• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Skywars Doodle

pofoproud

Trusted Member
Main Builder: Poofie_Lou252
Secondary Builder: AnxiousBumblebee
Helper with w/e: T3A
-
Doodle is a skywars map that is supposed to look like someone drew it therefore the name Doodle..
-
If you have any suggestions for the name please tell me!:)
-
If you want to check it out go on creative and do /p v Poofie_Lou252 5
-
Here's the video :

Last edited:

IssLit

Main Builder: Poofie_Lou252
Secondary Builder: AnxiousBumblebee
Helper with w/e: T3A
-
Doodle is a skyward map that is supposed to look like someone drew it therefore the name Doodle..
I don't really like the name so if you have any suggestions for the name please tell me!:)
-
If you want to check it out go on creative and do /p v Poofie_Lou252 5
-
A video will be posted soon
How about sketch?? idk that's just the first thing that came to mind.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I don't like the concept. There is no real island, and its all just coal blocks with some ores thrown on a few fences for a lame attempt at decoration. It looks a lot like pixelart, but 3d and less detailed. I do not like square maps either, especially since the islands on the corners tend to be farther away from the middle than the center islands, as is the case with this map. Also, not all the beacons are at the same level which causes issues with the skywars plugin (I believe).

To me it looks like not much thought or effort was put into this map, and I do not like it at all.

_Bach_

Retired Staff
I disagree with Trenly in that I think thought and effort did go into this map. It would be a bit harsh.
However, I do agree that the square design and very simple, non-detailed built islands are not quite up to the server's standards. If you want this map to be accepted, I would suggest expanding on the idea. Perhaps having swirling black lines around mid to represent little doodles, perhaps make the islands different shapes or slightly different sizes like a doodle might be.

All in all, I think this is a good idea, but needs more work, more expansion, and more quality.

IssLit

I disagree with Trenly in that I think thought and effort did go into this map. It would be a bit harsh.
However, I do agree that the square design and very simple, non-detailed built islands are not quite up to the server's standards. If you want this map to be accepted, I would suggest expanding on the idea. Perhaps having swirling black lines around mid to represent little doodles, perhaps make the islands different shapes or slightly different sizes like a doodle might be.

All in all, I think this is a good idea, but needs more work, more expansion, and more quality.
I strongly agree with Bach. Maybe changing the design of the arena may be a good idea (but the creative plot is a square so I understand). Maybe adding more features such as a pencil, ruler, eraser, etc. And try making the islands more larger for the players to roam around and kill because we all know how triggering getting knocked off the map feels like.
Take these ideas to help redecorate the map.

NoHaxJustJambo

I think it's a great map! But as _Bach_ said, the square design is quite boring. But overall I like the map! Hope it gets accepted!

Trenly

Admin
Admin
I see very little creative thought in a coal house outline. It is literally a cube, with a few rectangles on top. To me, that seems quite effortless.

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
The idea is great! Definitely unique!
But as _Bach_ has said, maybe approach it from a different angle instead of the one it's at now?
Just, experiment with it then I'm sure this will make a great map! :D
It's difficult to say much about this map as it's one of those ones that will definitely have mixed opinions. :p

xoSammy

Build Team Leader
Build Team Leader
I strongly agree with Bach. Maybe changing the design of the arena may be a good idea (but the creative plot is a square so I understand). Maybe adding more features such as a pencil, ruler, eraser, etc. And try making the islands more larger for the players to roam around and kill because we all know how triggering getting knocked off the map feels like.
Take these ideas to help redecorate the map.
There are barrier blocks as the floor so people can't just fall off of their island. :)