• Note: We are accepting any kind of map. However, we are specifically looking for Jigsaw Levels and Parkour maps. Therefore, your arena may have a higher chance to be accepted if it's for once of those game-modes, as long as it meets our Map Criteria.
  • We are now in Discord! Join our community discord for latest server news and more! You will also get a FREE RARE TREASURE when successfully linking your account! Join now, click here!

Parkour Christmas Hell Parkour (AKA Krampus 2.0 Parkour)

Trenly

Admin
Admin
A few things: first, the starting room is small and bland imo. It's just a box with some cobwebs. I really do not like the banners covering the doorway. It would be much better if you started in the snowy entrance to the house. And there too, the walls are a bit bland. I would appreciate more depth than just 1 or two layers of blocks, although I do realize you have limited space with your plot. You can skip part of the parkour by going up the steps and onto the tree. Its a small portion, but still. Also, the main room looks like a box with a few paintings, some carpet, a fireplace and a tree. The gifts just hanging on the walls do not seem very realistic to me. And again with the banners on the door. I don't really like the hallway. Its too short. 3 jumps and into another bannered door. Not to mention that that too is just a box made of coal, with a few redstone torches. Next there is the banner maze. To me it just seems poorly made. Especially since you just have to walk forward, basically. I don't understand the little room after it, and the accaia is a really weird texture. After that is the candy cane. the candy cane itself is ok, but I really don't like the use of netherrack there. Expecially since the walls again, have no texture. The room it leads into is just plain weird and looks messy. Following that, the outdoor snowy part is halfway decent, but I don't like that the stone is just floating. Also, the walls should be more than going straight down, give them depth!!! The underground section again makes no sense and is plain weird. Its also just a box with cobwebs and vines and only one block choice. The next banner maze is also bad, I will save you the details as they are almost the same as before. Then there is the final room. Again, just really plain walls made with one block, no texture, and the decorations dont hide that fact. The floor is just coal, with a lava river though the middle. Jam actually brought up my final point last time.
AND in the last room... You need to test a parkour thoroughly before posting.
You can just walk on the coal blocks over to the pumpkin and then jump onto the clay. You need to test it to make sure there aren't places like that.

Tl;dr?

- The banners are ugly
- The rooms are almost all cubes made of one block and look bad
- Things just look weird
- Your block choice changes a lot. The palette makes very little sense in some areas
- It lacks depth and detail

Handeril

From what I can see in the images, the parkour is not necessarily THAT bad. Though, the banner mazes, that may be a little bit of a problem to be honest...

Trenly

Admin
Admin
From what I can see in the images, the parkour is not necessarily THAT bad. Though, the banner mazes, that may be a little bit of a problem to be honest...
visit it in person. The images don't show as much as you would think

Trenly

Admin
Admin
Pretty detailed, a few lines could have been just fine.
I like to be detailed. A build is not good without detail. And no, a few lines wouldn't have been just fine. As a former builder you should have noticed most of what I pointed out before I pointed it out. Therefore, I felt it necessary to point out the obvious flaws in the map.

Handeril

It looks like a bit of effort was put in, but it still needs work. I noticed the walls need a bit of "something more", that's my biggest complaint. The other factor is that the parkour actually seems a bit "Mature" for a server that's trying to keep at least a sort-of "kid-friendly" tone.

I like to be detailed. A build is not good without detail. And no, a few lines wouldn't have been just fine. As a former builder you should have noticed most of what I pointed out before I pointed it out. Therefore, I felt it necessary to point out the obvious flaws in the map.

Trenly, it's not obvious to everyone the flaws in their builds. I'm just gonna point out and say that it's not cool to say that every flaw is "obvious".

I understand you were formerly on the build team, and it's great you have experience with building maps and so forth. Though, stick to what can be improved on, please.

Trenly

Admin
Admin
It looks like a bit of effort was put in, but it still needs work. I noticed the walls need a bit of "something more", that's my biggest complaint. The other factor is that the parkour actually seems a bit "Mature" for a server that's trying to keep at least a sort-of "kid-friendly" tone.

Trenly, it's not obvious to everyone the flaws in their builds. I'm just gonna point out and say that it's not cool to say that every flaw is "obvious".

I understand you were formerly on the build team, and it's great you have experience with building maps and so forth. Though, stick to what can be improved on, please.
You misunderstand. I am still a builder, Louie is not a builder anymore. That is what I was referencing

iiJam

Retired HHG Build Team Leader
Unfortunately my computer is broken as of now, so I'm not able to get on and review the map in person, but looking at the screenshots, some of the things I noted about the previous map have been fixed.
Trenly pointed out the flaws of this map however, and I agree with the ones that I can see visually from the screenshots.
It's not horrible, but unfortunately not up to the current standards (once again, Trenly pointed out the flaws of the map, decreasing its standards)
Sorry,
but your map has been declined.