• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Hub 'The Great Oak' Skyblock Spawn

Should we Use this spawn?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • No way!

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Oranges!

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subspace

Hey! We made a new spawn for Skyblock, considering how bad the current one is.
BUILDERS
MidbusTheMinion
Polarbearking619
Dallythor
KaritorikiTony
Happehwalrus
ggripyou
QuickMen911

We call ourselves the Maintenance Men, who fix the old maps that need work. Get it? Maintaining? Me neither.

Screenshots of our build:
http://imgur.com/a/yfbLY
Creative Plot Coords:
11;110

Enjoy!
-Team MM

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It seems a bit cramped to me. I also don't really like the circular aspect of it. I don't see how the tree relates to skyblock either. The parkour is glowstone (ugly). Not all the torches are the same (some are redstone, some are regular).

Subspace

It seems a bit cramped to me. I also don't really like the circular aspect of it. I don't see how the tree relates to skyblock either. The parkour is glowstone (ugly). Not all the torches are the same (some are redstone, some are regular).
The spawn is not cramped at all, I dunno if the screenshots make it look that way, but I'd rather you visit my plot with it on it. However, we only have a small space to work with, but we can try expanding it a bit.
Everything about that map relates to skyblock, between the floating islands to the orientation of the trees and buildings, and it includes everything from the current spawn.
Regarding the glowstone, it's a magic sort of theme, ad we thought it would represent pixies and fairies and such. It fit better than sea lanterns.
And, finally, the torches are intentionally different.
:)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
The spawn is not cramped at all, I dunno if the screenshots make it look that way, but I'd rather you visit my plot with it on it. However, we only have a small space to work with, but we can try expanding it a bit.
Everything about that map relates to skyblock, between the floating islands to the orientation of the trees and buildings, and it includes everything from the current spawn.
Regarding the glowstone, it's a magic sort of theme, ad we thought it would represent pixies and fairies and such. It fit better than sea lanterns.
And, finally, the torches are intentionally different.
:)
I did visit it at the plot.

I personally think that the tree is the best part, but I don't get why you made the spawn in a ring around it, rather than have the tree simply on the island.

I don't think that a "magic" theme is necessary for skyblock. I personally believe that a non-themed spawn would almost be better

Subspace

[QUOTE="Trenly, post: 73261, member: 685"
I don't think that a "magic" theme is necessary for skyblock. I personally believe that a non-themed spawn would almost be better[/QUOTE]

It is not better, trust me on that. The current skyblock spawn has no theme, and this is what it looks like:
http://imgur.com/0pRmCoB

It's just a flat land with a few naturally generated trees.
We did a sky market almost, instead of just a row of shops, and made the theme a bit more diverse and creative. We invited people to come see it, and they agreed too. I kinda of see your point, but yeah.

Thanks for the tree compliment though! Tree took us hours :p

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
The tree itself looks great! But it looks WAY too big for it's island. It's only got a tiny island for the HUGE tree... What? I think a better idea would of been to have one large island, with the tree in the middle, then all the information in front or around it.

There is an excessive use of glow stone = Big no, no! And the bridges are flat from a side view, they droop down in the middle with the oak slabs, but the oak logs on the sides are just straight. And there just isn't enough detail. The stalls, and walls all look... Iffy...

And even the terrain, instead of just whacking down some bone mean (Also a big no,no) You should of put down the bone meal, then remove all of it's generated flowers, and replaced it with patches of flowers that work well together (Like in the current SG lobby)

So I am sorry to say, but this map has been declined

This map is far better than that piece of trash you call the Skyblock spawn. If you really think this map is not worthy of replacing that.. that.. thing you have as the current Skyblock spawn, you obviously have poor choice in builds. But that's just my opinion about this situation, and yes, I did type this with frustration. As a fellow human, I respect your words as I do of all others.

SAFollis

Trusted Member
This map is far better than that piece of trash you call the Skyblock spawn. If you really think this map is not worthy of replacing that.. that.. thing you have as the current Skyblock spawn, you obviously have poor choice in builds. But that's just my opinion about this situation, and yes, I did type this with frustration. As a fellow human, I respect your words as I do of all others.
Even though the current one isn't the best doesn't mean it's an excuse to have another that isn't the best....

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
This map does look good but it's a huge mess like the current one is so easy to get to the shops and the information and stuff .. And this one.. Just a mess

This map does look good but it's a huge mess like the current one is so easy to get to the shops and the information and stuff .. And this one.. Just a mess
Though, It looks much better than the mess you have currently as your skyblock map.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
Though, It looks much better than the mess you have currently as your skyblock map.
If you was trying to roast me then .. Lol

Well thats your opinion but I'm just saying and I'm repeating the current one is more.. Foreseeable than this one

Last edited:
If you was trying to roast me then .. Lol

Well your opinion just saying and repeating the current one is more.. Foreseeable
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. You should really learn how to use proper grammar. Especially when you're trying to act literate and intelligent. If you want, I can link you to some educational websites that could possibly improve your English.

Ida_0611

Trusted Member
I'm sorry, but I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say. You should really learn how to use proper grammar. Especially when you're trying to act literate and intelligent. If you want, I can link you to some educational websites that could possibly improve your English.
Oh mate that's a real roast thanks for it

Status
Not open for further replies.