• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Kit PvP Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fu3rza

i killed the staff and got Banned, i wAs Considered "Hacking" when i was using the Fighter kit, something like that?

Last edited:

Unitus

Retired Staff
That would be even worse. Meaning these dedicated staff members will spend their whole online time on pvp (well, most of the time at least) to moderate, which causes them to actually play even more, making them to probably get serious about the game and then they'll start to abuse their powers. Like banning/muting someone that did nothing wrong because he or she killed the staff. In that case - the moderating is fine as it is now. Staff members does not play too much. They do their jobs and are not too serious about the game, which they would be if they were dedicated.
I have seen this type of moderation elsewhere and it works fine, if the mod is of quality he/she will not abuse their powers.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
i killed the staff and got Banned, i wAs Considered "Hacking" when i was using the Fighter kit, something like that?

How many people have I heard use this lame excuse! Probably over 50! Players are NOT banned cause they just killed the staff, but because they killed the staff in such a way that it was conclusive of some form of hacking. Staff must also record hackers in the case of a ban dispute so the evidence has been gathered before the ban and hopefully reviewed for accuracy and quality.

Regardless, that is off topic from the thread. Having a specific staff have to moderate a server to enable teams or whatnot I think is a crazy idea. Teams, again, are a natural part of sg, and are totally fine. These is no significant problem with them. Get Gud. XD

Anchezz

Trusted Member
How many people have I heard use this lame excuse! Probably over 50! Players are NOT banned cause they just killed the staff, but because they killed the staff in such a way that it was conclusive of some form of hacking. Staff must also record hackers in the case of a ban dispute so the evidence has been gathered before the ban and hopefully reviewed for accuracy and quality.

Regardless, that is off topic from the thread. Having a specific staff have to moderate a server to enable teams or whatnot I think is a crazy idea. Teams, again, are a natural part of sg, and are totally fine. These is no significant problem with them. Get Gud. XD
Tbh, players have been banned because of this reason. I'm not saying that it's always like that because there's a lot of hackers but I know that some staff members have wrongfully muted or banned players because they did something the staff member didn't like, regardless from the server rules. Although, this does not happen a lot which you can think when all players claim they got banned for this reason. But I'm saying, IF we got dedicated staff, the amount of players being banned because they killed the staff would increase.

Switz

I personally think that this topic should be locked. Case closed. Teaming is allowed. Teaming is a part of PVP as Trenly said. The only game that should have no teaming is Hitman.

Zinex

I wasn't saying ban teams. But don't you think there should be a limit?
Also, nearly all of the staff members are professional (in my opinion), but there was this one staff member who called me out just because I killed him a few times (I don't hack).

Switz

I wasn't saying ban teams. But don't you think there should be a limit?
Also, nearly all of the staff members are professional (in my opinion), but there was this one staff member who called me out just because I killed him a few times (I don't hack).
what staff member?

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I'm tempted to say. Lel.
Teaming is part of pvp. Teaming is part of SG. A mod may wrongfully ban, but then it is the players duty to report their ban in player reports so that Zainos and Chris may review evidence from both the mod and the player. The current staffing system works fine, and there is no reason to change it.

Since this thread has deviated from the original topic more than once, I would ask that a moderator such as _Bach_ lock this thread.

Nootch

Trusted Member
Before this thread gets locked, I'd like to say I agree there should be a team limit. Im not a big fan of , for example, 10 player teams tbh. I know if there was a limit, players would still go above it and it will be hard to moderate.

Still, I think there should be a team limit.
( I don't play pvp so it won't bother me if this rule doesn't get passed. So no big deal :) )

Xist_

Teaming is part of pvp. Teaming is part of SG. A mod may wrongfully ban, but then it is the players duty to report their ban in player reports so that Zainos and Chris may review evidence from both the mod and the player. The current staffing system works fine, and there is no reason to change it.

Since this thread has deviated from the original topic more than once, I would ask that a moderator such as _Bach_ lock this thread.
I've already said to Lock don't need to say it again.

Unitus

Retired Staff
Yes you can? It is my thread and i can decide if i want to lock it or not.
You can't decide that, if the mod decides to lock it even if you don't want to it will be locked, and you saying yes won't influence the decision either

Status
Not open for further replies.