• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

New Kit Pvp Lobby (with 1.8 Features)

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
As you may know, I have tried to make a kitpvp lobby in the past, which did not get accepted. I realised the main reason that it had not got accepted was because of the lobby made before had only just come out, aside from it not being good enough. Now however has been quite a while since the lobby was updated, so through the urge of building something for the server I made another one. This has new 1.8 blocks and features on it and a few of my ideas, one was to put a piece of a kits armour behind the signs to choose the kits, (Rank kits only, not killkits) this will give players a basic idea of what kits will look like by there armour, if they bother to look. The second idea was to put some weaponry art above the lobby, with a glass roof to see them, this was just something to make the lobby look a little better. So please guys consider this.

And if this helps, this was made on my third plot in creative on the server.

Attachments

• 2015-02-28_20.21.27.png
    2015-02-28_20.21.27.png
    139.7 KB · Views: 287
  • 2015-02-28_20.21.33.png
    2015-02-28_20.21.33.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 281
  • 2015-02-28_20.28.22.png
    2015-02-28_20.28.22.png
    141.6 KB · Views: 274
  • 2015-02-28_20.28.23.png
    2015-02-28_20.28.23.png
    138.6 KB · Views: 255
  • 2015-02-28_20.21.44.png
    2015-02-28_20.21.44.png
    99 KB · Views: 293
  • 2015-02-28_20.22.02.png
    2015-02-28_20.22.02.png
    235.4 KB · Views: 263
Basic, needs more details!!! I think you should add more as the floor is just 1.8 blocks, maybe more pixel art?

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Alrighty, I've made the improvements. As you can see I've added more block variation by adding gold blocks and lapis to make some more patterns, I have also made the lobby a bit more bold by putting granite pillars and for detail a few more stairs in the top of places, I have stuck with my building technique of consistent patterns, but added a few more patterns. If you can see any improvements that could be made, post them and I shall get right onto them :).

Attachments

• 2015-02-28_23.14.06.png
    2015-02-28_23.14.06.png
    172.3 KB · Views: 270
  • 2015-02-28_23.14.16.png
    2015-02-28_23.14.16.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 255
  • 2015-02-28_23.14.24.png
    2015-02-28_23.14.24.png
    103.9 KB · Views: 285

Jacky708

I think it needs much more detail, the idea is very good but I think its just very simple

__USA__

I hope none of you get lost in the salt fields, because you are being salt cubes. I think that the lobby is pretty nice, when things are really detailed, e.g. the lobby, it can be a bit overwhelming. Also, this lobby is quite a bit more creative than the current one.

I hope none of you get lost in the salt fields, because you are being salt cubes. I think that the lobby is pretty nice, when things are really detailed, e.g. the lobby, it can be a bit overwhelming. Also, this lobby is quite a bit more creative than the current one.
But, I think that builds need to be detailed or it doesn't look good, btw we are not salt cubes.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Ill make some more improvements when the server is back up, I have a few more ideas.

By the way guys, this lobby needs to be different. There is no point making a lobby that looks a bit better than the other one with the same theme, otherwise there would be no point updating it. Also Addy, like wildbill said, you cant overcomplicate the lobby, otherwise it wont work and will be a bit overwhelming. Having to much detail will make it look clustered and close, from a builder like mines view, you cant add to many blocks, you need to keep the blocks constant. And Kaios, ima change a few of the blocks over, thanks for the helpful advice, appreciate it.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Ok, so with the help of Addy, I changed around some of the blocks in the lobby seeing as eventually after Addy had said, I realised that she was right about the gold blocks and the 1.8 granite. So I changed around both of those blocks with iron blocks replacing the gold, and good old fashioned spruce wood replacing the granite, making a more old fashioned but still new looking lobby, also, I have added a few more bits of detail to it. Take a look at this, if there is any more suggestions please tell me.

Attachments

• 2015-03-04_19.02.28.png
    2015-03-04_19.02.28.png
    134.9 KB · Views: 251

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
I hope you guys know we have a build team for a reason.

We cannot upload/implement builds that do not have a certain criteria. The build I made had enough essentials and requirements for a Kit PvP lobby. PvP only gets a certain amount of players daily, we do not need to keep updating the lobby!

Zainos said we are not updating lobbies anytime soon, there are exception of course.

We thank you for trying to help the community out, but please, do not waste your time and get your hopes up. Try helping us with, Jigsaw levels. We'll love if you made those.

XV_Scorpion_VX

Retired Staff
Ugh, all that work for nothing, great, another waste of my time for this server. Seeing as you cant make jigsaw maps on this server, its kind of hard for me to do this, but ill try and see if I can do one of them.

(You guys should have told me earlier that this server didn't want this, im very busy and put a lot of time into this, so let me know earlier next time.)

imtotallychris

Retired Staff
Well, I have said it in other threads, not in the same sentence.

We can make jigsaw maps, I do not understand your fury. If you do not want to make a jigsaw map, then don't. Make skywars.

Zainos

Owner, Founder and Lead Developer
Owner
Staff Manager
Sorry but we are fine of lobbies at the moment. Plus we have our Build team in case we need them.
Thanks anyway for your submission

Last edited: