• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour Dungeon Parkour 9

Should this be added?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • No because...

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What's parkour?

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

ChildMusher69

I made a parkour, its on my 10th plot in creative.

Name: Dungeon Parkour 9
Difficulty: Hard
Length: Long
Checkpoints: 5

Here are some screenshots
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.21.23 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.21.32 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.21.48 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.21.58 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.22.04 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.22.08 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.22.19 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.22.58 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.23.05 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.23.14 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-15 at 6.23.25 PM.jpg

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I dont like it.

Kinda lacks of detail a little..
WAY TOO WORLD EDITED!!
The whole thing looks very unofficial..
If anything, it is easier than dungeon pk 5..
Bad block choice.

These are just my opinions though. Wait for a little more people to comment on this map before changing it from 1 person's post

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Ditto to what Mc_ProYT said. Regarding glowstone, its just a bad texture to use.

Also, doesnt it say somewhere that Dungeon 8 is the last dungeon and that no other dungeons would be added?

Last edited:

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Ditto to what Mc_ProYT said. Regarding glowstone, its just a bad texture to use.

Also, doesnt it say somewhere that Dungeon 8 is the last dungeon and that no other dungeons would be added?
I thought I saw that as well. It must have been removed.

Another dungeon parkour wouldn't hurt, but I think we need some more unique levels.
The size of the map is very good.
But there are some block choices I wouldn't have gone with. You used allot of chiseled stone bricks for the floor. Chiseled stone brick should only be used in small doses to add detail.
There is allot of glowstone as well. Which isn't a very apples sing block, nor does it work well with all the stone. And lighting may have been a problem, but there are ways to get around that (night vision)
And in the last few rooms you used polished granite. It doesn't complement all of the stone around it. It just looks completely out of place since this wasn't a reoccurring block in all of the other dungeon parkours.
And the last room is way too big. It doesn't feel like a dungeon parkour. Yes, there are some big rooms in d 1-7, but they are detailed!
The reoccurring theme in d 1-7 is tunnels! You mainly run through tunnels with vines and lava, they occasionally cross over or lead into a larger (detailed) room. I'm afraid I'm just not seeing enough of that here.
So I'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.

ChildMusher69

I thought I saw that as well. It must have been removed.

Another dungeon parkour wouldn't hurt, but I think we need some more unique levels.
The size of the map is very good.
But there are some block choices I wouldn't have gone with. You used allot of chiseled stone bricks for the floor. Chiseled stone brick should only be used in small doses to add detail.
There is allot of glowstone as well. Which isn't a very apples sing block, nor does it work well with all the stone. And lighting may have been a problem, but there are ways to get around that (night vision)
And in the last few rooms you used polished granite. It doesn't complement all of the stone around it. It just looks completely out of place since this wasn't a reoccurring block in all of the other dungeon parkours.
And the last room is way too big. It doesn't feel like a dungeon parkour. Yes, there are some big rooms in d 1-7, but they are detailed!
The reoccurring theme in d 1-7 is tunnels! You mainly run through tunnels with vines and lava, they occasionally cross over or lead into a larger (detailed) room. I'm afraid I'm just not seeing enough of that here.
So I'm sorry to say, but this map has been declined.
I will keep that in mind. If I were to change it to all of those suggestions, could I repost it?

MC_ProYT

Trusted Member
I will keep that in mind. If I were to change it to all of those suggestions, could I repost it?
Please repost the screenshots on this same thread to keep it a little.. neater. U can either reply on this thread or edit the first post you made

Cookie

Trusted Member
it feels way to short and easy for dungeon 9, needs to be wayyyyy harder. its a good concept tho, very well done. maybe a bit more work?

ChildMusher69

Ok, I changed it, getting rid of the granite, and having less glowstone.
THERE IS STILL GLOWSTONE BUT ONLY WHERE IT IS NEEDED.
Here are the screenshots.
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.16.48 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.16.52 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.17.23 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.17.28 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.18.10 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.18.29 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.18.36 PM.jpg
Screen shot 2016-05-17 at 5.18.54 PM.jpg

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
I'm sorry but the rout of the parkour itself is what is still making this parkour bad. Like I previously said, when you look at d 1-7 there are allot of tunnels with lava and vines that occasionally cross over or lead into larger detailed rooms. And this is just lacking that. In dungeon 5 for example. One of the first rooms is a large one with a fountain in the middle. It's large. Yes. But it's detailed enough! And the tunnels cross over so you end up entering the room multiple times. This is lacking all that.
I'm sorry, but this parkour is still declined.

ChildMusher69

I'm sorry but the rout of the parkour itself is what is still making this parkour bad. Like I previously said, when you look at d 1-7 there are allot of tunnels with lava and vines that occasionally cross over or lead into larger detailed rooms. And this is just lacking that. In dungeon 5 for example. One of the first rooms is a large one with a fountain in the middle. It's large. Yes. But it's detailed enough! And the tunnels cross over so you end up entering the room multiple times. This is lacking all that.
I'm sorry, but this parkour is still declined.
ok. thanks for the advice, ill keep it in mind for later maps.