• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour Ocean Depths Parkour

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Yes, but with these improvements. (Comment below)

• No

• Total voters

ChildMusher69

Blizzard610, snugglets, TheSchuyler, FuriousVenom213 and I made a parkour map called Ocean Depths Parkour Calm Waters Parkour. It starts 'underwater', and goes onto land, and is on my 3rd plot (/p visit CrepeCat 3).

Difficulty: Medium
Length: Short
Checkpoints: 1

Here's a video of the parkour.
Hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

I really like the concept and aesthetics of this PK (Plus it's fun to play on). My only suggestion would be to add a few signs to make sure people don't get lost, or replace a few PK blocks with something that pops to point people in the right direction. Otherwise, great job to everyone involved!

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Some of the tunnels as you are making your way up are too straight and w/e'd that they really stick out from thr rest of the map. I feel that this map is also too small to be made on a plot given that you want it to be an ocean, not a lake.

pofoproud

Trusted Member
First of all the name needs to be changed because it looks more like a lake than an ocean (Like Trenly Said)
Second off the boat needs lots of work since there is no contrast or texture on it. Its just made of spruce and wool, so it needs more blocks (maybe fences to add texture).
Third off the tree/segal/boat parkour is very confusing maybe put some signs also as Trenly said... the piston parkour is to w/e'd it needs texture like the rest of the caves/tunnels.
Side-note the parkour is really awesome i love the clown fish xD and the glass on top of the cave. Great Job !!

ChildMusher69

First of all the name needs to be changed because it looks more like a lake than an ocean (Like Trenly Said)
Second off the boat needs lots of work since there is no contrast or texture on it. Its just made of spruce and wool, so it needs more blocks (maybe fences to add texture).
Third off the tree/segal/boat parkour is very confusing maybe put some signs also as Trenly said... the piston parkour is to w/e'd it needs texture like the rest of the caves/tunnels.
Side-note the parkour is really awesome i love the clown fish xD and the glass on top of the cave. Great Job !!
1. I agree that the name needs to be changed now that I think about it. Lake Depths doesn't sound so good. I'd have to think about it.

2. The boat isn't just made from spruce. There are two kinds of wood on the boat, and yes there is texture. Look at some of the boats in the hub. All of them either have one or two different kinds of wood. This needs no fixing.

3. I think that its pretty clear where to go on the tree considering that there is ladders basically pointing out where to go. All though I did add a sign at the base of the tree telling you to go on the sail. As for the seagulls, I see no need to change this as there are no possible parkour jumps to get to the end (which is visible) other than the seagulls.

Could you explain how exactly its confusing on where to go on the boat? There are no other jumps on the boat, other than the two rocks that go on and off of and on to the boat.

EDIT: The name has now been changed to 'Calm Waters Parkour'.

ChildMusher69

Some of the tunnels as you are making your way up are too straight and w/e'd that they really stick out from thr rest of the map. I feel that this map is also too small to be made on a plot given that you want it to be an ocean, not a lake.
As I said, I changed the name, and I also added texture to the piston cave.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
It's a good idea and I like it until you get above water. The hills are bland, along with the boat and weird island and tree in the middle. If you can somehow make those things in particular more pleasing to the eye, I think it would be a good enough idea to be accepted.

ChildMusher69

It's a good idea and I like it until you get above water. The hills are bland, along with the boat and weird island and tree in the middle. If you can somehow make those things in particular more pleasing to the eye, I think it would be a good enough idea to be accepted.
Can I have more detail than "If you can somehow make those things in particular more pleasing to the eye"? What about the boat is weird? What about the tree and the island is weird? What about the hills are bland? I can't fix it as you say If I don't know what's wrong with it.

EPICMATT88

Trusted Member
Can I have more detail than "If you can somehow make those things in particular more pleasing to the eye"? What about the boat is weird? What about the tree and the island is weird? What about the hills are bland? I can't fix it as you say If I don't know what's wrong with it.
The boat is very plain like someone had said. The island sticking out looks odd, if u want to keep it I would make it closer to the water. The tree also looks just weird tbh, Idk exactly what to say to help u make it look better.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
2. The boat isn't just made from spruce. There are two kinds of wood on the boat, and yes there is texture. Look at some of the boats in the hub. All of them either have one or two different kinds of wood. This needs no fixing.

So what if the boats in the lobby are boring? The hub is old, and frankly, I'm not a huge fan of it. Lots of things about it are outdated and standards have changed.
Just because some examples in an old build shows no texture in a boat, doesn't set the standards. You know how to use texture sometimes, so go above and beyond and use it.

But I haven't gotten time to review the map yet, sorry. I will try and do so tomorrow.

ParadoxTaco

Its a good Idea or theme, its just the way you presented it. The name should never be the main problem with a parkour, but good call on changing it. However, if I read "calm waters" I expect either a small stream flowing into a pond or lake, or the map being just parkour round or in a lake. As others pointed out the pistons and the cave are rather bland. Its a good much but lacks detailing and other aspects that a parkour map and any other map,in general should have. I leave the suggestions for changes to jam though, best of luck CrepeCat.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I honestly don't really like this map.
The terraforming on the mountains looks weird and clunky. The shape is too square. There's not enough roundness for it to look mountain like.
The underwater area has some cool aspects. I like the chest and the concept could be awesome. But I just don't like how it's been done here. It's just boring. There should be more going on - more coral, more fish, ect. - And even though there is texture in the walls, it doesn't look that good. The cyan stained clay stands out way too much and looks more cartoonish than rough like with the Andesite.
The cave looks pretty bad. Some cobble Slabs and walls would of helped.
The boat looks weird and under detailed and you can cheat and jump to the island from it. Also, the leaves on the tree are despawning.
Sorry, but your map has been declined.