• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Mob Arena ^ O v e r g r o w n C a v e r n ^ - MeltWood

MeltWood

Hello again wonderful people! As it stands, the server is in dire need of new mob arenas, so I took the opportunity to try out some new concepts:

^ O v e r g r o w n C a v e r n ^
Tribal/Acacia wood/Plant themed
Tiki torches

Roots from trees sprouting in

Q&A:
1. "Why did you use glowstone? iiJam hates glowstone!"
A. Glowstone is a mix of yellow and green, which to me works wonderfully in this lush environment as a lighting source.

2. "Why is the spectator box so dim?"
A. Being made almost entirely of glass, I found that it was easier to see through it when less light was directly on it.

Pictures:

lQNZPg6.png

JEKBYei.png

B0o0Lfe.png

tbtoppN.png

trYsv59.png

mK3EVop.png

Inside the waiting area:
mIGWW8t.png

View from inside the spectator box:
rX3Xtuj.png

Overall I'd give the map a 6-7 out of 10, not my best work, but not my worst. Hope you like it!

-MeltWood

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Not bad, but there are a few things I would like to say.

The waiting area seems a bit underdetailed; granted you did use a variety of blocks, it seems bland. Almost 2 dimensional rather than 3.

As for the arena, I like the theme. And I agree, the glowstone is alright; especially since it was used in moderation and fits the mood better. However, I am not (and I feel many players would agree) a fan of accacia wood. In the right setting it can be used effectively, but with the leaves and vines and moss stone you used it seems odd. Jungle wood perhaps would be a better fit, also would fit with the tribal theme.

Overall, I do agree. It is not your best build. It is still a good map however, and I think it could be great with a little improvement

Viperstrike

Trusted Member
It's not bad I like the idea it's just the waiting room that is the the thing for me that I don't like.

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Could you please PM me with a download link to the map?
Thank you,

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I would say that this map is better than Arena 1 and 2, but it is lacking detail.
I really dislike when people put podzil underneath a block in mountains. I think it looks bad. But I do agree that glowstone is a better fit compared to sea lanters.
The waiting room where players choose kits is very bland. Although you've used texture, it's still only a square room.
I also dislike the spectator room. I don't think the acacia fences fit well.
I don't mind this map, but all in all it is lacking detail.
So I'm sorry to say, but your map has been declined.

MeltWood

I would say that this map is better than Arena 1 and 2, but it is lacking detail.
I really dislike when people put podzil underneath a block in mountains. I think it looks bad. But I do agree that glowstone is a better fit compared to sea lanters.
The waiting room where players choose kits is very bland. Although you've used texture, it's still only a square room.
I also dislike the spectator room. I don't think the acacia fences fit well.
I don't mind this map, but all in all it is lacking detail.
So I'm sorry to say, but your map has been declined.

Fair points. Thanks for checking it out!