ and then iijams question was

well you could just make so there's no blocks in the corners before like 6 blocks in. And it should still be like a parkour ... Or just a flat place with holes in ( so if its like a 20x20 then there could be like 100 blocks and the rest was the void and there could be wood falling into the void to symbolize the chest was broken inside or something)
This map still doesn't have enough detail though. It's declined either way.