• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Muting rules.

Should the no writing in books/signs when muted rule be taken out?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

iwasakoala

So..
In the rules it says:
If you got muted, by no means you are allowed to bypass it by using a sign or book at the Server, since you got muted for a reason and attempting it to bypass it will result in a ban for the length of your mute!
The thing is, if you are muted. For example if you are muted permanently and you want to tell your friends that you are muted so they dont think you are ignoring them then you are sorta stuffed. Furthermore, if you are caught in action of doing so i dont think you should be banned because its kinda unfair, and the message is only going to them. But, the staff should be able to see what the player is writing in/on the book/sign so if they are swearing then they get banned like that instead of just getting banned when actually the staff don't even know what they're writing.
-Koala/Flor

Nonze

I do not agree :/, i feel like being muted means you have lost the privilege to communicate on the server for however long you are muted for.

Writing in books to communicate would make being muted sort of pointless as you can still communicate with others, and I do know its harder to talk with books but its still a form of Bypassing a Mute

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I like the rule. As ByNathan said, you have lost privelage to communicate in any form ON the server.

Using skype or other forms of external communication I feel is allowable since its not ON the server.

_Smokescreen_

Retired Staff
You must be ignorant to think that you can learn from a permanent ban for something so meaningless.

EDIT - View the thread I made, which explains it a lot better.

I'd like to point out for most offensives under us muting you, we give MANY chances before you are permanently muted, it is your responsibility to follow the rules when on the Happy Hunger Games Network, both in-game and on the forums.

PrincessGrouch

I think this is a maybe ok idea, because you aren't bothering anyone else by swearing in a book or on a sign, because if they are your FRIENDS, they probably aren't bothered. But, I think it is a problem if you are swearing (in a book) at someone else that doesn't like it. I don't 100% agree with _SmokeScreen_ and I don't 100% agree with you, I have sort of mixed feelings about the situation.

me32305

I don't feel this should be taken off the rules list as being muted means you've lost the privilege to communicate on the server via typing for whatever you did wrong.

"via typing" So why can't it stay that way? If you think about it the only way you can really talk to your friend with a book is on skyblock. Gamemodes like pVp, UHC, parkour, and probably more you don't have the chance to. This means that 99% of time you can only talk to your friends.

Edit - Words

Trenly

Admin
Admin
"via typing" So why can't it stay that way? If you think about it the only way you can really talk to your friend with a book is on skyblock. Gamemodes like pVp, UHC, parkour, and probably more you don't have the chance to. This means that 99% of time you can only talk to your friends.

Edit - Words
You forgot creative

EL3CTR1C

Retired Staff
Should stay as a rule, because not everyone when muted is nice when they use books and signs.

You must be ignorant to think that you can learn from a permanent ban for something so meaningless.

EDIT - View the thread I made, which explains it a lot better.
Please give examples to these meaningless bans you know about.

Every Ban has a reason and a story behind it. Do you think we just ban people for fun? We only ban people who break the rules to the point where they need a time-out from our server and our community. Your ignorant in your own posts man.

Last edited:

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Should stay as a rule, because not everyone when muted is nice when they use books and signs.

You can't even get perm banned for bypassing on signs/books. Please give examples to these meaningless bans you know about.

Every Ban has a reason and a story behind it. Do you think we just ban people for fun? We only ban people who break the rules to the point where they need a time-out from our server and our community. Your ignorant in your own posts man.
Now I may be wrong, but the rules say:
Rules said:
If you got muted, by no means you are allowed to bypass it by using a sign or book at the Server, since you got muted for a reason and attempting it to bypass it will result in a ban for the length of your mute!
But if the mute were a permanent mute, would that not lead to a permanent ban?

iwasakoala

You can't even get perm banned for bypassing on signs/books. Please give examples to these meaningless bans you know about.

Except from the fact that i am perm banned

diidu

Edit - Words

If you're typing then you're communicating to that person in the way you've lost the privilege to do. Also, you can talk to them on creative as well.

jcdentonswh0re69

Edit - Words
Yeah you forgot about socialspy, which enables staff to see whenever you're writing in a book or sign etc. (I've been banned 3 times for mute bypassing lmao)