• We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Help Meh, Friends!

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
Started custom building my PC 4 years ago and finished a month or 2 ago. Money is the biggest issue.

Although now my big problem is that the epic "NEW" amazing parts I bought 4 years ago are, well, 4 years old.

And due to budget cuts, I'm now on a temporary Graphics card I got for 90 bucks. That is WAY more than its worth. It sucks so bad, IT RUNS DIRECTX 9 FOR GODS SAKE! I barely play MINECRAFT with 50 FPS. Some games are literally unplayable :(

So yeah, need to get a new GC, and a Sound Card as my default motherboard chip is starting to crackle and unless I'm using FL Studio or another program that can support ASIO4ALL 2.0 with 2048 buffer, the sound will crackle like crazy.

And the dude who sold me parts told me complete bullshit about how I didn't need the crap with Win 7 Pro or Ultimate and I needed Home Premium. Problem is, HP limits RAM usage to 16 GB, and I have 32 GB stuck in my computer (Bought 64, gave other half to friend) and half isn't even being used. :(

So yeah, even after it runs, Custom made PC's are never "Complete" as you will have to Update/Upgrade as time goes on, and trust me, ITS COSTLY! (If you want something that can run games well, because noone in their right mind would CUSTOM BUILD A PC for Home/Work use (I mean like office work, not like my work, which requires lots of RAM and CPU power and others who Animate and do extremely high quality vector drawings and whatnot :p))

Masterfireheart

Retired Staff
Which is what my mom and I use ours mainly for. Graphics design. for graphics design you won't find anything better.
I dunno, when I used a Mac, I hated everything about it. It was confusing as hell and literally put a dent in my workflow.

Win 7 PC works real well for me, and my RAM (Even if it's limited) really gives me power (Any image below 12000x12000 works with my program like a breeze, and then it doesn't become TOTALLY UNEDITABLE until around 25000x25000, which is INSANELY RIDICULOUSLY HIGH!

klutch5

I would aim for Asus when it comes to gaming in my mind :p Asus is the best. I am saving up for one and it looks beast for mc :D

Cheez

Macs are good for performance/working software, but lack in compatibility with gaming. By default, the mac has a pretty poor mouse/keyboard (as the mouse has no wheel/ability to right and left click at once, and the keyboard has no numpad.) These are easily replaced. To fix compatibility problems, Mac comes with software that allows for Windows OS to be installed. (you need your own installer disk however.)

Hope my words helped.

Anchezz

Trusted Member
I'm playing on my Macbook and no, it's not good with gaming. The battery doesn't last for long. This type of computer is better with work, which is one of the reason why we get 'em in school. MC is one of the game that actually works OK. I tried WoW, DOTA2 and LoL but the game just stops from lagg.

EDIT: The fps goes up tp max 150 without optifine and max 300 with optifine. (this is Macbook Air, laptop)

Kaios

Retired Staff
I'm playing on my Macbook and no, it's not good with gaming. The battery doesn't last for long. This type of computer is better with work, which is one of the reason why we get 'em in school. MC is one of the game that actually works OK. I tried WoW, DOTA2 and LoL but the game just stops from lagg.

EDIT: The fps goes up tp max 150 without optifine and max 300 with optifine. (this is Macbook Air, laptop)

This is what I use. How do you get your fps to get that high. I get at most 30.