• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!
  • This portion of the forum has moved to Discord!

Global Muting rules.

Should the no writing in books/signs when muted rule be taken out?

• Yes

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • No

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Yeah you forgot about socialspy, which enables staff to see whenever you're writing in a book or sign etc. (I've been banned 3 times for mute bypassing lmao)
Im pretty sure socialspy shows private messages and not signs or books, but I could be wrong,

jcdentonswh0re69

Im pretty sure socialspy shows private messages and not signs or books, but I could be wrong,
It shows signs & books aswell, i've seen it on other servers lmfao
EDIT: If not socialspy then something different/similar to it

ALSO a tip for people who are muted and decide to use books, don't use books within the first 10 minutes of your mute, check /staff to see if they're at your gamemode. If they're at your gamemode i'd highly recommend moving to another gamemode. If staff have muted you and you check /staff and they're not there, don't be fooled there's spectator mode ;) so i'd leave for a couple mins and come back i stg you gotta be careful bypassing lmaoo

Last edited:

MineJam

Retired Staff
The "SocialSpy for books" only works if 1. They have the plugins nessasary, and 2. its not automatic they would have to type in a command every time to see what they are writing. I believe thats how it works.

Now I basically Disagree with this because like everyone else has said above me, You get muted, you loose ALL communication with EVERYBODY. They don't know what you're writing in the books and they arent going to waste there time checking everyone that is muted to make sure they're writing just to there friends and not cussing out people who they hate. And a book is worse than typing because you can actually use explicit language in it, resulting in feelings hurt X2. Basically the only thing I recommend was the plugin to tell someone "This person is muted" and thats about it. Learn from your mistakes everyone else has to.