• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

quick question about mini modding

Nonze

so mini modding is basically acting like a staff member
i was wondering if someone was saying stuff like the rules and hes gonna get u banned could i screenshot and send a report? thank u because idrk if im suppose to report that kinda stuff

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Yes, you can report mini modding. See the rules page for the official rule about mini modding, which is:

Impersonating Staff/Mini-Modding

Claiming you are a staff member, have staff permissions (such as kick or ban) or acting like a staff member is not allowed.

Additionally, attempting to enforce the rules like a staff member (Mini-Modding) is prohibited. If you see a player breaking the rules, contact online staff or report the player here. Do not attempt to warn or correct the player’s behavior yourself.

Nonze

Yes, you can report mini modding. See the rules page for the official rule about mini modding, which is:

Claiming you are a staff member, have staff permissions (such as kick or ban) or acting like a staff member is not allowed.

Additionally, attempting to enforce the rules like a staff member (Mini-Modding) is prohibited. If you see a player breaking the rules, contact online staff or report the player here. Do not attempt to warn or correct the player’s behavior yourself.
Thank u

Zelistra

Trusted Member

When the chat really spams am I allowed to say "Please stop spamming"? Is that mini-modding? (A lot of people do it...)

_Bach_

Retired Staff
Yes, saying that would be. Instead, just screenshot them, and report them on forums, o contact an online staff :)

Nonze

why wuould somone pretend to be staff at first??
Hmm because alot of people like to be let's say respected u know? And one way to do that is to pretend to be staff. They also couldn't have meant it and just say something like please don't be racist as well but it is still considered mini mod ding

Zelistra

Trusted Member
why wuould somone pretend to be staff at first??
I never wanted to pretend like a mod, I just don't like people to spam because it's hard to see what I want to see in the chat, that's why a lot of people do it I guess... At least that would be why I do it.

iiDoozie

Could I just say "Don't forget that the server has rules" Because really all I would be doing is just putting it out there for people to... Soak in...

Zelistra

Trusted Member
Could I just say "Don't forget that the server has rules" Because really all I would be doing is just putting it out there for people to... Soak in...
Lol I'll never forget the rules, I've done /rules a few times and read the whole thing a few times :)

brandon2002

Even if you say that, most players are not going to listen to you. As _Bach_ mentioned, it is easier and better to report the players with screenshot/video proof.
It is also safer, because you are not doing any mini moderations acts :)

RK_Credius

I'm just saying in my opinion that Mini-Modding should be allowed. Not the type where people claim to say they are staff and have ban/kick commands, I'm saying as in reminding them of the rules. We can't just report someone because they said something against the rules which he may have not known of and he gets banned or kicked for it. Things like "Please stop spamming chat" or "Stop cursing/bypassing chat" should be a non-punishable act. Players should be encouraged to say these things to remind people of the rules instead of just using the Ban Hammer if they slipped.